Jimmy appears on new Jackie DeShannon compilation

aen27

I saw in Record Collector that Jackie DeShannon has new compilation called Break A Way: The Songs of Jackie DeShannon. It has at least two of the songs she wrote with Jimmy that have never been released before on it. It's been out since October and the first I had heard about it was yesterday.

I saw in Record Collector that Jackie DeShannon has new compilation called Break A Way: The Songs of Jackie DeShannon. It has at least two of the songs she wrote with Jimmy that have never been released before on it. It's been out since October and the first I had heard about it was yesterday.

And the first I heard about it, is right now ! Thanks for posting this. I may have missed this news on a previous thread but no matter. Cheers

Has anyone ever heard of Jackie DeShannon? And she gets to put out a compilation? Nice. Whoever that is. So are these two tracks from forty years ago when Jimmy Page was a session musician or is this something more recent when his playing was good?

I saw in Record Collector that Jackie DeShannon has new compilation called Break A Way: The Songs of Jackie DeShannon. It has at least two of the songs she wrote with Jimmy that have never been released before on it.

That's misleading. Both songs have been available for years. One of the songs (Barbara Lewis' "Stop That Girl") is being released on CD for the first time. The other song ("In My Time Of Sorrow" by Gay Shingleton) was released on a girl-group compilation a couple years ago.

That's misleading. Both songs have been available for years. One of the songs (Barbara Lewis' "Stop That Girl") is being released on CD for the first time. The other song ("In My Time Of Sorrow" by Gay Shingleton) was released on a girl-group compilation a couple years ago.

That's fine. I am not familar with what they wrote together, other than a couple of tracks.

Has anyone ever heard of Jackie DeShannon? And she gets to put out a compilation? Nice. Whoever that is. So are these two tracks from forty years ago when Jimmy Page was a session musician or is this something more recent when his playing was good?

She was very pretty blonde American singer/songwriter in the '60s. Jimmy played on some of her songs when he was a session musican. They wrote together, dated and "Tangerine" Jimmy wrote supposedly about her. She even sings the backing on his single, where he evan sang!!!

I think that covers who she is for those who don't know.

Awesomeness...but is it any good? And what single of Jimmy's may I ask? Where did you get this bit of information? The gods?

Differant places. Read the book George Case wrote about him. That goes into the most detail about him and Jackie, besides When Giants Walked the Earth, that I have seen. The CD is advertised in the current Record Collector with Pink Floyd on the cover.

His single was from 1965 "She Just Satifies (which he did everything, but drumming, including singing. The only time I think) and Keep Movin' on the B side.

It maybe worth looking into. It's two songs.

Here is a link to a article that I found in a newspaper that I was reading on my Christmas visits.

It is about a musician from Ohio named Kenny Miller (I have never heard of him) who used to date Jackie DeShannon. Apparently Jimmy was a session musician on one of his recordings. Has anyone heard of him or his works?

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/e/conten...lifemcginn.html

another link on Kenny Miller:

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterkid4/kenny.html

Here is a link to a article that I found in a newspaper that I was reading on my Christmas visits.

Very interesting -- thanks for posting this! Miller was the first person to cover a David Bowie song ("Take My Tip"). Since Bowie's original version had featured Jimmy Page on guitar, I guess it's not surprising that Page would have played on Miller's version too.

But I can't find any evidence that Miller released a "series of flop singles" in the U.S. -- maybe more like "a series of unreleased recordings that went nowhere"??

Archived