Hammer of the gods biography updated?

On amazon, there's a reprint of the biography (published 2008) and it seems to have more pages (432) than the original one (409). Could anybody please tell me if something intersting has been added?

Thank you!

I suggest you dont read this as it is widely known not to be accurate

Nothing new has been added. This 2008 edition is a larger print edition, which may explain the increase in page numbers.

On amazon, there's a reprint of the biography (published 2008) and it seems to have more pages (432) than the original one (409). Could anybody please tell me if something intersting has been added?

Thank you!

I have a recent copy of this book but I have loaned it to my brother so I don't have it on hand. But from what I remember, nothing new was added. I believe that Richard Cole's book had updated info regarding what Richard has been doing more recently. It has been a while since I have read these books and I am too lazy to research any further, sorry.

Also, I would read these books with a bit of skeptisism as most of the info in these is from Richard Cole who was the instigator of alot of the shennanigans and craziness associated with the band and he is using the band for his 15 minutes of fame.

I read the original (1985-ish) edition in the mid-late 80s. A few years ago I read the updated version that was written sometime in the 90s (I think). The later version had some stuff on Plant's solo career, the Unledded project with Plant and Page, etc. I don't know anything about a 2008 edition or whatever, but then Meg mentioned a larger-print edition.

So, depending upon which ones you're referring to, whether or not there is anything added, the answer is yes... or no. B)

(I assume you're talking about the one by Stephen Davis).

The one I like is by Keith Shadwick Led Zeppelin: 1968-1980. Im sure others can suggest more or even a better one.

Shadwick's book is my favorite of all the Zep books I've read. It's been years since I've read it but, when the first edition was released, I liked the Ritchie Yorke LZ book too.

As far as the Cole and Davis books, there are truths in them. They are not, IMHO, especially well-written and their focus is on the "salacious" and "sensational" aspects of the band rather than on their music. I don't think that the band members were happy with either the "tone" of the Cole and Davis books or the fact that certain things were made public that the band members probably would have preferred to keep private. Grant and Ertegun were witnesses to many of the things that transpired during the band's "hell-raising" days but, unlike Cole, neither of them chose to write about those things.

I personally don't think that Cole was an "instigator" - in his role as road manager for Zep he was both a procurer and a participant.

Shadwick's book is my favorite of all the Zep books I've read. It's been years since I've read it but, when the first edition was released, I liked the Ritchie Yorke LZ book too.

As far as the Cole and Davis books, there are truths in them. They are not, IMHO, especially well-written and their focus is on the "salacious" and "sensational" aspects of the band rather than on their music. I don't think that the band members were happy with either the "tone" of the Cole and Davis books or the fact that certain things were made public that the band members probably would have preferred to keep private. Grant and Ertegun were witnesses to many of the things that transpired during the band's "hell-raising" days but, unlike Cole, neither of them chose to write about those things.

I personally don't think that Cole was an "instigator" - in his role as road manager for Zep he was both a procurer and a participant.

I think he was/is full of bullshit. If the guy would have done half of the things he claimed he did, he would've landed in jail much sooner than he did, even with Grant's influence and protection.

I have read this book many times and have read just about every other book out there. Most of what is in HOTG is in the other books also. So I am confused as to what parts are not true? Can anyone clarify for me. what is not true and what is? Thanks Kimm

I have read this book many times and have read just about every other book out there. Most of what is in HOTG is in the other books also. So I am confused as to what parts are not true? Can anyone clarify for me. what is not true and what is? Thanks Kimm

I'd also like to know that, cause I just read the book.

I think most things with the groupies and richard cole are not true. I can't imagine that everything is true. Can anybody clear it up?

Thank you!

I heard it's just crayon pictures that Cole had laying around.

Archived