Robert appearing in Wales

Welsh Zephead

gavinstacy4.jpg

gavinstacy3.jpg

thanks indeed for sharing your experience welsh and 9 for the pics. these are nice pics robert plant. he does look indeed a happy man and good for him. his just such a charismatic fella and funny too.

hilarious even just picturing peter grant falling on anything :D

it's really cool that he picked blue christmas for that queen. it would be my personal pick too for him :), it being one of my all-time fave christmas croons and him of course being my all time favorite guy!

may i just mention how great his hair looks, of course the greys well covered but the body and all same as it ever was. his jacket which he's worn many more times, man this guy has no air!

flawless!!

this is such a nice way to start my blistery day. with bad sore throat and all heaven help me i gettin out of my shelter and brave ol man winter come what may!

happy christmas to you mr. plant our golden god!!!!!

Can you clafify something for me? Back in the '70s I'm sure there was a big King Kong statue or something like that around, or in, Barry Island. Maybe it was Porthcawl (coz we used to go there too)? All I seem to remember is a big King Kong that used to scare me.

Unless I was dreaming the whole thing?? :unsure:

I think what you're referring to was in Coney Beach Fun Fair in Porthcawl. There was a ghost train ride that had two moving figures on the roof - one was a monster pulling the head of an unfortunate lady, the other was a gorilla holding a large rock as if to throw it. I'm not sure but it might have been called the Devil's Dipper or similar. The ride is long gone but the fun fair just about survives. Porthcawl used to have some great pubs too - The Knights Arms and the Pier Hotel used to cater for rockers from all over. Great jukeboxes, lots of Zeppelin, Skynyrd, AC/DC etc. Great days, nothing like that now though...

Just come back from there, quite a good turnout too.

Regarding "Blue Christmas", he did ask Ruth to play it for the Queen of Merthyr Tydfil. It was his chosen song and talked about when he met Elvis. He said that he met Elvis in 1973 at the LA Forum and he wondered why Led Zeppelin were selling more tickets than himself. Robert said that Elvis had too many people around him to know much about what was happening in the world. Robert also said that Peter Grant tripped when they met and landed on Elvis's dad. :D

Robert also talked about his son playing for Inter Cardiff (A football team) which I never knew.

Robert attended son Logan's debut for Inter Cardiff at Cwmbran Stadium on 12/27/99…Logan scored a goal in the 4-1 loss to Cwmbran.

That meeting with Presley was on 5/11/74, not "1973" as Robert recalled.

I am thinking it would be Porthcawl because they had these dinosaur statues as well outside their fairground park which scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't go in where the dinosaurs were, too frightened. :(

Ah thank you. It must have been Porthcawl then. I'm pretty sure there was also a big King Kong as well as the dinosaurs. I remember the dinosaurs now that you mention them.

Cheers! :)

I think what you're referring to was in Coney Beach Fun Fair in Porthcawl. There was a ghost train ride that had two moving figures on the roof - one was a monster pulling the head of an unfortunate lady, the other was a gorilla holding a large rock as if to throw it. I'm not sure but it might have been called the Devil's Dipper or similar. The ride is long gone but the fun fair just about survives.

Ah thanks to you too. Yes, the rock rings a bell. Maybe it wasn't King Kong just a big gorilla (er, like I could tell the difference at age 6 LOL). :)

Porthcawl used to have some great pubs too - The Knights Arms and the Pier Hotel used to cater for rockers from all over. Great jukeboxes, lots of Zeppelin, Skynyrd, AC/DC etc. Great days, nothing like that now though...

I wouldn't know. I don't think I have been there since I was about 12. Unfortunately.

Archived