THE THREE DOG NIGHT THREAD

ZeppFanForever

You can't possibly understand just how good this band was until you've bought the albums and played ALL the songs!

The "hits" pale in comparison to most of the remaining songs on the albums. How about "Try A Little Tenderness" from "Captured Live At The Forum"? YOWZA!! B)

You tell them "Rock Action" my man! You really have to listen to all of THREE DOG NIGHT'S albums, especially the live ones, in order to appreciate them. Every THREE DOG NIGHT album has its songs that contribute as a valuable element resulting in molding the album together and making it what it is. ROCK ON!

I just sent a personal e-mail to Danny Hutton telling him about the overwhelming response of THREE DOG NIGHT here on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. Who knows, he just might read this thread and respond soon. I'll let all of you know when I hear from Danny. ROCK ON!

What's up "ZeppFanForever"? How do you know Danny Hutton? ROCK ON!

What's up "ZeppFanForever"? How do you know Danny Hutton? ROCK ON!

How's it going "JethroTull?" I met Danny Hutton in 1982 through two of my most dearest friends, Mr. Brian Wilson, founder of THE BEACH BOYS and his brother, the late great Dennis (Denny) Wilson. My friendship with Danny Hutton grew the more I hung around with Brian and his brother Denny. After Denny died in December 1983, I continued my friendship on and off with Brian and Danny Hutton. I still keep in touch with both of them to this very day. As legend has it, Brian Wilson discovered REDWOOD in the late 1960's, which would later change their name to THREE DOG NIGHT. However, Brian knew Danny Hutton long before REDWOOD even existed. If you see the DVD "Brian Wilson And The Story Of SMiLE," Danny Hutton was a big part of the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966/67. ROCK ON!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone's Christmas was a Happy and Jolly one. I would like to dedicate this thread to an old friend of mine named Danny Hutton of THREE DOG NIGHT. I hope this thread does you justice Danny.

THREE DOG NIGHT will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for accomplishing more as a band during the years between 1969 to 1974 than any band in Rock n' Roll history. (Not including ELVIS and THE BEATLES.) Between the years of 1969 to 1974, THREE DOG NIGHT would garnish 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 Hits, 3 number ones, 11 Top 10 Hits, 18 straight Top 20's, 7 million-selling singles and 12 straight RIAA Certified Gold Albums. No other group has ever moved more records, sold more concert tickets or achieved more Top 10 hits during the 1969 to 1974 period. As of 2008, THREE DOG NIGHT continues to top the lists of artists with the best Billboard Top 100 chart average, a record that still stands today. As for their unique music, their destintive style and blend of music will stand to time indefinite and will never be forgotten as long as music still exists.

The humble beginnings of THREE DOG NIGHT can be traced all the way back to Los Angeles in 1968 when the band was originally called REDWOOD. The original founding members of REDWOOD, and later THREE DOG NIGHT, is my old friend Danny Hutton (Lead Vocals), Cory Wells (Lead Vocals) and Chuck Negron (Lead Vocals). My other good personal friend Mr. Brian Wilson, founder of THE BEACH BOYS discovered REDWOOD and even wanted to sign the band to THE BEACH BOYS' own Brother Records label. However, THE BEACH BOYS' Lead Singer Mike Love was against the idea and vetoed the idea. Despite the fatal decision, a great friendship was formed between Danny Hutton and Brian Wilson, a friendship that has lasted to this very day. Despite that fatal decision, REDWOOD would change their name to THREE DOG NIGHT and move on to becoming one of the most successful bands to come out of the late 1960's and 1970's. Their list of 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 hit songs is legendary and is as follows:

Mama Told Me (#1)

Joy To The World (#1)

Black And White (#1)

Shambala (#3)

Easy To Be Hard (#4)

An Old Fashioned Love Song (#4)

The Show Must Go On (#4)

One (#5)

Never Been To Spain (#5)

Liar (#7)

Eli's Coming (#10)

The Family Of Man (#12)

Celebrate (#15)

Out In The Country (#15)

Sure As I'm Sittin' Here (#16)

Let Me Serenade You (#17)

One Man Band (#19)

Pieces Of April (#19)

Try A little Tenderness (#29)

Til The World Ends (#32)

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) (#33)

As for THREE DOG NIGHT today, in 2008, the band's hectic schedule continues to be busy by touring the country and the rest of the world. With the departure of founding member Chuck Negron, the band's new line-up consists of founding members Danny Hutton and Cory Wells on Lead Vocals, original THREE DOG NIGHT Keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon, Guitarist Michael Allsup, Bassist and Backing Vocals Paul Kingery and Drummer Pat Bautz. I do hope that someday Chuck Negron resolves his differences with Danny Hutton and Cory Wells and performs on stage once again even if it is for one last time. Now that would be great huh? ROCK ON!

