Zeppelin Sell Out

lzfan715

Yeah...but everybody knows that Gary Glitter does that...and yes Pete Townsend...Micheal Jackson...R. Kelly...etc...

Shouldnt we all be held up to those standards...Pete...Micheal...and R Kelly didnt have to serve one day...here in the USA the unfamous pedophiles serve up to 25 years on each count...

Except Pete Townshend and Michael Jackson did not have sex with minors. Sure the whole research thing is shady but I'm willing to give Pete the benefit of the doubt, and MJ was weird but I highly doubt he was having sex with kids, especially after those other kids came out after his death saying they made it up.

Except Pete Townshend and Michael Jackson did not have sex with minors. Sure the whole research thing is shady but I'm willing to give Pete the benefit of the doubt, and MJ was weird but I highly doubt he was having sex with kids, especially after those other kids came out after his death saying they made it up.

According to evidence he not only did molest thoe boys...but most of them got paid to deny it on trial...but if you went to smoking gun.com where the initial statements are scanned online...you will see that all 11 had the same stories about his "Grooming and what he did to them once in the bed"...how does this knowledge go from kid to kid when none of them knew one another...plus the man-boy magazines found in the room...plus the last 4 accusers did know what his Vitaglio pattern looked like on his p****...

I for one am still waiting for Pete's documentary...lol...I cant believe anyone buys that story...

Enough of the thread going in this direction...yes I was weirdly disapointed to see LZ sell the song to sell cadilacs...but better than something lame...

According to evidence he not only did molest thoe boys...but most of them got paid to deny it on trial...but if you went to smoking gun.com where the initial statements are scanned online...you will see that all 11 had the same stories about his "Grooming and what he did to them once in the bed"...how does this knowledge go from kid to kid when none of them knew one another...plus the man-boy magazines found in the room...plus the last 4 accusers did know what his Vitaglio pattern looked like on his p****...

I for one am still waiting for Pete's documentary...lol...I cant believe anyone buys that story...

Enough of the thread going in this direction...yes I was weirdly disapointed to see LZ sell the song to sell cadilacs...but better than something lame...

:rolleyes: Geez, can't believe anyone buys into that crap that they were pedos...

:rolleyes: Geez, can't believe anyone buys into that crap that they were pedos...

Most reasonable people didnt need more than the fact he liked to sleep with little boys to know he was molesting them...while the statisics proove that only one in 200 boys report being molested...with 11 accusers...that put MJ on track for 2200 victims in the 25 years he was sleeping with them openly...

Darrin: This is one of the many articles you have to read. Moving on...

I never cared about the Cadillac commercial when I was young and it was on TV, but I was a little miffed years later when I would read about their supposed anti-media/single bias. In that light, the commercial always seemed a bit of an affront to me.

I have no emotion in this but with Michael Jackson it seems were he truly an abuser people would be coming out left and right accusing post mortem...I do think it was possible he was set up and got bad legal counsel when he settled the first time...I have heard the kid JC Now an adult has apologized for lying Ill look for the article it was on a radio call in show I think right after he died Interesting Argo and Silver Linings Playbook both have Zep in them even tho not on the cd...this really was their year-hate to see em used to sell cars though..Stairway to Honda?. Townshend ..need more info but have doubts there Look at that BBC guy Savile he dies and 200 people make public claims but yeah literally sleeping with kids is eccentric at the very least and not in a good way.

I never had a problem with Zep allowing Cadilac to use "Rock and Roll" for a commercial. Cadilacs have been prominent fixtures in rock and roll songs and lyrics for years by many great artists. I looked at it as an honor that a Zep song was chosen.

Now if they sold "Your Time is Gonna Come" for a Midol commercial..........

Yeah...but everybody knows that Gary Glitter does that...and yes Pete Townsend...Micheal Jackson...R. Kelly...etc...

Shouldnt we all be held up to those standards...Pete...Micheal...and R Kelly didnt have to serve one day...here in the USA the unfamous pedophiles serve up to 25 years on each count...

You're way off base in regards to your comments about Pete Townshend. Completely wrong.

The Cadillac commercial did bum me out ... so didn't Tall Cool One for that matter. But, the members of Led Zeppelin could have made Billions more than they have by reuniting ... and they haven't ...so I don't feel at all right calling them sell outs,

HMV is closing its doors in Canada and England. Tower Records is no more, Sam The Record Man is no more. Best Buy and Wal-Mart are moving away from music. If Led Zeppelin is able to find a way to promote exposure of their music to a younger audience I see nothing wrong with that. The greatest gift Led Zeppelin can provide humanity is to ensure that their music continues to be discovered by the coming generations.

HMV is closing its doors in Canada and England. Tower Records is no more, Sam The Record Man is no more. Best Buy and Wal-Mart are moving away from music. If Led Zeppelin is able to find a way to promote exposure of their music to a younger audience I see nothing wrong with that. The greatest gift Led Zeppelin can provide humanity is to ensure that their music continues to be discovered by the coming generations.

I'm inclined to agree with this statement. Back in the 70's, there was so much promotion of records and music in general. Now, older music doesn't really have that avenue - so the songs end up in commercials and on tv shows. Sign of the times in order to be heard by new ears, IMO.

Related to this discussion of selling out when licensing music for an advertisement, what do you all think of Page licensing himself out for fashion advertising?

It makes a lot of sense. The way I see it, image and style have played a big role in JP's stage act and public persona since his Yardbird days. Yes, he is very talented and highly skilled. He had ambition and exciting musical ideas. However, what put him over the top and made him a rock icon in my opinion, was the way he looked while performing. This is a guy who set his hair with hot rollers then carefully arranged the ringlets because he thought they would complement the Edwardian dandy outfit he wore. My only complaint about the ad is his pouting. I never minded his pout when he was younger. It made him look like a badass. Now it just makes him look cranky.

I think that's part of why Page is motivated to remaster the back catalog, not just for digital downloads but for Blu Ray (like Pink Floyd Immersion), and putting Deluxe Editions of the albums out, his official site, and probably this one, are going to see some renovating going on to compensate for no album art. It would be pretty cool to have the album covers come to life.

I'm inclined to agree with this statement. Back in the 70's, there was so much promotion of records and music in general. Now, older music doesn't really have that avenue - so the songs end up in commercials and on tv shows. Sign of the times in order to be heard by new ears, IMO.

Just MHO, I think the way most of the younger generation (new ears) is finding Zeppelin, etc. is through their parents and dare I say grandparents. This is their parents music and it's a he'll of a lot better than anything they are hearing today.

Archived