Who is your fav tele or film Character?

Mary Hartman

Well I've written 3 Joker stories and the best one has an older Joker fighting an older Batman in their final showdown. It was inspired by "The Dark Knight Returns," but is much better than that anti-climatic druel.

Edited to Add: I think an older Batman story is possible, but it would be extremely difficult to sell to studio execs, who'd most likely feel it wasn't marketable because it didn't leave room open for a franchise. Of course, if you introduced a heir to the Batman throne, anything is possible..but I've got too much damned respect to do something as boneheaded as that.

Hey man, it sounds great. But the problem would be, would audiences want another Joker so soon? I'm up for anythign really, but it's not about what I want. I'd love to see a new Batman with a new Joker (so long as it was true to the comic, or at least similar), but that'd be hard to sell, as you said

Just some of my favorite characters in chronological order:

Film

Dracula (Bela Lugosi) (Dracula - 1931)

King Kong (himself) (King Kong - 1933)

Dale Jordan (Marion Burns) (The Sensation Hunters - 1933)

Phyllis Dietrichson (Barbara Stanwyck) (Double Indemnity - 1944)

Reverend Scott (Gene Hackman) (Poseidon Adventure - 1972)

Rocky Balboa (Sly Stallone) (Rocky - 1976)

Inspector Callahan (Clint Eastwood) (multiple films)

Detective Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) (multiple films)

Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell) (Escape From New York - 1981)

Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) (Ferris Bueller' Day Off - 1986)

"Pac Man" (Sean Penn) (Colors - 1988)

(multiple characters) (multiple actors) (Good Fellas - 1990)

Doughboy (Ice Cube) (Boyz 'n The Hood - 1991)

Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) (Tombstone - 1992)

Wayne Algar (Mike Myers) (Wayne's World - 1992)

Austin Powers (Mike Myers) (multiple films)

Television

John Steed & Emma Peel (Patrick McNee & Diana Rigg) (The Avengers)

Archie Bunker (Carol O'Conner) (All In The Family)

Jack Tripper (John Ritter) (Three's Company)

Dr. Johnny Fever (Howard Hesseman) (WKRP In Cincinnatti)

Alex Keaton (Michael J. Fox) (Family Ties)

Fonzie (Henry Winkler) (Happy Days)

J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman) (Dallas)

Dr. Frasier Crane & Niles Crane (Kelsey Grammer & David Hyde Pierce) (Frasier)

Doug Heffernan (David James) (The King Of Queens)

Angie Lopez (Constance Marie) (George Lopez Show)

Hey man, it sounds great. But the problem would be, would audiences want another Joker so soon? I'm up for anythign really, but it's not about what I want. I'd love to see a new Batman with a new Joker (so long as it was true to the comic, or at least similar), but that'd be hard to sell, as you said

They should make a Batman movie with him and the Joker in their earliest years, like when little Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd were in baby carraiges pranking on each other - that would rock!

I can't see anyone being able to follow Heath Ledger as the Joker. And if they did try and do it would have to be a long time from now. And they would would not be able to top Heath either way.

And they would would not be able to top Heath either way.

That's a very stupid statement. I for one know when Ledger was first cast in the flick I cringed at the idea of him playing my favorite bad guy of all time. Why? Because he had to live up to Nicholson's portrayel, which was classic. He also had to live up to the character's distinct appearance and personality which no one believed he could do. And he proved us all wrong. Ledger is the reigning champ for live-action Jokers, but that doesn't mean down the road someone else can't put a new spin on the character and create a completely different psychopath we all love to watch.

At the moment, my favorite TV character is Ben Linus (Michael Emmerson) from "Lost."

normal_5x01_(4).jpg

He kicks ass.

I also love Hawkeye Pierce (Alan Alda) from MASH

040208-0101-hawkeyepier1.jpg

I haven't watched MASH in quite a while, but I'll always love Hawkeye.

And Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) from "30 Rock."