How's it going all? If you get a chance, please read THE BEACH BOYS THREAD, THE UNRELEASED SMiLE ALBUM 1966-1967. I brought the thread back because Danny Hutton played a big part in the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966-67. If you get a chance, please see the Brian Wilson DVD Documentary entitled "SMiLE, Brian Wilson And The Story Of SMiLE. This is one hell of a true story. ROCK ON!

How's it going "JethroTull?" I met Danny Hutton in 1982 through two of my most dearest friends, Mr. Brian Wilson, founder of THE BEACH BOYS and his brother, the late great Dennis (Denny) Wilson. My friendship with Danny Hutton grew the more I hung around with Brian and his brother Denny. After Denny died in December 1983, I continued my friendship on and off with Brian and Danny Hutton. I still keep in touch with both of them to this very day. As legend has it, Brian Wilson discovered REDWOOD in the late 1960's, which would later change their name to THREE DOG NIGHT. However, Brian knew Danny Hutton long before REDWOOD even existed. If you see the DVD "Brian Wilson And The Story Of SMiLE," Danny Hutton was a big part of the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966/67. ROCK ON!

Yo, "ZeppFanForever". I have an odd feeling that YOU are Brian Wilson. ROCK ON DUDE!

I spent four (4) hours in my basement last night looking for the anthology. Found it and thought I'd list the lead singer of some songs.

Mama Told Me (#1) - Cory

Joy To The World (#1) - Chuck

Black And White (#1) - Danny

Shambala (#3) - Cory

Easy To Be Hard (#4) - Chuck

An Old Fashioned Love Song (#4) - Chuck

The Show Must Go On (#4) - Chuck

One (#5) - Chuck

Never Been To Spain (#5) - Cory

Liar (#7) - Danny

Eli's Coming (#10) - Cory

The Family Of Man (#12) - All three

Celebrate (#15) - All three

Out In The Country (#15) - All three

Sure As I'm Sittin' Here (#16) - Cory

Let Me Serenade You (#17) - Cory

One Man Band (#19) - Chuck and Danny

Pieces Of April (#19) - Chuck

Try A little Tenderness (#29) - Cory

Til The World Ends (#32) - Chuck

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) (#33) - Cory

Yo, "ZeppFanForever". I have an odd feeling that YOU are Brian Wilson. ROCK ON DUDE!

How's it going "JethroTull?" Now you're really making me blush! (Ha Ha!) I can truly say that I knew Brian before he finished SMiLE and I knew Brian after he finished SMiLE. They are two different people. Brian is back and he is here to stay. The only question that I can ask Brian now is the same question that the music critics asked him after the huge success of PET SOUNDS and the successful worldwide number one hit single GOOD VIBRATIONS in 1966: "What are you going to do next?" ROCK ON!

I spent four (4) hours in my basement last night looking for the anthology. Found it and thought I'd list the lead singer of some songs.

Mama Told Me (#1) - Cory

Joy To The World (#1) - Chuck

Black And White (#1) - Danny

Shambala (#3) - Cory

Easy To Be Hard (#4) - Chuck

An Old Fashioned Love Song (#4) - Chuck

The Show Must Go On (#4) - Chuck

One (#5) - Chuck

Never Been To Spain (#5) - Cory

Liar (#7) - Danny

Eli's Coming (#10) - Cory

The Family Of Man (#12) - All three

Celebrate (#15) - All three

Out In The Country (#15) - All three

Sure As I'm Sittin' Here (#16) - Cory

Let Me Serenade You (#17) - Cory

One Man Band (#19) - Chuck and Danny

Pieces Of April (#19) - Chuck

Try A little Tenderness (#29) - Cory

Til The World Ends (#32) - Chuck

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) (#33) - Cory

Right on "JethroTull!" I was also listening to THREE DOG NIGHT last night, their music sounds great. Their music sounds so romantic and is full of life. You can tell THREE DOG NIGHT'S music when you hear them. ROCK ON!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone's Christmas was a Happy and Jolly one. I would like to dedicate this thread to an old friend of mine named Danny Hutton of THREE DOG NIGHT. I hope this thread does you justice Danny.

THREE DOG NIGHT will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for accomplishing more as a band during the years between 1969 to 1974 than any band in Rock n' Roll history. (Not including ELVIS and THE BEATLES.) Between the years of 1969 to 1974, THREE DOG NIGHT would garnish 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 Hits, 3 number ones, 11 Top 10 Hits, 18 straight Top 20's, 7 million-selling singles and 12 straight RIAA Certified Gold Albums. No other group has ever moved more records, sold more concert tickets or achieved more Top 10 hits during the 1969 to 1974 period. As of 2008, THREE DOG NIGHT continues to top the lists of artists with the best Billboard Top 100 chart average, a record that still stands today. As for their unique music, their destintive style and blend of music will stand to time indefinite and will never be forgotten as long as music still exists.

