re; Grammy Awards

euro

At CMT.com there is a weekly column written by a lady named Hazel Smith and here is what she said about Robert and Alison's Grammy nods:

"Now, what about the nominations for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant? My friend Alison and her pal Plant have fiddle-farted around to receive three nominations for the same record in three different categories -- pop, country and folk/Americana! Does that top your cotton? Chalk one up for Alison. She doesn't care what the powers-that-be call her music. She's blessed to sing whatever she likes."

"Fiddle-farted" & "top your cotton", now I have never heard those words before!! :lol: Here is the link to the whole column if you are interested:

http://www.cmt.com/news/hot-dish/1602970/h...minations.jhtml

:lol: Thanks for posting that Melanie. Except they garnered five nominations :D

• 2 weeks later...
At CMT.com there is a weekly column written by a lady named Hazel Smith and here is what she said about Robert and Alison's Grammy nods:

"Now, what about the nominations for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant? My friend Alison and her pal Plant have fiddle-farted around to receive three nominations for the same record in three different categories -- pop, country and folk/Americana! Does that top your cotton? Chalk one up for Alison. She doesn't care what the powers-that-be call her music. She's blessed to sing whatever she likes."

"Fiddle-farted" & "top your cotton", now I have never heard those words before!! :lol: Here is the link to the whole column if you are interested:

http://www.cmt.com/news/hot-dish/1602970/h...minations.jhtml

Thursday phrase day:

Fiddle Farted and Top Your Cotton.

Yeeeee Hawwww!

:lol:

I think CMT (tv station) should get their act together and start playing more videos...afterall that's what I'm paying for...i want too hear music not situtation comedies and/or infomercials..

There's more non-videos on that station than bugs on a bumper!!!!

Juliet :coffee:

PS And what is Reba McEnitre doing in such a dull sit com?....there's more secondary/minor characters and/or stupid one-liners on that show than holes in a tobacco leaf after a hail storm

PSS 10 sleeps till the Grammy Awards...I'm more excited about seeing Robert than a farmer who got a good price for his hogs...

thanks, Knebby. :D

Any idea which song they will be performing? (PRTL?)

R B)

I would guess maybe Rich Woman since that's one of the songs they received a nomination for. But possibly Gone, Gone, Gone or Please Read the Letter. Whatever it is, happy they finally announced it :D

I would guess maybe Rich Woman since that's one of the songs they received a nomination for. But possibly Gone, Gone, Gone or Please Read the Letter. Whatever it is, happy they finally announced it :D

They did? Better go look..........

Tune in to the Awards Ceremony broadcast: "Grammy® Sunday," Feb. 8, 2009

at Staples Center in Los Angeles, live on CBS from 8-11:30 PM EST

Record of the Year

"Please Read the Letter" from Raising Sand

Album of the Year

Raising Sand

Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals

"Rich Woman" from Raising Sand

Best Country Collaboration with Vocals

"Killing the Blues" from Raising Sand

Best Contemporary Folk/Americana Album

Raising Sand

http://www.rounder.com/grammy/2008/

I wish there was some category where Alison could win something for Trampled Rose. Shivers down the spine EVERY time.

I'm surprised she didn't get something for female vocals either. That song is indeed gorgeous both on record and especially live.

I'm surprised she didn't get something for female vocals either. That song is indeed gorgeous both on record and especially live.

You are sooo right. This is the one song, which after hearing live, gaveme the utmost respect for her and her extremely talented voice.

I remember looking at the people around me and everyone just blown away at the simply mindblowing sounds that comes from her. I've seen many many rock and roll bands and metal bands over the years and no singer comes close...even robert can't reach those highs(maybe in his youth but not today).

I just wish she rocked and wanted to sing with Robert for....................never mind. lol.

You are sooo right. This is the one song, which after hearing live, gaveme the utmost respect for her and her extremely talented voice.

I remember looking at the people around me and everyone just blown away at the simply mindblowing sounds that comes from her. I've seen many many rock and roll bands and metal bands over the years and no singer comes close...even robert can't reach those highs(maybe in his youth but not today).

I just wish she rocked and wanted to sing with Robert for....................never mind. lol.

It is pretty amazing her voice - when she came out to do "Down To The River To Pray" acapella, I just sat there in complete awe.

Archived