what robert plant song would u enjoy seeing zeppelin do?

zetty twine

When the World was Young is a super tune from Page and Plant, Walking into Clarksdale is a very under rated album.

I Believe from Plant is another fantastic song.

Nice choices. And I agree about WIC. I love that album. It simply has not got its due. <_<

The WIC songs would be 10x better with JPJ's input and Page producing instead of the Nirvana producer.

Likewise, JPJ's solo material would sound 10x better with Page soloing on top of them instead of that atonal Kyma and stick playing.

I think Calling to You or Slow Dancer could be worked into Kashmir somehow depending on the keys used.

Wow, you guys picked some amazing Plant songs - especially Slow Dancer and Ship of Fools. Over the years, I always wondered what some of these brilliant songs would sound like with Page and JPJ.

This post makes me still question why Plant was so adamant to discount reforming Zeppelin over the last 27 years. He obviously had the innovation and imagination to bring new ideas to a "next generation" Zeppelin post-1980. Did he feel Page held him back from following his own musical interests? Was he tired of Page handing him some killer riffs and asking him to develop lyrics around them? Was it simply ego like Sting leaving The Police to do his solo stuff?

I don't want to get off the subject of this post, but it can't help but make you think. All these great songs and I don't think Plant ever deserved the credit he deserved, because with each successful album people ask him about Zeppelin of course.

Kudos to Robert Plant's solo stuff - I think I'll give his CD's some space in the car disc changer again and try not to think of Zeppelin!

Blue Train from Walking into Clarksdale

That's my favorite track from WIC! What a beautiful solo Jimmy plays on the 12 string. I really wished they had played that live. I'd love to see them segway into it from TSRTS- that would be sweet.

Archived