Deep Purple - Wasted Sunsets

This has got to be my favorite all time non-Zep tune that reminds me of Zep and Page. The solos are so emotional and raw I just can't help turning up the volume louder every 30 seconds or so into it. I know Blackmore was kind of an ass back in the day, but he sure seemed to be channeling Page during this freaking song. I like the fact that it's not flashy...just unbelievably emotional.

Anyone else feel the same way about this song...or any other tune that strikes a Zep chord?

Peace. :D

This has Jimmy Page written all over it man. I totally agree!!

Dream On reminds me of Jimmy. Joe Perry is a huge Page fan, so that's probably not a coincidence.

Check out the "Songs that make you think of Jimmy" thread in trivia (I think...) for more Zep thought-inducing non Zep songs.

Welcome to the site!!

Actually that solo doesn't remind me of Pagey at all! :lol: It's pure Blackmore as far as I'm concerned. Blackmore's style and sensibility is just so extremely different. I do think When A Blind Man Cries was a bit of an attempt to answer Since I've Been Loving You. How you rate it is another story.

This has got to be my favorite all time non-Zep tune that reminds me of Zep and Page. The solos are so emotional and raw I just can't help turning up the volume louder every 30 seconds or so into it. I know Blackmore was kind of an ass back in the day, but he sure seemed to be channeling Page during this freaking song. I like the fact that it's not flashy...just unbelievably emotional.

Anyone else feel the same way about this song...or any other tune that strikes a Zep chord?

Peace. :D

Its is an emotional solo but as for Blackers being an ass ??? it isn't really Page though,its all Blackmore and he had a wonderful way of playing with great feel when not playing in a bombastic way.

Whitesnake.....Still Of The Night.....Coverdale secretly fanatzises about being Robert..lol...seriously some of the riffs sound a bit Pagey to me.

What's the new Whitesnake one? Lay down your love? What I've heard of it reminds me of Black Dog

The album Perfect Strangers is a masterpiece, and I must confess I rate it higher than any LZ album. Ritchie Blackmore is a wizard if I ever saw one.

:blink: You confess whaaaat? :huh: I love Perfect Strangers also but as far as that album being superior over any Zeppelin..... eeek.......

Archived