RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

I Just don't like all of it I find it boring, Just as I don't like all of his previous albums but think some are great, are you saying anyone that doesn't like every album Plant makes is selfish because that's a stupid argument, I may like the next album they do so anyone who likes that will be ok, but because they didn't like the first album they are still selfish, just the same as if someone likes Raising Sand but not the 2nd album have they gone from Ok to being selfish....I think not.

It's more than evident you didn't read a thing I wrote. I was referring to fans that are demanding of a "Zeppelin" tour who are being selfish, not your opinion of Raising Sand. What I took offense to was your reference to Raising Sand as a "bluegrass" record when it's anything but. Of course you have a right not to like the album, that was never my point.

He never gives up my man. Just leave it go. I speak from experience. He loves a fight.

Quite the contrary, I was just expressing my opinion. And I have to laugh at your "loves a fight" comment. You've been banned from this place so many times you can't even remember how many screen names you've had. That's what happens when you go around speaking in absolutes such as "Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever" or "IV is the best album ever made, bar none". I love Led Zeppelin or I wouldn't be here myself but they aren't my favorite band.

You should have waited so that you could have included the next post. I'm sure Robert's quaking in his snakeskin boots at the thought of a boycott. :rolleyes:

And that's part of the problem. Robert won't give a crap if millions of his fans and former bandmates are disappointed. As long as robert's happy. it's all about him and only him, it seems.

And btw I would be very surprised if the next RS album DOES sell as well as the first one, not having the novelty value etc. on its side. If it sells solidly, however, as I expect it to, that in itself proves the quality of the music.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on this one. And only time will tell.

Quite the contrary, I was just expressing my opinion. And I have to laugh at your "loves a fight" comment. You've been banned from this place so many times you can't even remember how many screen names you've had. That's what happens when you go around speaking in absolutes such as "Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever" or "IV is the best album ever made, bar none". I love Led Zeppelin or I wouldn't be here myself but they aren't my favorite band.

You have almost 3,000 posts, in little over a year, on a band's website that is NOT even your favorite? Interesting....... :blink:

Just got home from a nice dinner with the owner of Rounder records.

For those that don't know , that's the Plant / Krauss label.

So, the scoop is they are beginning recording sessions on January 12/13.

The first sessions feature most of the same musicians from Raising Sand.

T-Bone once again is the driving force and has apparently chosen most of the tracks.

The songs being considered were sent to Rob and Allison only weeks ago.

Rob and Allison will choose a song or two each for the production.

Nashville is the meeting ground for the first studio sessions.

Not sure which studio , but it was cool to hear how it all goes down.

Rounder records basically pays for all costs on whatever they produce.

My " friend " just sent the cheque last week for all expenses.

Following the new CD , a small tour is planned.

A 15 to 20 city tour is all they are expected to do.

Summer dates are being negotiated.

In addition , it is confirmed that Rob and Allison will perform at this year's Grammy's.

That's all I can say for now.

It's valid and real.

CheerZ

Spot on info by the way.

You have almost 3,000 posts, in little over a year, on a band's website that is NOT even your favorite? Interesting....... :blink:

What does my amount of posts have to do with Zeppelin being my favorite or not? Not to mention, I'm sure most of those posts haven't even been in the Zeppelin parts of the board. I could give a shit about post count but it's actually much higher than that since I've posted here well before this even became the "official" Led Zeppelin site. For the record, my favorite band is the Beatles yet I've never posted on a Beatles board or mailing list.

Small US tour ???

I wish I could be more precise in answering .

All I can say is that in conversation I asked about live shows and the answer was " a small tour with limited dates is expected , maybe 15 or so shows , nothing more".

Now I'm thinking about how long does it take to complete the new project and have it ready for public distribution. Obviously the tour would follow that, so , can summer dates be possible is the next question.

I'm sure that public knowledge will broaden now that the cast and crew are all in Nashville.

We await more news.

