Raising Sand nominated for Grammy Album of the Year!

Grammys? What a joke. Please dont tell me you all watch this crap? Do you have American Idol re-runs to watch to?

Hi mad dog!

I have never watched the Grammy's or American Idol. :thumbdown:

Just watched the nomination show to see John Mayer and BB King play together.

The added bonus was to see Robert and Allison get so many nominations.

I will probably channel surf the Grammy's this time, though, to see if Robert and Allison win their categories. Good Luck to them. :D

Grammys? What a joke. Please dont tell me you all watch this crap? Do you have American Idol re-runs to watch to?

I watch them and I think it's great to see the industry acknowledging an album of quality and critical acclaim as often its focus is on the "flavor of the month".

Oh and no, I don't have American Idol reruns to watch :rolleyes:

One of the most memorable Grammy Award shows that I have watched featured an interview on the red carpet with some musicians, when the announcer remarked that one had killed a red cow.

Hi mad dog!

I have never watched the Grammy's or American Idol. :thumbdown:

Just watched the nomination show to see John Mayer and BB King play together.

The added bonus was to see Robert and Allison get so many nominations.

I will probably channel surf the Grammy's this time, though, to see if Robert and Allison win their categories. Good Luck to them. :D

Sorry to sound negative....I just get disturbed by all the crap out there these days....guess I got old

Record of the Year nomination for "Please Read the Letter"

Good Luck and Best wishes to Allison and Robert!

Yes...I'll second that ......something to look forward to

I spoke with someone recently who heard them in Toronto in July...she was very impressed with the show...

J :wave:

I don't think that's what he's saying the song but you seem to be obsessed with Robert being mean so I suppose with that, you'll see his words to suit your thinking

I realize that some of his younger fans are opinionated and don't know any better, but I do recall a nicer Robert Plant.

I realize that some of his younger fans are opinionated and don't know any better, but I do recall a nicer Robert Plant.

You don't know Robert so why do you keep harping on him being nicer? And I don't see how his younger fans are any more opinionated or know any less than his older fans?

You don't know Robert so why do you keep harping on him being nicer? And I don't see how his younger fans are any more opinionated or know any less than his older fans?

I remember him from before. His younger fans don't have a memory because they weren't born yet. Many of them are simply spoiled and envy-driven.

I remember him from before. His younger fans don't have a memory because they weren't born yet. Many of them are simply spoiled and envy-driven.

That's simply unfair to say unless you have met all of his younger fans. Rather judgemental a statement to make.

Back to the topic which is far less frustrating to discuss, I wonder if he and Alison will be asked to perform?

That's simply unfair to say unless you have met all of his younger fans. Rather judgemental a statement to make.

Back to the topic which is far less frustrating to discuss, I wonder if he and Alison will be asked to perform?

It's true as far as I know, not only in regard to him but to other bands as well. I have not heard that they will be asked to perform but it is the Grammys.

To steer this thread back on topic, surely with the number of nominations they have they will be asked to perform, however some of the RS band members already have conflicts in Feb, so I wonder if the studio musicians that recorded the album will be used? Or if T-Bone, Alison and Robert will perform a number acoustic with a simple guitar/Alison's fiddle?

To steer this thread back on topic, surely with the number of nominations they have they will be asked to perform, however some of the RS band members already have conflicts in Feb, so I wonder if the studio musicians that recorded the album will be used? Or if T-Bone, Alison and Robert will perform a number acoustic with a simple guitar/Alison's fiddle?

If it is going to be held in Los Angeles at the Staples Center, I am sure they will think of something.

Archived