Paul Rodgers as Lead Singer?

jdero

Just wondering why Paul Rodgers name has not come up as a possible lead singer choice.

Yes, some might argue that it would be a semi FIRM reunion, but think about this:

1. If the guys are not looking for a Robert clone, he would be a great answer.

2. Look at the job he did with Queen -- He added a new element to the band, and never once tried to imitate Freddy Mercury.

3. Paul is so comfortable in his style, that it would give the Zep catalog a new perspective.

4. Plus any new recordings with Rodgers on Vocals with Zep would ROCK!

Any choice to replace Robert will be tough and criticized, but with Rodgers, he will bring legitimacy and a style all his own. I think his style would greatly complement JPJ, PAGE AND Bonham.

Thoughts?

Just wondering why Paul Rodgers name has not come up as a possible lead singer choice.

Yes, some might argue that it would be a semi FIRM reunion, but think about this:

1. If the guys are not looking for a Robert clone, he would be a great answer.

2. Look at the job he did with Queen -- He added a new element to the band, and never once tried to imitate Freddy Mercury.

3. Paul is so comfortable in his style, that it would give the Zep catalog a new perspective.

4. Plus any new recordings with Rodgers on Vocals with Zep would ROCK!

Any choice to replace Robert will be tough and criticized, but with Rodgers, he will bring legitimacy and a style all his own. I think his style would greatly complement JPJ, PAGE AND Bonham.

Thoughts?

Yeh, I think he might be a good choice.

BTW welcome to the forum :D

Because he is touring with Queen, and is scheduled to until after the U.S. tour in fall 09.

The tour has now finished and there are no definite plans to tour the USA next year, although that doesn't mean they won't do something. That said, I doubt if Paul Rodgers would want to do something similar with another group so soon after working with Queen.

The tour has now finished and there are no definite plans to tour the USA next year, although that doesn't mean they won't do something. That said, I doubt if Paul Rodgers would want to do something similar with another group so soon after working with Queen.

True, Brian said a few weeks ago that they haven't made any decisions whatsoever about the future and they just need rest now.

But, it's not easy for them (Queen+Paul Rogers) to find the chemistry both in studio work and on tour and I don't think they would let it go quickly.

The other point is, Paul Rogers suits Queen doesn't mean he will fit in Zeppelin as well. Interesting advice though.

Archived