Final no from Robert Plant - no problem...

hecube

Good for Robert is all I can say!

He's really enjoying the Alison Krauss thing and it was a sublime album they made together, hopefully the next one will be originals.

And dont forget he has another great band - Strange Sensation. In fact when Mighty Rearranger came out I thought if Robert, Jimmy and JPJ ever recorded together again it would sound like that.

There's far too much negativity surrounding Plant at the moment, all I will say is that seeing him perform for the first time three years ago was such a great moment for me. He'll carry on making great music whoever he's with. He's voice has also evolved over the years, its easier for guitarists/bassists/drummers to make songs sound almost exactly the same as they were years ago but the human voice evolves, and Rober's voice is fanatastic with SS and Krauss.

Yes, it is a shame that the Zeppelin wont rise again but there's two great projects at the moment - the three Js and Plant and Krauss. Also - Robert with Alsion will be performing the acoustic Zeppelin songs, something I dont think the others will do - the best of both worlds perhaps?

Edited by Hand_Of_Omega_91

yes, yes , yes, that's just another "final final". It hurts a bit when he points out deliberately at his not being able to "master" four steps. Robert, some people out there still remember you climbing the stairway to heaven. :)

(I can't help wondering when will they s-t-o-p asking him the same old question....)

He was making a joke about the four steps :)

ive loved robert for so meny years now,and saw both un leded tours ,i realy wanted this to happen , robert once complained about his peers forgetting the rebel yell, well now that robert has changed his to howdie yaull, all is lost!!!!!!!, i know the three j's have a great album still to write, after all pagie has a knac for finding singers

p.s. robert good luck on hee haw :angry:

Hee Haw hasn't been on the air for years. Robert has always been a musician who evolves. He's not going to (nor should he) stay the same guy he was 30 years ago. Whether you like what he does or not, you can respect the fact he's interested in doing new things.

Good for Robert is all I can say!

He's really enjoying the Alison Krauss thing and it was a sublime album they made together, hopefully the next one will be originals.

And dont forget he has another great band - Strange Sensation. In fact when Mighty Rearranger came out I thought if Robert, Jimmy and JPJ ever recorded together again it would sound like that.

There's far too much negativity surrounding Plant at the moment, all I will say is that seeing him perform for the first time three years ago was such a great moment for me. He'll carry on making great music whoever he's with. He's voice has also evolved over the years, its easier for guitarists/bassists/drummers to make songs sound almost exactly the same as they were years ago but the human voice evolves, and Rober's voice is fanatastic with SS and Krauss.

Yes, it is a shame that the Zeppelin wont rise again but there's two great projects at the moment - the three Js and Plant and Krauss. Also - Robert with Alsion will be performing the acoustic Zeppelin songs, something I dont think the others will do - the best of both worlds perhaps?

:goodpost:

:thumbsup:

Well said - I agree that it would be great to see an album of originals with Alison and T Bone. They talked about possibly writing together at one point but whether anything came of it we'll have to see.

I loved Strange Sensation. What an amazing band they were. Would certainly be great to see them resurface in the future.

It hurts a bit when he points out deliberately at his not being able to "master" four steps.

I, for one, would be more than willing to help him climb any stairs as long as I can ASSist from BEHIND. Any other women here agree with me? :D

Okay, please resume your normally scheduled thread subject matter. Don't answer that last question. :slapface:

There isn't any more to say. Robert doesn't have to live his life for Jimmy. He's not turning his back on them. As he said, they are in different places with what they want to do musically. There's no crime in that. It's life. Nothing wrong with being disappointed. Many of us would like to see them together but I totally respect Robert's decision and I totally support whatever project Jimmy is working on.

And for the record, Jimmy didn't "make" Robert. They all came together with their own unique talent and the combination of that talent is what made the BAND.

AMEN to all the above! And the above post should simply put an end to all this silly Plant-bashing.

Well said - I agree that it would be great to see an album of originals with Alison and T Bone. They talked about possibly writing together at one point but whether anything came of it we'll have to see.

But from what I've heard, songs have already been "selected" which means one more album of nothing but covers.

Good answer! :hysterical:

Sometimes he is just too good to be true, but I suppose there may have been a time when he was not so disappointing.

ive loved robert for so meny years now,and saw both un leded tours ,i realy wanted this to happen , robert once complained about his peers forgetting the rebel yell, well now that robert has changed his to howdie yaull, all is lost!!!!!!!, i know the three j's have a great album still to write, after all pagie has a knac for finding singers

lol now now, there's no need to be bitter. lol that is really funny though, you made me laugh; I suppose it's better than crying. Just don't say it too loudly because otherwise we'll get a reminder from someone that he has to be proud of what he does. I just look at it this way, he has always made his living whoring himself out to everyone and this is just the latest sordid variation.

Happy New Year!

Edited by eternal light

Oh my!! :coffee::wacko:

Sometimes he is just too good to be true, but I suppose there may have been a time when he was not so disappointing.

lol now now, there's no need to be bitter. lol that is really funny though, you made me laugh; I suppose it's better than crying. Just don't say it too loudly because otherwise we'll get a reminder from someone that he has to be proud of what he does. I just look at it this way, he has always made his living whoring himself out to everyone and this is just the latest sordid variation.

Happy New Year!

Now you think Robert is whoring himself?

:rolleyes:

He's just playing the game like he always has.

And just like each and every one of us do to make a living. I don't enjoy putting money in someone else's pocket doing things I could care less about. But that's what I have to do to earn my keep. It's not really any different, except I believe Robert really enjoys what he does.

And just like each and every one of us do to make a living. I don't enjoy putting money in someone else's pocket doing things I could care less about. But that's what I have to do to earn my keep. It's not really any different, except I believe Robert really enjoys what he does.

He does seem to love what he's doing. I don't know. I guess the word whoring oneself has connotations in my mind and I don't see what he's doing when he is so passionate about it as such. Just my two pence.

He does seem to love what he's doing. I don't know. I guess the word whoring oneself has connotations in my mind and I don't see what he's doing when he is so passionate about it as such. Just my two pence.

Quite understandable. I'd hate to be thought of as a "whore", that's for sure! :lol:

Most of the time he enjoys what he does, and when that doesn't work, he just quits Led Zeppelin and finds something new.

Robert must be very expensive to say the least since he is whoring himself out. Now how much does it charge? In the minutes, hour or day?

lol oh, gosh, I've lost track; it's hard to say when he got started. The details are lost.

Well, at least Ellie Mae Clampett can sing.

He has always been passionate. He can't help himself, it's his nature. But the turning point from Led Zeppelin to this latest foray into country music reminds me of when Scarlett O'Hara took action after the troops occupied the South, sewing an elegant dress from her green velvet drapes that she'd taken from the windows, and vowing that she would never go hungry again.

Edited by eternal light