Is "Led Zeppelin" the Greatest Band ever?

ZoSo88

Listen to "Innuendo" which sounds like "Kashmir".

I think I'm going to do so. Some weeks ago it happens that an old friend was kidding me after he watched me dancing to a Queen-title ( .... I must admit that I don't know which one it was....) with the words: "Oh, I thought over 20 years you're not very fond of Queen. Obviously I was wrong..."

Yeah, and this song was really not too bad! :(

Why you would get annoyed by their music, i dont know, but its all personal taste so its cool. At least you like LZ so your certainly not musically shallow! lol. I like both bands alot so...I just enjoy all the music.

That's it - and this was the reason why I felt a little bit sorry I said some nasty words about another band in this forum. In fact I don't really like it to go on and on about personal dislikes in public chat rooms and I don't like it either to fight virtuel battles with people who are mostly nice guys in reality!

Just imagine - one day you give a virtuel "asshole" or some other hard stuff to a guy from Fairbanks, Alaska just because he is more fond of MacDonalds than of Burger King and one week later you meet him - let's say in Ko Samui and the two of you have a really great evening in a KFC! What a shame! :o

So, have a good time, ZoSo88 until we meet again here ...... or in a Bavarian Beergarden! :D

I've to creep in my bed now!

Tinkerbell

Exactly! And there is no need to bash other bands. I think some people take my statements totally out of context and think im bashing other bands. Absolutley not! I buy their records and listen to them every day however...All i say is i believe LZ is the best, and i think very few bands come close, that does not make them not great...i just do not believe certain legends are as close as some think they are and i will defend the band that doesnt need defending, being LZ cause their music and accomplishments stand for themselves. But i gotta back the band who's music has really enriched my life.

Led Zeppelin's Influence (a rough list)

Jimmy Page's guitar work on Led Zeppelin;s hit "Heartbreaker" inspired Eddie Van Halen to become a guitarist. The solo helped inspire Eddie's Tapping technique. He was inspired when watch Page in concert in 1972.

Aerosmith has covered Led Zeppelin songs during concerts, sometimes ommiting the guitar solo's in respect to Page and in fear of not performing it properly.

Slash and Axl Rose claim that Led Zeppelin songs "Whole Lotta Love" and "Heartbreaker" to be the most heavy love songs ever created and state that they inspire to write songs of that quality yet fail every time. Slash is known for playing Zeppelin songs live.

Carlos Santana has covered Led Zeppelin songs such as "Whole Lotta Love" on occasion.

Lead Singer of Queen, Freddy Mercury's favorite vocalist was Robert Plant. Queen had covered Led Zeppelin in concert with their rendition of songs like "Immigrant Song". Roger Taylor claims "Rock and Roll" to be one of his favorite Zeppelin live classics.

Nirvana began their career by covering Led Zeppelin songs, most famous was their rendition of "Immigrant Song", "Dazed and Confused", and "Heartbreaker".

Korn was known to cover Led Zeppelin songs such as "Whole Lotta Love" and "Immigrant Song" early in their career. Jonathan Davis named his son Zeppelin.

The band Tool covered Led Zeppelin's song "No Quarter" which became a hit for them.

Paul Stanley of KISS had a brief solo career in which he performed only KISS songs with the exception of Led Zeppelin's "Communication Breakdown". KISS has covered "Whole Lotta Love" in concert.

Kirk Hammet of Metallica began listening to Led Zeppelin as a teenage which would later inspire him to get into music. Robert Trujillo also stated being turned on my "Stairway To Heaven" as a teenager in which him and his friends made religious ceremonies by listening to it backwards.

Ozzy Osborne claims that Led Zeppelin's first album is one of his all time favorite musical works.

Prince claims Jimmy Page to be one of his greatest influences. Prince has also covered Led Zeppelin songs in concert.

Members of Iron Maiden claim Led Zeppelin to be a big influence as they are even featured in the background of their first single.

Members of Judas Priest were influenced by Zeppelin and even opened from them during their final U.S. Concert.

Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit is a big fan of Jimmy Page and performed with him during the MTV awards.

Def Leppard modified their band name from "Deaf Leppard" in homage to Led Zeppelin "Lead Zeppelin formerly".

David Grohl of the (Foo Fighters/Nirvana) states John Bonham of Zeppelin as his greatest influence. He also has various Zeppelin tatoos over his body. Grohl offered to drop Foo Fighters to play drums for Zeppelin, if they wanted him.

RUSH's debut album is concidered to be highly dirivitive of Led Zeppelin.

John Frusciante of The Red Hot Chili Peppers claims to have used the into from "Over This Hills And Far Away" for the song "Wet Sand".

Heart, Van Halen, Jerry Lee Lewis, Brian Johnson (of AC/DC), and Velvet Revolver have convered "Rock and Roll" in concert.

The band Foregner was known to play the iconic intro from "Whole Lotta Love" in concerts.

The band Incubus had performed a live rendition of "Immigrant Song" on the Howard Stern Show.

Sabastian Bach has covered "Immigrant Song".

The Beastie Boys sampled the riff from "The Ocean" for their song "She's Crafty". They also sampled drum work from "When The Levee Breaks" for their song "Rhymin and Stealin".

Fort Minor sampled the song "The Ocean" for their song "Dolla".

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has covered "Whole Lotta Love".

Sheryl Crow has cover the song "D'yer Ma'ker".

And for those of us from the tri state area, and New Orleans, DON'T FORGET ZEBRA!

Archived