Queen or Zeppelin

zepfan1

I can't compare Zep to any other band because no matter what, musically, Zep wins. I am way more into the actual music and feel of the songs then the actual song and songwriting. and to this day ive never heard anyone better then Zep at the jams and musical capabilities, so until i do, i prefer zep

Bottom line......WHO CARES? Zeppelin will always be my favorite band, but Queen is one of the all-time greats. Why don't we just enjoy the music?

This. (However - to us stoner hippie concert goers in the seventies, the argument was usually Zep vs Deep Purple!)

I'm comfortable enough in my sexuallity to admit Freddy was a better stage performer as would be Jagger or Alice Cooper. But the Zep live experience is a whole nother plateau.

People have to state they are comfortable with their own sexuallity if they want to say Freddie was a great performer?? because he was gay, one can't simply say he was fantastic??? :huh::huh::huh:

:unsure:

People have to state they are comfortable with their own sexuallity if they want to say Freddie was a great performer?? because he was gay, one can't simply say he was fantastic??? :huh::huh::huh:

No,because he was a man as is jagger and al. I never said gay. Don't be so presumptious :P

Queen and Zeppelin are two of my favorite bands, so this is a tough one.

Zeppelin influenced Queen and so many other bands (since they began in 1968 and Queen began in 1971 -- releasing their first album in 1973). Brian and Jimmy are good friends, so let's let them share in the glory (I choose both).

How about a double bill world tour in 2009 (Queen + Paul Rodgers and Led Zeppelin) ??? :)

Plant sang with Queen at the FM Tribute in 1992 and PR sang with Page in the Firm (and they're all friends)...

Queen+ PR are touring this fall to support a new album (to be released in September) and they recently performed on British tv (a new performance/ track is on youtube).

Who knows, with Page, JPJ and Jason recording recently, they might be gearing up, too!!!

You never know.

R B)

It is a very common reaction and one that supprised me when Freddy finally "came out" (and promptly died a week or so later!)

I am straight.

I love Queen

I was thirteen years old when I understood what "batting for the other team" meant, in 1981,but (unlike Dr May :D ),it was always obvious to me that Freddy enjoyed the company of other men.

A lot.

I also am very comfortable with my sexuality,not just because I smugly prefer the opposite sex, but because I have the wisdom, and in my culture, at least for now, the freedom to except everyone.Freddy was NOT a great preformer ,he was a BRILLIANT one!.

Unfortunatly after Freddy passed away, I watched several fans renounce their love for the music of Queen even including a long time Fan Club President.Because he was different from them.I thought that was his entire point!.

I understood then why he had kept it secret for so long!

It is a very common reaction, and one that supprised me when Freddy finally "came out" (and promptly died a week or so later!)

I am straight.

I love Queen

I was thirteen years old when I understood what "batting for the other team" meant, in 1981,but (unlike Dr May :D ),it was always obvious to me that Freddy enjoyed the company of other men.

A lot.

I also am very comfortable with my sexuality,not just because I smugly prefer the opposite sex, but because I have the wisdom, and in my culture, at least for now, the freedom to except everyone.

Freddy was NOT a great preformer ,he was a BRILLIANT one!.

Unfortunately after Freddy passed away, I watched several fans renounce their love for the music of Queen even including a long time Fan Club President.Because he was different from THEM.I thought that was his entire point!.

I now understood why he had kept his sexuality secret for so long!.

• 1 month later...

I am sooo sorry! You guys will HATE MY GUTS!

but...... i had to go Queen.

The win by Brian May!

Blame him. Its his fault!

I think Queen made it more

than Zeppelin because like

Zeppelin had legendary songs

Kashmir, Stairway....

but Queen had hits...

alot of people think they are

Queen's biggest fan if they

know the lyrics to Bohemian

Rhapsody, who doesn't?

My dad knows the lyrics to Bohemian

Rhapsody and he HATES Queen!

But I went Queen because I grew up

with them and I'm actually in love

with Brian May :rolleyes: sorry. :(

I have read alotta crap in my day, but this has gotta be the crappiest.

Queen are good musicians, but not great. They could write tremendous songs, for sure, but there is not much in the way of technical mastery, besides Freddie. The guitar can get pretty gnarly sometimes, but overall is super simple stuff that most beginners can play.

OK, Freddie Mercury didn't really face AIDS that bravely. He had it, lived with it, and the day before he died, after letting his fans wonder for years, he announced it. Brave woulda been comin out much earlier and really spreadin the word about it.

It could be said that Robert Plant is brave for returning to Zep after his son died. To me that is more stand out, than what Freddie did.

Not to disrespect, I just think to view Freddie as some kinda AIDS hero is totally off base, when really he was pretty selfish about it.

I don't know why but I think the article's author is somehow biased...

There's one reason why Queen had more hits singles... Because they released singles!

Bicycle Race! Talk 'bout a true rock n roll anthem!!

PE399.jpg

Got yours?

Don't get me wrong, I've grew up listening to Queen but Zeppelin had more guts! B)

I can barely get the words out of my mouth: music is subjective. From my own listening experiences, I much prefer Zeppelin's down and dirty delivery vice Queen's studio made sterility. They are just too pristine and pretty for my taste. Queen was flash and Broadway where Zeppelin spoke to the common man.

Archived