Best Opening Lines

ms_zeppelin94

Well Zep had plenty of great openers, but which ones do you love most?

Mine (off the top of my head-I'm tired):

"Been dazed & confused for so long it's not true..."

"Oh let the sun beat down upon my face and stars to fill my dreams..."

And of course,

"I can't quit you bbaaabbbee!!!!"

I'll post more as I remember....

This is one of my favorite lines because an old friend sang this to me while playing guitar. He had a beautiful voice and was very talented. "Hey lady, you've got the love i need"

A few of many i love: If the sun refused to shine, i would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.... It is the springtime of my loving, the second season i am to know... Then, as it was, then again it will be, though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea... Singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain... I hear ya knock on my door, I ain't been saving this scene for ya honey :)

It is the springtime of my loving, the second season i am to know... Then, as it was, then again it will be, though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea...

Those are 2 of my favorites as well.

Caught you smiling at me, that's the way it should be, like a leaf is to a tree, so fine

This is one of my favorite lines because an old friend sang this to me while playing guitar. He had a beautiful voice and was very talented. "Hey lady, you've got the love i need"

A few of many i love: If the sun refused to shine, i would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.... Then, as it was, then again it will be, though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea... Singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain... I hear ya knock on my door, I ain't been saving this scene for ya honey :)

Some of my faves too! "If the sun refused to shine, I would still be lovin you" always makes think of Mom - she loves the song.

"It was an April morning when they told us we should go, and as I turned to you, you smiled at me. How could we say no?"

I also love the opening line for Nightflight and Dazed and Confused. Here are couple..

"From the window of your rented limousine, I cought your pretty blue eyes.."

"Oh, she's my baby, let me tell you why..."

"Then as it was, then again it will be..."

Some have already been mentioned...

Measuring a summer's day. I only find it slips away into grey.

Then as it was - then again it will be. And though the course may change sometimes. Rivers always reach the sea.

Don't it feel so strange looking at the door? Trying hard to change, but can't let go.

Oh, that would be: "I received a message from my brother across the water..."

"He sat laughing as he wrote 'the end's in si-ight'. So I said goodbye to all my friends and packed my hopes inside a matchbox..."

I Love that song! :D

"In the days of my youth I was taught what it means to be a man..."

Well, I really liked how plant comes in on Heartbreaker.

"Hey Fellas, have you heard the news? You know what, Annie's back in town...................."

We're four already and now we're steady and then they went 1,2,3,4

Archived