LED ZEPPELIN GUITAR HERO GAME.

I really hope you're joking. Rock Band is the superior game in every way.

They'll come along eventually. If you went in a time machine back 5 years and asked Jimmy about having Zep on iTunes he would say no.

Idk, I think for me it's just the instruments are way better in GH than Rock band, but I barely play video games so I really shouldn't be talking. The game in general is pretty good though.

Im new around here, so you all won't recognize me... but i have been very curious about this as well... I personally though, wouldn't want to play Zeppelin on GH mainly because i would not want my sweet jimmy to become a pixelated graphic, which will most likely harsh jimmy's angel features.

haha

Im new around here, so you all won't recognize me... but i have been very curious about this as well... I personally though, wouldn't want to play Zeppelin on GH mainly because i would not want my sweet jimmy to become a pixelated graphic, which will most likely harsh jimmy's angel features.

haha

I agree - has anyone seen what they did to Aerosmith?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they should let any of the Zeppelin songs be put in guitar hero. Although, I dearly love both AC/DC and Black Sabbath, truth be told , whenever I'm in Best buy and inevitably Iron Man or Back in Black is playing , I can't help but feel that I'm sick of hearing those songs. Which is a shame because before guitar hero and the over saturation of those tunes, I loved them both. So my personal feeling is that Guitar Hero ruins the songs that are in it's game by over playing them.

Take the money you'd spend on a video game system and video games themselves and buy an acoustic guitar instead. Then direct your son to all the free guitar lessons on youtube. A much better use of his time.

I really hope you're joking. Rock Band is the superior game in every way.

They'll come along eventually. If you went in a time machine back 5 years and asked Jimmy about having Zep on iTunes he would say no.

I favor the guitar hero series.

They basically keep changing the way the game is played. The major difference in Rock Band 1 and 2 is just more songs. Lame.

Guitar Hero: World Tour added functionality to the controller, the interface, and progressed into something different.

Guitar Hero is to Led Zeppelin

as

Rock Band is to (enter crappy unchanging band here)

I favor the guitar hero series.

They basically keep changing the way the game is played. The major difference in Rock Band 1 and 2 is just more songs. Lame.

Guitar Hero: World Tour added functionality to the controller, the interface, and progressed into something different.

Guitar Hero is to Led Zeppelin

as

Rock Band is to (enter crappy unchanging band here)

Guitar Hero ripped off Rock Band. You call that innovation? The only changes Guitar Hero makes are innovations Harmonix made in their previous games. And obviously the music industry respect the Rock Band series more, they have exclusivity to The Beatles and AC/DC. And at least MTV, EA and Harmonix aren't whoring out the franchise by releasing like 8 games a year.

I don't think they should let any of the Zeppelin songs be put in guitar hero. Although, I dearly love both AC/DC and Black Sabbath, truth be told , whenever I'm in Best buy and inevitably Iron Man or Back in Black is playing , I can't help but feel that I'm sick of hearing those songs. Which is a shame because before guitar hero and the over saturation of those tunes, I loved them both. So my personal feeling is that Guitar Hero ruins the songs that are in it's game by over playing them.

Take the money you'd spend on a video game system and video games themselves and buy an acoustic guitar instead. Then direct your son to all the free guitar lessons on youtube. A much better use of his time.

Yeah but those songs have been out for a longer time, so you've had a longer time to be tired of them.

You might as well be saying that these games shouldn't exist at all rather than Led Zeppelin shouldn't be in them.

Yes you may be "hearing" the song again, but if you play the game then you get to experience the song in a whole new way.

It's not necessary, but it can be fun.

only problem with this is that it is physically impossible to have this game. First off even if you hit every note perfectly you could never 100% a song because you could never play it as good as zeppelin you could maybe only get 67% max. Second if you messed up on any note no matter what the game would break beause of the injustice to humanity that had occurred.

• 2 weeks later...
only problem with this is that it is physically impossible to have this game. First off even if you hit every note perfectly you could never 100% a song because you could never play it as good as zeppelin you could maybe only get 67% max. Second if you messed up on any note no matter what the game would break beause of the injustice to humanity that had occurred.

Zeppelin made mistakes

Page even left those mistakes on some studio recordings mind you

I heard that the remaining members of the band/atlantic records refuses to let guitar hero use their songs because it requires access to the original recordings of the songs, and they are afraid that the tapes will be damaged if handled too much,

That's exactly it and confirmed by many sources. That kind of sucks though, they people who put the master tapes into the game are audio professionals.

Yeah but those songs have been out for a longer time, so you've had a longer time to be tired of them.

You might as well be saying that these games shouldn't exist at all rather than Led Zeppelin shouldn't be in them.

Yes you may be "hearing" the song again, but if you play the game then you get to experience the song in a whole new way.

It's not necessary, but it can be fun.

If you learn to play it on a Real guitar it's a whole different experience too :whistling:

How can you appreciate that game if you play real guitar too?

Hitting 6 buttons is sort of down-playing how complex this instrument can be. The game takes all the soul and feeling out of playing the instrument, things that are an essential part of playing. I'd be a little more of a fan if you could improvise and do your own thing, but you can't venture off the beaten (and I mean beaten) path.

Hitting 6 buttons is sort of down-playing how complex this instrument can be. The game takes all the soul and feeling out of playing the instrument, things that are an essential part of playing. I'd be a little more of a fan if you could improvise and do your own thing, but you can't venture off the beaten (and I mean beaten) path.

Letting rappers tamper with classic music takes the soul out of the music, too, but did that stop Jimmy then?

First of all, it's 5 buttons :P

It's a game for everyone to play.

It's pretty clear that not everyone can play guitar.

If they made a game that was as realistic as guitar, most people wouldn't play it because they would suck at it. The company wouldn't make a profit. The players would need to practice a lot more to see results.

Hence, if you want this type of experience, then play guitar!

It's not the same thing and no one pretends that it is.

It's that simple.

I enjoy both because I understand the difference.

Anyone can watch me rock out on my guitar and it's cool and all, but this game at least gets people involved.

There's little to no improvisation because games need to be measured. You need to be able to tell who won. If you can just do whatever the fuck you wanted, there would be no way to measure that.

There is much debate about who is the greatest guitarist ever, but you'll never really know for sure because there is no way to actually measure that.

With this game, all you have to do is look at the online leaderboards.

It's two different things. One is measured and one is more free and open to improvisations.

Both are fun and competitive in their own way.

GH and RB are in no way threats to the music industry--in fact they have boosted it because they pull more people in.

It's more than 5.., you've got the 5 frets and 1 strummer. Actually, there's a whammy bar and some sort of start button too isn't there? Guess I was wrong too.

Either way, still wish there was at least a feature inside the game, not necessarily scored, that you could do improvisations in.

Maybe then I'd be a fan.

Archived