The humble beginnings of THREE DOG NIGHT can be traced all the way back to Los Angeles in 1968 when the band was originally called REDWOOD. The original founding members of REDWOOD, and later THREE DOG NIGHT, is my old friend Danny Hutton (Lead Vocals), Cory Wells (Lead Vocals) and Chuck Negron (Lead Vocals). My other good personal friend Mr. Brian Wilson, founder of THE BEACH BOYS discovered REDWOOD and even wanted to sign the band to THE BEACH BOYS' own Brother Records label. However, THE BEACH BOYS' Lead Singer Mike Love was against the idea and vetoed the idea. Despite the fatal decision, a great friendship was formed between Danny Hutton and Brian Wilson, a friendship that has lasted to this very day. Despite that fatal decision, REDWOOD would change their name to THREE DOG NIGHT and move on to becoming one of the most successful bands to come out of the late 1960's and 1970's. Their list of 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 hit songs is legendary and is as follows:

Mama Told Me (#1)

Joy To The World (#1)

Black And White (#1)

Shambala (#3)

Easy To Be Hard (#4)

An Old Fashioned Love Song (#4)

The Show Must Go On (#4)

One (#5)

Never Been To Spain (#5)

Liar (#7)

Eli's Coming (#10)

The Family Of Man (#12)

Celebrate (#15)

Out In The Country (#15)

Sure As I'm Sittin' Here (#16)

Let Me Serenade You (#17)

One Man Band (#19)

Pieces Of April (#19)

Try A little Tenderness (#29)

Til The World Ends (#32)

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) (#33)

As for THREE DOG NIGHT today, in 2008, the band's hectic schedule continues to be busy by touring the country and the rest of the world. With the departure of founding member Chuck Negron, the band's new line-up consists of founding members Danny Hutton and Cory Wells on Lead Vocals, original THREE DOG NIGHT Keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon, Guitarist Michael Allsup, Bassist and Backing Vocals Paul Kingery and Drummer Pat Bautz. I do hope that someday Chuck Negron resolves his differences with Danny Hutton and Cory Wells and performs on stage once again even if it is for one last time. Now that would be great huh? ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and THREE DOG NIGHT fanatics? Guess what? I heard from Danny Hutton just a few minutes ago by phone after leaving him a couple of messages. He says to say hello to everyone on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum and that he will be reading the Forum soon. Danny is taking a little break but will be performing at the Eccles Center For The Performing Arts in Park City, Utah on 31 December 2008. His 2009 Touring schedule is busy as usual. If you like, please go to the THREE DOG NIGHT website and check out the Tour Dates and see if the band is heading for a city near you. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and THREE DOG NIGHT fanatics? Guess what? I heard from Danny Hutton just a few minutes ago by phone after leaving him a couple of messages. He says to say hello to everyone on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum and that he will be reading the Forum soon. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

That is very cool !

I spent several hours yesterday looking at TDN videos on youtube. Some were a bit odd, but this one of "Easy To Be Hard" (a song about Chuck's sex life, LOL!!!) is one of the best. Chuck on lead vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5SSilhN-8

How's it going "JethroTull?" I love the music to "Easy To Be Hard!" Its a slow smooth song that sounds so beautiful and romantic. ROCK ON!

Song "The Show Must Go On". TDN does a decent version, but check out Leo Sayer's original version. Leo gives the song a much more authentic approach of the sad lonely circus worker.

Hello again "JethroTull!" As much as I hate to admit it, The THREE DOG NIGHT version of "The Show Must Go On" does not even come close to the original LEO SAYER version of "The Show Must Go On." However, I really do like the THREE DOG NIGHT version. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and THREE DOG NIGHT fanatics? Guess what? I heard from Danny Hutton just a few minutes ago by phone after leaving him a couple of messages. He says to say hello to everyone on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum and that he will be reading the Forum soon. Danny is taking a little break but will be performing at the Eccles Center For The Performing Arts in Park City, Utah on 31 December 2008. His 2009 Touring schedule is busy as usual. If you like, please go to the THREE DOG NIGHT website and check out the Tour Dates and see if the band is heading for a city near you. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Curious...where did you meet Danny and what is your relationship? Is he the one with the huge drug problem and wrote a book about it? Or was it Wells/Negron/...

Mine as well...Can't believe somebody brought this band to the fore...

How's it going "Zepaholic?" I figured that THREE DOG NIGHT was a great enough band worth being brought out. Thanks to all of our fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic's responses, it seems to me that THREE DOG NIGHT did make a huge difference in the Rock n' Roll world. Thank you "Zepaholic" and to everyone for your overwhelming responses. I am deeply touched. For those of you that are not familiar with THREE DOG NIGHT'S music, please buy their greatest hits CD at least and listen to them for yourself and you be the judge. I guarantee you that you will be a THREE DOG NIGHT fan by the time you are through listening to their CD. ROCK ON!

Archived