Overlooked Led Zeppelin tune!?

BlackDog71

I was thinking of songs that aren't played enough on the radio. My bad. :slapface:

:peace:,

Jo

No worries Jo! I guess I was just lucky growing up within range of Los Angeles radio stations. Jim Ladd plays EVERYTHING! :lol:

Jim Ladd is a legendary LA dj. He was the go to guy for bands like Zeppelin and Floyd in the 70s on KMET. He's even featured on Roger Waters' Radio KAOS album. He's on KLOS nowadays, and has a "freeform" radio show in which he literally has no restrictions on what he might play. It's really cool because he essentially throws the station's rotation list in the toilet. It's like the world's biggest pirate radio station for a few hours a night. You might even get treated to a live Moby Dick! God bless his stoney mind! :beer:

No worries Jo! I guess I was just lucky growing up within range of Los Angeles radio stations. Jim Ladd plays EVERYTHING! :lol:

Jim Ladd is a legendary LA dj. He was the go to guy for bands like Zeppelin and Floyd in the 70s on KMET. He's even featured on Roger Waters' Radio KAOS album. He's on KLOS nowadays, and has a "freeform" radio show in which he literally has no restrictions on what he might play. It's really cool because he essentially throws the station's rotation list in the toilet. It's like the world's biggest pirate radio station for a few hours a night. You might even get treated to a live Moby Dick! God bless his stoney mind! :beer:

KLOS sounds like a great station, cool that they let Jim Ladd "do his thing". I remember when I first started listening to album rock stations in the late 70's, the dj's were allowed to play so much different stuff (and not just rock either). And now today everything they play has to fit into the station format, no going off in tangents. I don't even listen to commercial radio anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Down By The Seaside is one of the best songs they ever did. It's certainly one of their most beautiful. If I had a top ten of Zep songs that would definitely be in it. Hey hey What Can I Do would also be up there.

Archived