Lizlemon.jpg

I think she might be me in 20 years. I still don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I would add in Mary Richards from "Mary Tyler Moore Show"; Jed Bartlett, CJ Craig and Josh Lyman from "The West Wing" (boy do I miss that show, and "Frasier"); House; and Booth and Brennan from "Bones". :)

I love Frasier :D They show it in syndication here and if I'm up late, I'll catch a couple of episodes.

It's too hard to choose, it would be any character from LOST. Locke was my favorite the first season, now he's just annoying. Since then I've wavered between Sayid, Desmond (my avatar & current fav), Sawyer, Jack, Hurley, Jin, Mr. Eko, Charlie, Sun, Claire, Kate, Bernard, Rose, Walt & Vincent......to name a few. Sorry Mona, but Ben creeps me out.

It's too hard to choose, it would be any character from LOST. Locke was my favorite the first season, now he's just annoying. Since then I've wavered between Sayid, Desmond (my avatar & current fav), Sawyer, Jack, Hurley, Jin, Mr. Eko, Charlie, Sun, Claire, Kate, Bernard, Rose, Walt & Vincent......to name a few. Sorry Mona, but Ben creeps me out.

Ben is very creepy, but he still kicks ass. Trust me, I wouldn't want to hang out with the guy, but he's a great character who is played by a great actor on a great show.

I love almost all the characters on that show. Desmond is my other favorite, but for different reasons, hahahaha. And I like Locke a lot. He annoyed me in the second season, but now I like him again. The only ones I really can't stand is Ana Lucia (but she's dead) and Jack. I liked Jack a lot in the first season, but now he annoys me and he cries to much. I love the rest of them, though. :D

Ben is very creepy, but he still kicks ass. Trust me, I wouldn't want to hang out with the guy, but he's a great character who is played by a great actor on a great show.

I love almost all the characters on that show. Desmond is my other favorite, but for different reasons, hahahaha. And I like Locke a lot. He annoyed me in the second season, but now I like him again. The only ones I really can't stand is Ana Lucia (but she's dead) and Jack. I liked Jack a lot in the first season, but now he annoys me and he cries to much. I love the rest of them, though. :D

ABSOLUTELY! to all of the above. :D How did you like the way they wrote Ana Lucia back in the script last week?

I should be watching LOST right this moment, but since our satellite provider doesn't carry ABC anymore :mad: I will catch it online tomorrow. Don't give out any spoilers pretty please. ;)

ABSOLUTELY! to all of the above. :D How did you like the way they wrote Ana Lucia back in the script last week?

I should be watching LOST right this moment, but since our satellite provider doesn't carry ABC anymore :mad: I will catch it online tomorrow. Don't give out any spoilers pretty please. ;)

:D

Don't worry, I won't spoiler you! Except to say that I'm really enjoying season 5 so far.

And I actually wasn't too upset with how they put her in there. It was just a cameo, so we didn't have to put up with her for too long. I can handle her in small doses. (BTW, my favorite part of that episode was when Hurley threw the hotpocket at Ben. That was hilarious.)

Hope you enjoy the episode when you watch it!

Fav all-time TV Character - Steve McGarrett of Hawaii 5-O

Fav all-time Movie Character -- James Bond (the Sean Connery Version.. :D )

No current TV or Movie Characters... I'm happily living in my past..... which is much more fulfilling than the present.

I'll bet my past ends up being better than your past... 30 years from now . . . . :)

Mine is really tough. I usually see a movie every Friday when the new ones are released and have many favorite shows.

I am going to have to put a few for T.V. becuase its too hard to choose.

Film: Anything with Clint Eastwood. He's just a G.

Man-with-No-Name-cropped.jpg

T.V.: On T.V., I'd have to say Peter and Claire from Heroes and from Chuck it would have to be Chuck and Sarah.

6a00d8341bfb4353ef00e54f8eea238833-.jpg

phpixNwGKPM.jpg

What about the original Ninja turtles!!?!!

000139_38.jpg

You know those movies were hardcore!! I reckon they fluff them up and water them down for kids these days...

Remember when one of them gets a severe depression in the original movies?? He doesn't leave the house for weeks or something... I'm a bit rusty on it all... but I do remember that there were more hardcore issues in the old ones...

• 4 months later...

Archived