Best Opening Lines

ms_zeppelin94

We're four already and now we're steady and then they went 1,2,3,4

Damn, forgot about that 1, Bonzo must've thought of that quick before recording the 4th time.

I also like Plants little cough/laugh noise, for some reason that song reminds me of a V8 at idle with plant's laugh/cough noise as the ignition, I love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like, "Leaves have fallen on the ground..." from Ramble On. I thinks it symbolizes nature and autumn.

I also like "Oh, baby, its cryin' time, Oh, baby, I got to fly. Got to try to find a way, Got to try to get away, cause you know I gotta get away from you, babe." from Four Sticks.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I really liked how plant comes in on Heartbreaker.

"Hey Fellas, have you heard the news? You know what, Annie's back in town...................."

That song is about me, my name is Annika :D

But my fave opening lines would be Thank You, I simply love it, and this on:

The queen of light, she took her bow, and then she turned to go

But there are so many else great openings...

HEY HEY BABY WHAT'S A MATTER HERE

SAID YA DUG ME SINCE YA WERE 13

TO CHASE A FEATHER IN THE WIND

PEOPLE WON"T YA LISTEN NOW>>SING ALONG OH YA DON"T KNOW WHAT YA MISSIN"NOW

THESE THINGS ARE CLEAR TO ALL FROM TIME TO TIME

Theres a lady whos sure

All that glitters is gold

...The very first few lines are strongly instrumental in setting the priceless imagery that follows.....

It is one of the beautiful songs ever written, anywhere, in this century....The imagery of the song transports you somewhere else, definitely, not in this world.....

Theres a lady whos sure

All that glitters is gold

...The very first few lines are strongly instrumental in setting the priceless imagery that follows.....

It is one of the beautiful songs ever written, anywhere, in this century....The imagery of the song transports you somewhere else, definitely, not in this world.....

I agree completely... :goodpost:

• 2 weeks later...

"Dancing days are here again, as the summers evening glow, got my flower, got my power, got a woman who knows."

"I received a message from my brother 'cross the waters, he sat laughing as he wrote "the end's in sight!" '

"Close the doors... put out the light... no, they won't be.. home tonight."

Archived