Raising Sand nominated for Grammy Album of the Year!

It would be cool to see them get a grammy for that record. i thought -mighty rearranger should have gotten one, but it would make more grammy sense for the plant/krauss record to be recognized.

I agree. Raising Sand is one of the finest moment in Robert's solo career. It's truly a beautiful album that was created due to an amazing collaboration between the two of them, this is why I think they really deserve to win this award...

BTW hi everyone I'm new on this board :wave:

I agree. Raising Sand is one of the finest moment in Robert's solo career. It's truly a beautiful album that was created due to an amazing collaboration between the two of them, this is why I think they really deserve to win this award...

Hi L.A Queen, welcome. And nice gif pic in your signature. :D

Hi LA Queen :wave:

A lot of critics are predicting they'll take some of the awards which would be great. I think they definitely deserve to win as well :)

Hi LA Queen :wave:

A lot of critics are predicting they'll take some of the awards which would be great. I think they definitely deserve to win as well :)

Hi ninelives :wave:

I really hope they'll win. This kind of superb musicianship have to get recognition and win the awards it deserves (even though the nomination itself is a recognition).

I think Alison will do more of her own work with the Union Station in 2009 (even if/when she records the follow up to raising sand). I just saw another collaboration (DVD) from Alison at Wal-Mart (when browsing the music section). Robert was not on the collaboration DVD (Brad Paisley and others were).

R B)

That DVD you saw was her "A Hundred Miles or More" recording session that was taken from her CD that was released in 2007 and it features duets with John Waite, James Taylor and Brad Paisley. I saw the show on GAC (Great American Country) and it is excellent, I think you would enjoy it. Certainly worth checking out. I hope there will be a DVD released of the Raising Sand tour as well.

http://music.msn.com/music/year-in-review/...sses/?GT1=28134

Robert and Alison placed #1 spot on the Hit List of MSN's "08" Hit and Miss

sorry if this was posted already somewhere.

Thanks for sharing motherhen. I saw that on the internet and was very happy about that! :D

I'm sure they will win everything. It's probably a slam dunk. We will be hearing about it for absolutely ages.

It's the perfect marriage so to speak of Blues/Rock/Bluegrass/Country/etc...

The Grammy nominating people (NARAS) love it when new music comes from two different sources.

Look at Herbie Hancock (with his collaborations with Sting, John Mayer, Christina Aguillera, etc...) a few years ago, look at Tony Bennett (MTV unplugged and his duets album), look at Santana (with his collaborations from the Supernatural CD/DVD), Rod Stewart with his songbook (series)....

I agree, Raising Sand will win all or most of the Grammys that they are up for this year (which is good in one way for Plant and Alison), but bad in another way as any slightest remote possibility of Robert returning for yet another one-off will be even more diminished by further successes in newer endeavors.

I love their new stuff, but I also wanna see Robert rock out with JP, JPJ and Jason (so do millions...)....

R B)

The Grammy nominating people (NARAS) love it when new music comes from two different sources.

Look at Herbie Hancock (with his collaborations with Sting, John Mayer, Christina Aguillera, etc...) a few years ago, look at Tony Bennett (MTV unplugged and his duets album), look at Santana (with his collaborations from the Supernatural CD/DVD), Rod Stewart with his songbook (series)....

I agree, Raising Sand will win all or most of the Grammys that they are up for this year (which is good in one way for Plant and Alison), but bad in another way as any slightest remote possibility of Robert returning for yet another one-off will be even more diminished by further successes in newer endeavors.

I love their new stuff, but I also wanna see Robert rock out with JP, JPJ and Jason (so do millions...)....

R B)

My thoughts exactly and also coupled with the fact that Alison is the ultimate Grammy darling, they just can't go wrong and of course it being such a wonderful album! I think they will do very well and I also hope they perform on Grammy night. That would be such a treat! :)

That DVD you saw was her "A Hundred Miles or More" recording session that was taken from her CD that was released in 2007 and it features duets with John Waite, James Taylor and Brad Paisley. I saw the show on GAC (Great American Country) and it is excellent, I think you would enjoy it. Certainly worth checking out. I hope there will be a DVD released of the Raising Sand tour as well.

Thanks for sharing motherhen. I saw that on the internet and was very happy about that! :D

I thought there was another dvd that was released this year but I could be mistaken.

R B)

I would suspect Robert keeps the idea of winning Grammy's in perspective and that even if they do take all the categories they're nominated for won't be the reason he would continue to work with Alison. He tends to follow what musical challenges he discovers.

I would suspect Robert keeps the idea of winning Grammy's in perspective and that even if they do take all the categories they're nominated for won't be the reason he would continue to work with Alison. He tends to follow what musical challenges he discovers.

And Alison Krauss is musically challenging because...

And Alison Krauss is musically challenging because...

Because working with her in this genre is an area he never really ventured in on this level. He had to learn how to sing harmonies and use his voice to deliver the songs in a different style than he has in the past. I would say that is a challenge.

Aretha has 18 according to wikipedia which aint always reliable

Grammy Awards

Franklin has won twenty one (21) Grammy Awards in total during her nearly half-century long career (she first charted in 1961), and holds the record for most Best Female R&B Vocal Performance award with eleven to her name (including eight consecutive awards from 1968 to 1975 - the first eight awarded in that category).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aretha_Franklin

Archived