December in London

OK, this may sound silly, but I'm leaving a freezing-cold Montreal (Canada) saturday. Right now, it's miserably cold (minus 10 celcius) with plenty of snow(a storm just started). I want to travel as light as possible, with preferably just one winter coat and minimal extra clothing. Here's my question: is there enough snow in London to warrant boots, and is it cold enough to bring snow-country-style parka? I'm asking because I assume we'll all be spending plenty of time outside, waiting for wristbands etc.

Hello there...

UK 10/11 celcius today (Bristol where I am: 11 London: 10) and it's raining quite hard and windy. I'll be wearing a winter coat and a couple of layers plus taking scarf and gloves but probably will be too warm. And not terribly rock! Ha ha.

Hope that help?

Have a safe trip and see you at the O2.

Oh, if you're getting The Clipper (Boat up the Thames from Waterloo), you'll need a scarf if you sit outside. The Clipper drops you off at the 02 but can get really busy.

Minx xx

Thank you Minx, that helps. I'm flying from hot São Paulo, Brazil and I was just wondering what I should pack in my bag for this trip.

I'm coming from California. I'm packing light. Thin Silk, Polyester. Baselayers and a wooly 100%. Plus a down vest to go over and a leather jacket that acts a wind breaker not to mention scarf. A wool bennie hat. Thin wool/fleece gloves. Oh' 2 pairs smart wool socks. All compacts into a water proof stuffsack into a backpack that I am going to carry on the plane. I also have raingear pants and jacket that roll up. I'm going to be in London from sat 8th until the 12th. I figure two changes of underwear and socks and one pair of jeans for the whole trip. And of course my Zeppelin shirt.

Do a pratice pack until you get your bags perfect.

Inportant. Make sure you put your stuff in water proof sacks, just in case. As for an umbrella. Well if you half to bring one bring a small one. Just hope it's not windy.

Cotton clothing is not very good for cold weather. Synthetic and wool/polyester are good materials to wear. Also nylon for the rain.. Good luck. I will see you at led Zeppelin. I'll be the one with the Leather jacket with studs on it. With messy hair and goatee beard. Walking around in a daze because I am going to be witnessing the greatest rock n roll band in the world!!! Armando (California USA)

Thank you for your tips....some may be useful. But I could never do it with so little bagage...I'm a woman.

^_^:lol:

Ha-ha same here! London at Christmastime for a California girl? I'll probably even wear my pink wool coat even though I'll stand out like a tourist... :)

Rain Rain Rain Rain and might be if your lucky a light drizzle !!! but it s a cool place !! Its my fave city alongside Vancouver for totally diff reasons !! In saying all that if we get some random snow don't hunt me down in the Arena and tell me off :P

:drunk:

Ha-ha same here! London at Christmastime for a California girl? I'll probably even wear my pink wool coat even though I'll stand out like a tourist... :)

I am in complete accord with you and Brslpd. *Sigh* Packing minimally? I try, but really, one wants...options.

For warmth, the ski parka is great. Just so, basic. Forsee two coats coming along on this trip.

Guess I need to go back and check the baggage limitations. :D

Sidenote: had a PM from a friend who arrived yesterday, "Starbucks Venti- $7, Guinness $10 pint. Bring lots of money!"

So save some room in your luggage for the cc & currency!

:hippy:

Rain Rain Rain Rain and might be if your lucky a light drizzle !!! but it s a cool place !! Its my fave city alongside Vancouver for totally diff reasons !! In saying all that if we get some random snow don't hunt me down in the Arena and tell me off :P

Of course not! Can we have a snowball fight, though? :lol:

What happens when you get there with your coat and stuff? I imagine it'll be warm, so do you just hold it?

Sorry, I've never been to a concert.

There willbe a cloakroom where you can drop your coat in with someone there to guard it !!!

There willbe a cloakroom where you can drop your coat in with someone there to guard it !!!

And won't it take hours till we have our coats back?