Yes, I suppose all we can do is wait for more news. Thanks Z4L.

What does my amount of posts have to do with Zeppelin being my favorite or not? Not to mention, I'm sure most of those posts haven't even been in the Zeppelin parts of the board. I could give a shit about post count but it's actually much higher than that since I've posted here well before this even became the "official" Led Zeppelin site. For the record, my favorite band is the Beatles yet I've never posted on a Beatles board or mailing list.

First of all, the fact that you have almost 3,000 posts on this site means that you post, on average, 7-8 times a day. If you are on a website posting that many times a day, one would conjecture you are a fan (short for fanatic) of the band. Not trying to get into a pissing match with you, just surprised by your revelation.

Here's a hope that Raising Sand 2 (or whatever title is used) is a bit more upbeat than its predecessor.

First of all, the fact that you have almost 3,000 posts on this site means that you post, on average, 7-8 times a day. If you are on a website posting that many times a day, one would conjecture you are a fan (short for fanatic) of the band. Not trying to get into a pissing match with you, just surprised by your revelation.

I'm surprised you're that concerned about a person's "fandom" and would devote so much thought to it. Not to mention, I never said I wasn't a fan of the band, I said Led Zeppelin isn't my favorite band. That said, I still spend most of my time in the Other Bands section of the board.

Here's a hope that Raising Sand 2 (or whatever title is used) is a bit more upbeat than its predecessor.

I hope Plant and Krauss do whatever the fuck they want to do on the next record. It doesn't matter to me whether it's "upbeat" or not.

I'm surprised you're that concerned about a person's "fandom" and would devote so much thought to it. Not to mention, I never said I wasn't a fan of the band, I said Led Zeppelin isn't my favorite band. That said, I still spend most of my time in the Other Bands section of the board.

I hope Plant and Krauss do whatever the fuck they want to do on the next record. It doesn't matter to me whether it's "upbeat" or not.

I guess the opinions that I have read about you are correct.......

Peace.

Just a thought .

I come here to read new information and what irks me is that people start these cyber-chats that get into verbal slander leading to an excessive amount of my time sifting through the banter just to see if any actual worthy news had been discussed.

You're offended, peeved, bitter about an opinion , well, get over it.

Or better yet , why don't we create an " I disagree " thread where all rude and meaningless dribble can be posted back and forth for as long as you care to.

Take it to that place and carry on. It can go like this ~~~ I don't like you and your opinion , meet me in the waste of our time thread.

If you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all.

There are intelligent ways to debate differences , beyond insult.

I know it won't change anything here, but there must be a contingent of people that agree.

Back to the real news now please..................

Alright ZFL, back to the news, LOL. I read in your original post that Alison and Robert are scheduled to perform at the Grammys although Billboard listed the first few names and no mention of them. Has this been confirmed or just speculation? Thanks

Just a thought .

I come here to read new information and what irks me is that people start these cyber-chats that get into verbal slander leading to an excessive amount of my time sifting through the banter just to see if any actual worthy news had been discussed.

You're offended, peeved, bitter about an opinion , well, get over it.

Or better yet , why don't we create an " I disagree " thread where all rude and meaningless dribble can be posted back and forth for as long as you care to.

Take it to that place and carry on. It can go like this ~~~ I don't like you and your opinion , meet me in the waste of our time thread.

If you can't say something nice , don't say anything at all.

There are intelligent ways to debate differences , beyond insult.

I know it won't change anything here, but there must be a contingent of people that agree.

Back to the real news now please..................

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Alright ZFL, back to the news, LOL. I read in your original post that Alison and Robert are scheduled to perform at the Grammys although Billboard listed the first few names and no mention of them. Has this been confirmed or just speculation? Thanks

Everything said in my report was directly quoted.

I don't know anything about Billboard's ads or affiliation.

I stand by what I was told. :D

Everything said in my report was directly quoted.

I don't know anything about Billboard's ads or affiliation.

