Achilles Last Stand

On 12/7/2008 at 11:45 PM, danelectro59 said:

Before I start, let me slip into my Nomex undies because i'm sure to get flamed.

Most of the polls i've seen around here about LZ's greatest songs usually include ALS and I have a tough time with it. I just don't think it's one of their better songs. Sorry, but to me it's gets boring and I wouldn't even list it in my Top 20 of their library. Even on Presence, which I think is one of their better albums, i would listen to Hots On, NFBM or Royal Orleans long before Achilles. In fact, i can remember skipping over the song to get to FYL and RO back when it was a new record.

Geez, I know i'm committing a felony here, but I got to get it out.

Are you nuts ?!!..Achilles Last Stand is Zeppelin at their very best-the whole band are on fire -look at Knebworth 4th for classic live performance. You posted 10 years ago so presumably you’ve seen the light by now kid !

• 11 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 9:32 AM, rm2551 said:

ALS at Knebworth video is as good a representation of late Zeppelin as HMMT at RAH is of early Zeppelin.

That is all.

Absolutely agree with this ..ALS is Zep.-especially Page /Bonham - at the top of their game.