I'm asking because I have only been to a concert where I needed to stay in the line wearing a coat, it was in Berin, April 2005, a Robert Plant concert. But it wasn't really a cold day, no rain and I was wearing a simple coat that I took inside, no big coat....I didn't leave it on the cloakroom.

So you keep everything with you?

As I said it wasn't that cold and I had a plain coat...I took it with me and wrapped it around my waist. Not the most elegant lady in the room, I guess, but it worked.

All other concerts I have attended to were here (where is hot all the year) or in Summer in Europe. No need for coats...and I have been to lots of concerts under pouring rain. But rain, in a hot day, doesn't bother me at all, it only helps. So no umbrellas or whatever.

And won't it take hours till we have our coats back?

I'm asking because I have only been to a concert where I needed to stay in the line wearing a coat, it was in Berin, April 2005, a Robert Plant concert. But it wasn't really a cold day, no rain and I was wearing a simple coat that I took inside, no big coat....I didn't leave it on the cloakroom.

well that depends ?? if 18,000 people put coats in there then I guess it could be a while !! Is this for real ?? I am talking about coats ansd cloakrooms :P

well that depends ?? if 18,000 people put coats in there then I guess it could be a while !! Is this for real ?? I am talking about coats ansd cloakrooms :P

Yes, it is Leddy. You might find it funny, but some people like me have never been to a concert in winter, in a cold and wet city like London. And I tell you...no one would ever need a cloakroom to leave a coat here in São Paulo. :P

Yes, it is Leddy. You might find it funny, but some people like me have never been to a concert in winter, in a cold and wet city like London. And I tell you...no one would ever need a cloakroom to leave a coat here in São Paulo. :P

I've been to many concerts in the wintertime - when it's been a case of having a seat, of course I just throw the coat there. But those venues where it's standing room only, I tend to wear a heavy coat and something lighter underneath because the arenas can get warm and just hold the coat in hand. It'd take hours to check a coat I'd think.

I've been to many concerts in the wintertime - when it's been a case of having a seat, of course I just throw the coat there. But those venues where it's standing room only, I tend to wear a heavy coat and something lighter underneath because the arenas can get warm and just hold the coat in hand. It'd take hours to check a coat I'd think.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone understood my worries!!! :lol:

OK, make a note to wear something lighter underneath the coat...but to hold a coat for so may hours will simply suck!!!! :thumbdown:

Sorry, I have no reason to complain at all....I was just curious about it all. I assumed it would take too long to have a coat back from the cloakroom. I'll be a good girl and I'll not complain on the weather anymore.

Thank you, 9!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone understood my worries!!! :lol:

OK, make a note to wear something lighter underneath the coat...but to hold a coat for so may hours will simply suck!!!! :thumbdown:

Sorry, I have no reason to complain at all....I was just curious about it all. I assumed it would take too long to have a coat back from the cloakroom. I'll be a good girl and I'll not complain on the weather anymore.

Thank you, 9!!!

It does suck. At one Robert concert where I was standing the whole time, it was in the dead of winter and I couldn't take the heat so I threw my coat on the floor (it was an old one) :lol: The other option is to wear layers that you can shed and tie around your waste (like a sweater) and a lighter coat. Depends on how long you'll be standing outside prior to getting inside the venue and how cold it will be that evening.

It does suck. At one Robert concert where I was standing the whole time, it was in the dead of winter and I couldn't take the heat so I threw my coat on the floor (it was an old one) :lol: The other option is to wear layers that you can shed and tie around your waste (like a sweater) and a lighter coat. Depends on how long you'll be standing outside prior to getting inside the venue and how cold it will be that evening.

I hope it won't be that cold, because I plan to go for the onion outfit :huh: ....layers, and a lighter coat, I mean.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much again and again!!!

Oh, you know, it sucks to live in a place where the sun shines all year long, you simply don't know what to do with coats and boots and.... :rolleyes::huh:

:D

:lol:

:wave:

Archived