Why did Zep do drugs?

McSeven

That's true as well, and I've seen it happen... Just awful. I am speaking in my own name here, though, so talking about it in any detail wouldn't be wise. B)

Time I left it alone too. BTW, as alway's, it's nice to see ya Otto :):wave:

The "Good" stuff was always readily availible here in the cresent city so it was easy to spot the junk! <_< There was plenty of that too! Like you said you had to know who you were dealing with.

Happy to say that is a non issue with me any longer. :D

I know that we all have different reasons for doing drugs and what not. Any speculation on why they did them?

Did Zep do drugs to help them with thier creativity, and if so if they never did them, would we have never heard the greatness of thier music. I have a co-worker said that they did drugs to help thier creativity.

I say that it was the culture of what they were sorunded by. They just went over board sometimes.

Mc7

As for alcohol, maybe they hung out with Bashful Brother Oswald.

The "Good" stuff was always readily availible here in the cresent city so it was easy to spot the junk! <_< There was plenty of that too! Like you said you had to know who you were dealing with.

Happy to say that is a non issue with me any longer. :D

Yep, me too ! I know so many who weren't as lucky. They're all gone now

I posted scans of the original some time ago, and you can find them RIGHT HERE

I also posted scans of several other original interviews from the 1970's at the time - but never did finish that project. B)

Thanks for that link, Otto. It was a very interesting article. Seems like Burroughs talked more about himself and his experiences and views than about Jimmy and Led Zeppelin in the interview. It was as if he was trying to educate Jimmy, is my impression. Jimmy seemed to agree with alot of his comments and then moved on without too much discussion on his part.

Thanks for that link, Otto. It was a very interesting article. Seems like Burroughs talked more about himself and his experiences and views than about Jimmy and Led Zeppelin in the interview. It was as if he was trying to educate Jimmy, is my impression. Jimmy seemed to agree with alot of his comments and then moved on without too much discussion on his part.

Yeah, I think Jimmy saw him as something of a countercultural guru. Here's a photo of the two of them.

JPandWilliamBurroughs.jpg

Archived