LED ZEPPELIN GUITAR HERO GAME.

Ask any manager of any store that sells instruments and they will tell you that there is now HUGE interest in learning a real instrument because of these games. They are a positive influence.

Exactly...

Good for guitar shops? Maybe.., But now millions of kids on the planet think they're the next Jimi Hendrix because they can score 34 million points on that game...

In reality, 95% of them will fail miserably and waste hundreds of dollars, and 4.5% will end up making sh!t music that lacks creativity and innovation and end up forcing it over the airwaves for the retarded American-Idol-loving, no-musical-taste-having American public. Lets say 0.5% are actually good at it.., good for them..,

But I refuse to believe musical genius is inspired by a video game.

Exactly...

Good for guitar shops? Maybe.., But now millions of kids on the planet think they're the next Jimi Hendrix because they can score 34 million points on that game...

In reality, 95% of them will fail miserably and waste hundreds of dollars, and 4.5% will end up making sh!t music that lacks creativity and innovation and end up forcing it over the airwaves for the retarded American-Idol-loving, no-musical-taste-having American public. Lets say 0.5% are actually good at it.., good for them..,

That pretty much sums up my opinion on this as well and I don't even play guitar. Finally, someone has said it. Great job Docron!

:thumbsup::yourock:

It's not....but the desire to attempt it might be...and I'm not sure what's wrong with that? There will always be shitty bands with or without these games.

Brilliance in any of the arts is something a person is born with. You either have it or you don't. Anyone can learn to play an instrument if they apply themselves, but that doesn't mean they'll ever venture into brilliance if the aptitude for creativity isn't there in the first place.

So I still don't see what the video game has to do with it. ???

I'm no big fan of either Rock Band or GH, but the accesories for a Zep driven game would be pretty cool, I have to admit. Imagine Jimmy's Les Paul sunburst, the SG doubleneck, maybe even the Danelectro. And you'd have to lose those lame ass "drum kits" and buy the Bonham Ludwig vistalite "Zep Set" version, complete with three circle symbol instead of the generic bass drum logos they sell for the front of the kit....! B)

I saw a drawing of this on a friends MySpace at one time:

r055-jimmy-page-double-neck-75.jpg

Jimmy was holding a double neck Guitar Hero guitar instaead though. The whole thing was pretty funny.

I saw a drawing of this on a friends MySpace at one time:

r055-jimmy-page-double-neck-75.jpg

Jimmy was holding a double neck Guitar Hero guitar instaead though. The whole thing was pretty funny.

I made one of those using my photo editor; it's actually my avatar on a Guitar Hero/Rock Band website.

newjpage.jpg

Another little parody of mine:

guitarherobeegees.jpg

So what? Not everybody can be Jimi, Jimmy, Duane or Eddie. At least they have the desire to at least try the real thing out. You make it sound like kids trying real instruments is a cancer on humanity.

It's more than 5.., you've got the 5 frets and 1 strummer. Actually, there's a whammy bar and some sort of start button too isn't there? Guess I was wrong too.

Either way, still wish there was at least a feature inside the game, not necessarily scored, that you could do improvisations in.

Maybe then I'd be a fan.

Guitar Hero World Tour has a mode where you can make a song.

I haven't checked it out because I can make my own song on my own guitar.

:D

Exactly...

A lot of people go through similar crazes with pets!

Kids and parents buy pets and don't understand the responsibility involved.

The music industry is already producing shit.

These games give kids a chance to listen to "non-shit" and help them reinvent rock and roll in a context of today.

There's no genius development in it. It's all about an enriched awareness.

I would love if something like this was made. I never bought a GH/RB game before, but I would love to play this one. The only instrument I've ever played was piano, and I was too young and immature to understand just how great it was, and quit. I feel now that I'm too old to really begin playing an instrument(I'm 19 now), so I never really got the chance to feel like a rockstar. To all the people who say it's just playing a game and it's not nearly the same, that's exactly it, it is just a game. I play CoD because I'm not going to join the army, but it's fun to shoot people sometimes and pretend you really are. I play Legend of Zelda because I'm not going to pick up a sword and save a princess, but it's fun to pretend you are sometimes. Why can't you pick up a plastic guitar and pretend you're a rockstar? Like I said, I don't have the skills to actually play guitar or drums, and it's pretty much too late to learn, so why can't I just pretend I can for fun?

It would just be so much fun. I'm just imagining the setlist now. Currently air guitaring to TSRTS right now, and feeling like it would be even more awesome with a little plastic guitar instead.

• 2 weeks later...

There is more news. According to the March issue of Wired Magazine, Warner Brothers Music Group thinks it is not being payed enough royalties for licensing in Guitar Hero and Rock Band. MTV Games are boycotting Warner artists, and Guitar Hero's working with them has become strained. HUGE Warner artists include: Led Zeppelin (obviously), AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Company, Black Sabbath, The Doors, The Eagles, Flaming Lips, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Mastodon, Motley Crue, Muse, Megadeth, Pantera, and REM. All of the artists I listed are essential to have in music games. This could very well be the collapse of this genre. However, games like The untitled Beatles project (from the makers of Rock Band) may cause other artists to want to be included, rather than paid out the ass for.

• 4 weeks later...
If they ever did, it would have to come with a violin bow :P Beside the "fretboard" on screen there would be another thing showing when & how to bow the controller (which would have a sensor on the strum bar that knew when you bowed it) :D

That sounds so kick ass, to be honest.

xDD

Archived