BEST live song and WORST live song

Trinity

If I HAD to pick one best live song it would have to be In My Time of Dying, they seem comfortable playing that.

Worst, I would have to say Hot Dog, to me it doesn't seem to meld with the rest of the setlist. They don't play it horribly, but it doesn't fit to me.

I enjoy listening to JPJ sing BOE just because it opens the door a bit more on the least featured member of the band. I certainly acknowledge it is not a great vocal performance, but I like to see/hear him and Robert working together, as aside from their partnership on ITTOD, it seems like they had the least chemistry and connection of any two members in the band.

• 1 month later...

From 'Led Zeppelin:The Concert File' by Dave Lewis and Simon Pallett:

Sunday May 22, 1977

Fort Worth, Texas

Tarrant Convention Center

A mix up over time signatures at the start of 'In My Time Of Dying' forced Plant to call a premature halt to the song. "I tell you what we'll do-we'll start it again," he said, a rare admission of defeat and very much in the "tight but loose" vein of proceedings.

It's weird, you'd think that they would mess up the bigger numbers like Achilles and In My Time Of Diyng , but they didn't... Instead of messing those up they'd mess up songs like Nobody's Fault But Mine and Rock N Roll. I can think of only one occasion were they messed up completly on Kashmir live, in Zurich 1980. It's kinda funny to listen to, Jimmy just strums on the strings waiting fot the next queue.

• 6 months later...

Favorite Live Song:Dazed And Confused(Any Year For Me Will Do)

Least Favorite Live Song:The Battle Of Evermore(Its One Of The Songs That Requires An Extra Singer For It That Can Hit High Notes Which The Only Band Member That Can Do That Is Robert)

IMTOD, it was always amazing, great interaction in the band, another great one is NFBM, it just clicked and Robert is a killer on the harmonica, I kinda like Hot dog live because you can tell how fun the band is having whilst playing it.

Worst might be rain song from 1980, it's not that it's badly performed, it just takes the mood down so much, also white summer shouldn't have been on the setlist after the took it off in 1970

• 2 years later...

Best: "Bring It On Home" (There isn't a single bad live performance of this song, and it KILLS every time)

Worst: "Hot Dog" (I know it's technically not a bad song, but I hate it. It's one of the cheesiest and most irritating songs Zeppelin ever performed live). 

WTLB the two times they played sound slow and plodding. . due to JP's finger they had to dust this one off and just doesnt sound good live. . 

That being said I can tell by listening to any SIBLY if the band is having a good night. . Definitely a high point to any show for me. .TRS is always a close second but either there is a tape flip or the mellotron was having an off night but still a Percy highlight and seems to be him at his best. . 

1 hour ago, Bags_Groove said:

Worst: "Hot Dog" (I know it's technically not a bad song, but I hate it. It's one of the cheesiest and irritating songs Zeppelin ever performed live). 

Hear hear !!!

Best live...

OTHAFA

IMTOD

HMMT

ICQYB

WLL

And since it was only done the ONE time, and IMHO was a cracker, For Your Life.

Worst, maybe Black Dog. Not bad at all, just a bit boring. Like a place filler until the better numbers.

Archived