re: A wonderful version of Kashmir

euro

Sorry she died young, nice voice but without the riff it didn't do anything for me, I kept waiting and thinking it was going to kick in and move on a notch but it didn't, atmospheric though.

Wow, Thanks for posting, Euro. I thought that was beautiful! If she was still around I could see her touring with Robert!! Maybe even cooler than Alison <_< She even looks a little like his ex Maureen too.

She has a very nice voice. It is sad that she is gone.

But compared to the Original by Zep, no comparrison.

It doesn't move me the way Zeppelin does.

I believe I've posted this version on another thread several weeks ago ...I think it is an interesting version too. she really took the song to a different place so you can hardly recognize it is "Kashmir".

I believe she's the best female vocalist that came out from Israel...it is really sad she died so young

Sorry she died young, nice voice but without the riff it didn't do anything for me, I kept waiting and thinking it was going to kick in and move on a notch but it didn't, atmospheric though.

That's what I was thinking. Great singing, but the instrumental arrangement was just bland. Without the drums and guitar, it just doesn't have the force that it should have. I felt the same way about the Plant/Krauss versions of Black Dog and When The Levee Breaks.

I don't really judge the song by comparing it to the original. I see it as someone else taking the lyrics and making the song what they feel. It's done all the time. I don't really judge it against Zep's true version, I see it more as an honest interpretation of a song whose "soul" would be best understood by this middle eastern performer. I see her rendition as a supreme compliment to the original version of Kashmir, which Led Zeppelin created.

I don't really judge the song by comparing it to the original. I see it as someone else taking the lyrics and making the song what they feel. It's done all the time. I don't really judge it against Zep's true version, I see it more as an honest interpretation of a song whose "soul" would be best understood by this middle eastern performer. I see her rendition as a supreme compliment to the original version of Kashmir, which Led Zeppelin created.

:yesnod: :yesnod: Absolutely!

Archived