I stand by what I was told. :D

I appreciate your information and post's Z4L ! I've noticed a trend in some of these threads. I personally like to post with some tongue and cheek humor. I know it's not always laughed at, but there's a recurring theme in some of these threads. There's a humorless poster that want's to challenge and create conflict. We can contribute and disagree, but sometimes it gets so condescending that it pisses people off. Equating the term "typical Yankee hothead" doesn't EVEN come close to "clueless fuck" and the like as far as sparring insults.

So that post of your's a few back was spot on.

I'm looking forward to more of your posts with pertinent information.

I agree that there should also be news posted but people also have a right to express their opinions, that's what these message boards are for. If I see someone refer to Raising Sand as a "pop country" or "bluegrass" album just because of Alison's affiliation with country and bluegrass music then obviously myself as well as others are going to speak up about it. Mainly because it shows in some cases they haven't even bothered to listen to the record before commenting. Same for those that dismiss the album as "hillbilly" music out of hand. That strikes me as "clueless" to say the least. As for me being "humorless", that only goes to show you haven't been around the board long enough to get to know me very well.

I agree that there should also be news posted but people also have a right to express their opinions, that's what these message boards are for. If I see someone refer to Raising Sand as a "pop country" or "bluegrass" album just because of Alison's affiliation with country and bluegrass music then obviously myself as well as others are going to speak up about it. Mainly because it shows in some cases they haven't even bothered to listen to the record before commenting. Same for those that dismiss the album as "hillbilly" music out of hand. That strikes me as "clueless" to say the least. As for me being "humorless", that only goes to show you haven't been around the board long enough to get to know me very well.

I think it's not so much expressing opinions which is the issue (we definitely want to be able to do that and have discussions) but sometimes that turns into outright nastiness and attacks towards those who disagree and that aspect I think isn't necessary.

I think it's not so much expressing opinions which is the issue (we definitely want to be able to do that and have discussions) but sometimes that turns into outright nastiness and attacks towards those who disagree and that aspect I think isn't necessary.

When dealing with certain members (especially those that feel Led Zeppelin is the best band to ever exist), I find it hard to keep that attitude in check. Yes, this is a Zeppelin board but not all of us are here share that opinion. One of my favorites? Yes, my very favorite? Not by a country mile. Some feel it's some sort of prerequisite that if you post at a certain board, the artist the board is devoted to has to be your favorite (some will even get into splitting hairs, such as tallying up your post count). Not true. I'm a music fan therefore I like a lot of artists and embrace many different musical styles. I belong to several different music related boards and mailing lists, the artists or styles of music they're devoted to can't all be my favorite. Some here seem to believe that I only like one band (the Drive-By Truckers) and one musical style (alt.country). When they try to engage me with those notions they're only showing their ignorance because it's more than obvious to me that they're not paying attention. Anyone that reads my posts and has actually taken the time to get to know me is very aware that I in fact love many different kinds of music and don't focus on just one artist. As I've said, my favorite band is the Beatles yet I've never belonged to a Beatles board or mailing list. Go figure.

If someone wants to knock Raising Sand that's fine but at least take the time to actually listen to the record before commenting on it. Don't just dismiss it out of hand simply because you have the misguided notion that Robert Plant is somehow holding up your Led Zeppelin reunion or my favorite, that Alison Krauss is "Yoko". Quite frankly, those people have shit for brains. If that offends anybody, so be it. That's not my intent, it just shows your ignorance when you comment on something you haven't even heard. Perhaps even worse are those that refer to Raising Sand as a "bluegrass" or "country" album simply because they only know Alison Krauss from her career as a bluegrass instrumentalist. Those that have actually heard the album know it isn't a bluegrass or country record. If anything, it sounds closer to Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball, an album that defies catergorization. If you're going to knock something, at least come to the conversation with an informed opinion. I don't see where that's too much to ask. That's without even getting into the multitude of threads here on exactly the same fucking topic.

Archived