DAVID COVERDALE Thinks LED ZEPPELIN Should

The Pagemeister

Chris robinson would be great. He already did a great job with jimmy at the greek, and he's young enough to still pull off some of those high notes. Plus he knows all the songs and he loves the blues so they could do lots of stuff from the first couple albums.

Jimmy, john paul, jason and chris....I'd pay big money to see that!

Chris robinson would be great. He already did a great job with jimmy at the greek, and he's young enough to still pull off some of those high notes. Plus he knows all the songs and he loves the blues so they could do lots of stuff from the first couple albums.

Jimmy, john paul, jason and chris....I'd pay big money to see that!

I don't think Chris would want to do it. Here's an interview he did a few years ago and doesn't come off as if he enjoyed it.....................

Interview with Chris.....

You know, a studio release of new material recorded with guest vocalists isn't really such a bad idea. Santana and Tony Iommi have both released this sort of thing, and I personally thought they were very good. It would also give Robert Plant a chance to be a part of this 'reunion', without completely giving up what he is doing with AK.

Also, from a project like this, they might be able to glean from it a really good touring vocalist. Just my thoughts.

You know, a studio release of new material recorded with guest vocalists isn't really such a bad idea. Santana and Tony Iommi have both released this sort of thing, and I personally thought they were very good. It would also give Robert Plant a chance to be a part of this 'reunion', without completely giving up what he is doing with AK.

Also, from a project like this, they might be able to glean from it a really good touring vocalist. Just my thoughts.

Dont forget that Jimmy himself had more than one singer on his Outrider album and that definitely worked, very underrated album IMO.

I think for the Zep songs he should have Ann and Nancy Wilson as part of it, and every city have a "special guest" (Diamanda Galas..which I think JPJ would love reuniting with) , which could leave Robert open for popping in to a random show, and even Alison so they can do "Battle of Evermore"... with Ann and Nancy? Maybe Page and Jones can go to the next Crossroads benefit and meet up with EC and Beck and actually do a Yardbirds set with some special guests? I'd love to see Page on stage with Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks as well as Buddy Guy and BB King.

I want him to get Roy Harper to do some shows in the US...

I don't think Chris would want to do it. Here's an interview he did a few years ago and doesn't come off as if he enjoyed it.....................

Interview with Chris.....

A quote from Chris Robinson: "How did your collaboration with Jimmy Page in 2000 come about?

CHRIS:

We knew Jimmy; he sat in with us in Paris many years ago when a benefit came up and we played four or five songs together. It went really well and they were like, let's do some more dates. It just kind of happened like that. People started to say, "we can sell this." So they did. It was all right.

NYROCK:

It must have been unbelievable playing with Page.

CHRIS:

It was probably more fun for the other people. I didn't really have that much fun doing it. I mean it was all right and Jimmy's a phenomenal guitarist, but to me it was just a job. I'm not a big fan of Robert Plant's lyrics or his singing, so that part of it was a little boring for me."

He's not a fan of Plants lyrics or his singing and had no fun doing it? Then why the hell would he have done it in the first place? This guys so obviously full of shit and of himself its pitiful.

I will hand it to him, though. For someone who wasn't into it, he sure did a good job faking it.

Maybe he took some acting lessons from his ex wife.

And just for the record, Chris Robinson isn't even a pimple on the ass of Robert Plant and never will be.

funny how his opinion includes *him* in future events

More likely Jimmy asked David to work with him, and David said no. Shocked? No one wants to sit in with the "Family" as a replacement. It won't work. The media is calling it Led Zeppelin even after Jimmy announced it will not be without Robert. Now it's on Jimmy to reinvent the impossible. How does he create a band including the other J's and a new singer without having it called Led Zeppelin lite by every moron with a blog. Lets see how it unfolds.

I don't know if you had noticed but they are looking for a singer.

True they are looking for a singer but I don't think that they want Coverdale to be that singer.

All I can read from his words is that Coverdale was suggesting himself (and Joe Elliot), and apparently Jimmy didn't make it.

True they are looking for a singer but I don't think that they want Coverdale to be that singer.

All I can read from his words is that Coverdale was suggesting himself (and Joe Elliot), and apparently Jimmy didn't make it.

Well no...Coverdale was suggesting instead of making a band with JPJ and Jason and a singer who is not Robert, to do a Santana like record with guest vocalists. Himself and Joel Idiot would do a track.

I am implying that Jimmy had asked David to work with him and the J's, ala Steven Tyler type of deal. Who knows whats in the works actually. We will have to wait and see.

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Well no...Coverdale was suggesting instead of making a band with JPJ and Jason and a singer who is not Robert, to do a Santana like record with guest vocalists. Himself and Joel Idiot would do a track.

I am implying that Jimmy had asked David to work with him and the J's, ala Steven Tyler type of deal. Who knows whats in the works actually. We will have to wait and see.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was saying Coverdale suggested himself as one of the guest vocalists, not as the singer for the band.

Still I don't think Jimmy had asked. It's obvious that Coverdale wanted to do that, very much (or he wouldn't have been telling), if Jimmy had given him the chance, it wouldn't haven stayed just an advice.

Of course it's all my speculation. Like you said, we have to wait and see.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was saying Coverdale suggested himself as one of the guest vocalists, not as the singer for the band.

Still I don't think Jimmy had asked. It's obvious that Coverdale wanted to do that, very much (or he wouldn't have been telling), if Jimmy had given him the chance, it wouldn't haven stayed just an advice.

Of course it's all my speculation. Like you said, we have to wait and see.

David was asked his opinion on this topic. It was not a public statement by him. He is a very good friend of Jimmy's. He also has stated that Jimmy told him he enjoyed working with him, and wished they had done more together.

Except that when she sings Zep songs she's singing lyrics about banging chicks. It's a little awkward.

Misty Mountain Hop, Battle of Evermore and Rock and Roll are all about banging chicks are they??? :o:unsure:

These are the Zeppelin songs Ann Wilson usually sings and they work PERFECTLY well with her. The only exception is Black Dog, but she sings it so well even that she can get away with.

I repeat. Ann Wilson is the ONLY singer out there who can do Plant any justice when singing his songs. No others come even remotely close.

Misty Mountain Hop, Battle of Evermore and Rock and Roll are all about banging chicks are they??? :o:unsure:

These are the Zeppelin songs Ann Wilson usually sings and they work PERFECTLY well with her. The only exception is Black Dog, but she sings it so well even that she can get away with.

I repeat. Ann Wilson is the ONLY singer out there who can do Plant any justice when singing his songs. No others come even remotely close.

Dolly Parton did a remarkable Stairway, not below Plant at all.

Archived