richard cole

mikerby

I've heard some stories about the band hating richard cole, but I read the book that he wrote about his time with them and it didn't seem that they all hated him.

Does anyone else know about this?

Nah, they really love him. Afterall he just told it like it was with the band, who could fault that?

You must have just read stuff from those who didn't like what he DID say about their sexploits and stuff. Denial, denial, denial.

Robert in particular had some very critical things to say about Cole in the past, as imagining he was one of the band, for example (and Cole wasn't particularly flattering about him in the passages of his book that I managed to read in Borders to avoid paying for the thing). At the GQ Awards all seemed to be forgiven and forgotten between him and the others, however.

I've heard some stories about the band hating richard cole, but I read the book that he wrote about his time with them and it didn't seem that they all hated him.

About Richard Cole and his book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cole

Cole has also written his own book, an unofficial account of the band called Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored, with Richard Trubo. Cole's book raised the ire of Page, who once commented:

''There's a book written by our former road manager, Richard Cole that has made me completely ill. I'm so mad about it that I can't even bring myself to read the whole thing. The two bits that I have read are so ridiculously false, that I'm sure if I read the rest I'd be able to sue Cole and the publishers. But it would be so painful to read that it wouldn't be worth it.''

Jimmy called 'Hammer of the Gods' a crap,

and it was said that Cole threw a lot of random information to the author of the book.

Robert said in many interviews in the 80's.

So they all seemed to have hated Cole. However, I do not know the relation between them today.

Ya know, i read that book, it was given to me and i quite enjoyed it!!

made me giggle a few times. and although they say most of it was false it made me

see how things wer back then. kinda??? :huh::huh::huh:

More exaggerations than falsehoods. You'd be amazed at what did go on though, the stories definately lead to some moments of debauchery some would preferred to have been left unsaid.

Hi Mikerby,

It may or maynot have been about the price of the coke that he may or maynot have been supplying the band.

Regards, Danny

yeah, it may be a few lies, a few exaggerations, and a few dead-on truths. if these things were completely fabricated by all the 'witnesses to the excess' that have been made over the years, apparently these people missed their true calling as a fiction writer.

i remember one interview with plant about their sexual excesses and he said all that he'd ever done was take some fatties on a ride to a donut shop and stuffed them full of donuts. and if you believe him, i've got some nice water-accessible property for sale.

yeah, it may be a few lies, a few exaggerations, and a few dead-on truths. if these things were completely fabricated by all the 'witnesses to the excess' that have been made over the years, apparently these people missed their true calling as a fiction writer.

i remember one interview with plant about their sexual excesses and he said all that he'd ever done was take some fatties on a ride to a donut shop and stuffed them full of donuts. and if you believe him, i've got some nice water-accessible property for sale.

Here's Robert with 5 fatties, ready to stuff his donut. Can you guess which one he is ?

axh07s.jpg

:lol:

Archived