Hellhound on my trail

Swede

hey, swede! the three artists that you have chosen could not be better. those blues stick to the spine like heroin. i love all the blues spoken here but i would have to add the great muddy waters to the list of "kings". not only a great writer, vocalist and slide guitar player, this man shared a trait with jimmy page in that he could build a band that was transcendent. his move to electric created a sub-genre that is alive today.

here's muddy and band playing to the staid festival audience at the newport jazz fest:

hoochie coochie man

I agree with you 110%, Muddy Waters is definitely one of the kings when it comes to the blues!!

Thanks for the link!

I agree with you 110%, Muddy Waters is definitely one of the kings when it comes to the blues!!

Thanks for the link!

This new movie "Cadillac Records" looks interesting - I read that Muddy Waters (McKinley Morganfield) is the main character in the story.

I hadn't heard Reverend Gary Davis before, so I had to check him out on youtube. Sounds really great! Jackson Browne did a cover of his Cocain Blues, which is great too.

Thanks for the tip!

I mainly use the workplace computer, which can't play videos or sound, so I miss out on alot of what others post here. I did see a Rev. Gary Davis video at home, where two other musicians tried to join him, and had to give up mid-jam and just become spectators.

Son House and Bukka White are two of my favorite blues musicians, along with Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Sonny Boy Wiliamson and Muddy Waters. But the list is endless.

A fantastic book for those interested in the history of the blues (also an easy read) is Robert Palmer's "Deep Blues".

Son House and Bukka White are two of my favorite blues musicians, along with Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, Sonny Boy Wiliamson and Muddy Waters. But the list is endless.

A fantastic book for those interested in the history of the blues (also an easy read) is Robert Palmer's "Deep Blues".

books? 'deep blues' is one of the best. good call, nine!

there is also 'moaning at midnight' if you can find it. excellent howling wolf bio by james segrest and mark hoffman...

books? 'deep blues' is one of the best. good call, nine!

there is also 'moaning at midnight' if you can find it. excellent howling wolf bio by james segrest and mark hoffman...

Ooh - sounds good. I'll make note and look around to see if I can find it. Thanks Beatbo!

Archived