The Rain song live

Lorzy

My boyfriend loves zepplin and so do I he wants a copy of the rain song he thinks there is a live version and I would get it for him for Christmas if I could figure out what album or cd it's on can anyone help me?

The Song Remains the Same. Excellent version, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Song-Remains-Same-Re...5512&sr=8-1

My boyfriend loves zepplin and so do I he wants a copy of the rain song he thinks there is a live version and I would get it for him for Christmas if I could figure out what album or cd it's on can anyone help me?

Song Remains the Same CD and Page/Plant No Quarter CD both have The Rain Song.

Depends whether you like it with strings or without. Personally, although I love everything else about the Page/Plant venture (including Michael Lee, RIP), I could have done without the strings.

I actually like the strings. Did JPJ use the meletron in concert for the strings or, I can't remember, were there any strings on the studio recording?

My memory is faling me tonight. Too much multitasking. LOL

Song Remains the Same CD and Page/Plant No Quarter CD both have The Rain Song.

I do not believe The Rain Song is on the Page/Plant No Quater disc.

As said earlier, great version on the SRTS soundtrack though.

IN MY OPINION- The Page/Plant live version is a lot better than Zep's live version. It's more faithful to the original recording and played in the proper key.

Again folks...just MY opinion. ;)

I agree. Brilliant version

IN MY OPINION- The Page/Plant live version is a lot better than Zep's live version. It's more faithful to the original recording and played in the proper key.

Agreed, a stunning performance! Pagey's playing on this song was incredible as was Robert's vocal. Love the nod of approval by Robert to Jimmy on the DVD at the end of the track. They both new they nailed it, very cool! :D

I do love the Page/Plant version a lot - I like the orchestral additions. It's always been one of my favorite songs of theirs. I do think I'm a bit more partial to the SRTS version but me thinks I will have to listen to both just to be sure :D

Archived