Much Needed Advice

Hi, I entered the ballot as everyone else and when I realised I hadn't won, I considered buying a passcode from ebay. I called the HG office and was told that anyone buying a passcode and using it would have their tix cancelled. So I played fair and remained hopeful for the next ballot.

However, as we all know, that idiot screwed up big time and in the end....didn't cancel any tix from the 1st ballot. So everyone who dared to buy a passcode basically won and those of us who didn't were left out in the cold.

So you can imagine how annoyed I was (along with everyone else).

Anyway, I kept hoping and in the end didn't manage to win in any ballot what so ever.

I'd given up hope until yesterday I checked ebay and to my suprise passcodes were still being sold. They weren't expensive so I thought...sod it, they screwed us all so i'm going to try it.

I bought a code, used it and bought two tickets. I have my passport, I have my ticketmaster confirmation and I have the credit card that I used to pay for them.

What I'd like to know is...does anyone actually think that they will match up the original passcode names to the name on the card at the box-office ? Or do you think that they are saying that to scare us into not doing what I've done.

And secondly, does anyone know of ANYONE who has had their tix cancelled because I don't think I've heard of one case where they have been.

I mean, surely any tix would be cancelled before the day otherwise they are risking refusing entry to thousands who have gone the way I have and therefore leaving the arena half empty?

Any advice is much appreciated as they have succeeded in making me nervous!!

Thanks

Well they are threatening to check the name on the card against the actual passcode and since i bought it from someone else...obviously this will not match. I mean, is this just a threat do we think? Or will they actually do this with every one attending.

Its just plain BS that they allowed this to happen. They let the cheaters win the bastards.

But that's the thing. If you read the original terms & conditions, the people who bought passcodes from ebay didn't cheat because it didn't say anything about the passcodes. And even on ticketmaster today it doesn't mention passcodes.

Ticket Master Terms & Conditions

I mean, I'm really nervous because we'll be driving a long way and I've already spent more than I can afford and I don't want to be left standing outside either crying or trashing the place in a blind rage. So I thought I'd ask you guys and hoped it would have a calming effect.

But that's the thing. If you read the original terms & conditions, the people who bought passcodes from ebay didn't cheat because it didn't say anything about the passcodes. And even on ticketmaster today it doesn't mention passcodes.

Ticket Master Terms & Conditions

I mean, I'm really nervous because we'll be driving a long way and I've already spent more than I can afford and I don't want to be left standing outside either crying or trashing the place in a blind rage. So I thought I'd ask you guys and hoped it would have a calming effect.

I am in the same boat.....played fair and didn't get lucky while those who bought passcodes were allowed....so I am willing to take my chances now....obviously a big fan and that is what this was suppose to be about...have to take out a loan to fly there for this....I may end up with an extra ticket and unlike those on Ebay selling singles for thousands I will find a fan in London who has nothing to lose by standing in line with me and hoping we are on the inside for the concert of a lifetime......

Archived