Overlooked Led Zeppelin tune!?

BlackDog71

i tell you all now all i here on the radio is stairway to hevaven and whole lotta love black dog why is that grrrrrrrrrrrr look the radio station must have a burnt c.d with 3 or 4 zeppelin songs that thay play it is sad .....................and what was sickening was puff daddy and page kashmear fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lets play that over and over again top 40 count down gezzzz

but look zeppelin are truely the best no matter what the other music you listen to gets played but at the end of the day always always go back to zeppelin with a joint and a drink cool stoned zeppelin bed dreaming

now all other zeppelin songs dont get played on radio so this is my radio time lol

days and confused

bring it on home

no quater

moby dick

i cant quit you baby

going to california

in the evening

i cant quit you baby

bron yr aur stomp

white summer

communication brake down thats the way

and for all the people that dont really know zeppelin stairway to heavin lol

i dont think the radio knows any other zeppelin songs its sad to say but stairway to heaven..gets over dun if i am listing to the radio and it comes on i tern it low but when

page kicks in over drive it goes up when it picks up i dont like the song that much beacuse the radio over plays it sorry whole lotta love black dog thats all that gets played it is sad for the people that truely like zeppelin

"Friends". Great, great song that gets no love. Like "Four Sticks" it was salvaged a bit with the "Unledded" album. Definately one of the highlights of the 95' Page/Plant tour.

For the uninitiated, do yourselves a favor. The next time youre about to play "Achilles..." or whatever overplayed guitar wankfest thats always raved about on these threads, play "Friends" instead. It will be worth it.

I'm prepared to get shunned for saying this:

I think a lot of people overlook Hats Off To (Roy) Harper. I know quite a few people who list it as their least favourite Led Zeppelin song, but I think it has many redeeming qualities.

Okay, now you can shun me. :D

The Rover is one of my favorites. I've never heard it on radio and don't recall anyone talking about the song.

i heard it on the radio last week.. its not that deep a cut.. its deep but not that deep.. my song is "darlene" from coda.. i laugh and love everything about it.. theres 2 acdc songs that took the riff for their 2 songs. very similar sounding.. it makes me laugh and plant delivers a great performance.. and yes im gonna crawl is also an amazing soulful song.. i think in a way its aweird way to end in through the out door but then again pagey never did things the conventional way and once you listen to the album it is a great way to end the album and one that other than coda was their last song on their last album with all 4 members alive.. its weird when you think about it like that but zeppelin had their ways and i love im gonna crawl and the way the album ends.. on that same album how about carouselambra.. i know its over 10 minutes but its a top 10 song for me by zeppelin and one of the best ever written .. it really makes you feel your on aride and plants lyrics are hard to hear but they did that on purpose i think.. plant said once that it was about someone who once they listened to the song would say "is that about me"? it was another example of zeppelin's brilliance and page's producing genius

it's not that good of a song

Why don't you go to the ACDC forums instead of bothering us?

Anyway, my list of most overlooked Zep tunes:

1. Your Time is Gonna Come

2. Hots on For Nowhere

3. Celebration Day

4. Friends

5. Going to California

6. South Bound Saurez

7. Custard Pie

8. The Rain Song

9. Down by the Seaside

10. For Your Life

I'm prepared to get shunned for saying this:

I think a lot of people overlook Hats Off To (Roy) Harper. I know quite a few people who list it as their least favourite Led Zeppelin song, but I think it has many redeeming qualities.

Okay, now you can shun me. :D

I'm with you on this one. I like HOTRH and the entire LZ III album is overlooked. To me, it's one of their finest artistic moments and they took a big risk by unplugging the electrics on more than a few tracks. IMO, though, Gallows Pole is the most overlooked and under appreciated song they ever did. It's a brilliant piece of music that has it all, right down to Jimmy's banjo. Fantastic.

BTW, I get shunned a bit myself, so don't feel like a stranger.

• 7 months later...

In the download/MP3 age, I can see why some songs might get overlooked/missed. That's why I'm glad I was exposed to Zeppelin by the medium of vinyl. Every side was a carefully considered statement. Nothing got overlooked. Holding that artwork in your hands, gazing at it while the music played, you missed nothing! I can only suggest that people download whole albums, not single tracks. Get them in the order they were intended, and see how it all flows. That is one of the best things about Zeppelin. Don't cheat yourself by looking at a song on its own. It's all glimpses of a larger vision. There really is a context. Chapters in a book. Begin with Genesis, work your way to Malachi (or Revelation). You could very easily miss Song of Solomon! :beer:

It's not the most overlooked, but I always felt Achilles Last Stand never got the respect it deserved. It's at the quality and brilliance of Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, Dazed & Confused, Black Dog, Rock & Roll and many of the Led Zeppelin tracks that are classic rock radio staples. But, you will never hear it played on the radio outside of a Led Zeppelin themed block. And a casual Led Zeppelin fan many have never heard the track even once.

In terms of MOST overlooked, I'll go with How Many More Times.

Well, there's:

Achilles Last Stand(masterpiece, yet gets hardly airplay)

Since I've Been Loving You(beautiful, very underappreciated)

Your Time is Gonna Come(lovely ballad)

Bron-yr-Aur(not Stomp)(Some of the best acoustic work I've ever heard)

The Rover(love the riff on this one)

:peace:,

Jo

I will go by the albums.

LZ1-Your time is going to come/You shook me.

LZ2-The Lemon song/LLMaid

LZ3-Out on the tiles/Hats off to Roy Harper

Zoso-Four Sticks

HOTH-The Crunge

PG-Nite Flight/BCWoman

P-For your life

ITTOD-Fool in the rain

Mc7

In the download/MP3 age, I can see why some songs might get overlooked/missed. That's why I'm glad I was exposed to Zeppelin by the medium of vinyl. Every side was a carefully considered statement. Nothing got overlooked. Holding that artwork in your hands, gazing at it while the music played, you missed nothing! I can only suggest that people download whole albums, not single tracks. Get them in the order they were intended, and see how it all flows. That is one of the best things about Zeppelin. Don't cheat yourself by looking at a song on its own. It's all glimpses of a larger vision. There really is a context. Chapters in a book. Begin with Genesis, work your way to Malachi (or Revelation). You could very easily miss Song of Solomon! :beer:

Vinyls!!! Nothing like it. Like you said Ev, holding that cover and the artwork, sometimes with the lyrics.... I always listen to an album or CD and do not skip any song. Could never skip past any of their songs:-)

From the studio albums to the newer released live stuff...THE GREATEST MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there's:

Achilles Last Stand(masterpiece, yet gets hardly airplay)

Since I've Been Loving You(beautiful, very underappreciated)

Your Time is Gonna Come(lovely ballad)

Bron-yr-Aur(not Stomp)(Some of the best acoustic work I've ever heard)

The Rover(love the riff on this one)

Jo

Well Jo,

I think it really depends on your radio station. The songs you listed have not to my knowledge been overlooked by fans. In fact they're among the favorites. I suppose the real question needs to be defined: Overlooked by whom? Not by me! :)

Well Jo,

I think it really depends on your radio station. The songs you listed have not to my knowledge been overlooked by fans. In fact they're among the favorites. I suppose the real question needs to be defined: Overlooked by whom? Not by me! :)

I think that's the issue - by whom? It's going to vary by individual taste, location (some radio stations favor certain songs, others play more variety) etc.

Well Jo,

I was thinking of songs that aren't played enough on the radio. My bad. :slapface:

Jo

Archived