I'm surprised no has mentioned

danelectro59

Is it still there?

The Auditorium Arena, that is.

I know Denver is still there :D

The auditorium is kinda there. Its been renovated and is now part of a huge performing arts complex. According to Wiki 'The historic shell of the old Auditorium Theatre was rebuilt and named the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, honoring "Denver's First Lady of Opera'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellie_Caulkins_Opera_House

I think it's pretty significant. Thanks for reminding me :) I've got friends who were at the Vancouver show 2 day's later and those guy's are the ones that turned me on to the band.

BTW, for those who can remember back that far, it was also the week that Apollo 8 sent back those first memorable pictures of our beautifull planet.

The auditorium is kinda there. Its been renovated and is now part of a huge performing arts complex. According to Wiki 'The historic shell of the old Auditorium Theatre was rebuilt and named the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, honoring "Denver's First Lady of Opera'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellie_Caulkins_Opera_House

thanx for the info.

Forget about the 2 Super Bowl wins, Denver really has something to brag about, eh?

thanx for the info.

Forget about the 2 Super Bowl wins, Denver really has something to brag about, eh?

Dont forget the 2 Stanley Cup wins...

Whenever Plant or Page has made it to town, they always make a comment about Denver being their first US gig.

that today, December 26 is the fortieth anniversary of Led Zeppelin's very first live gig in the USA in Denver.

I remembered!!! Wore my new Zep shirt I got for Christmas :D

Glad I'm not the only one that remembers stuff like that - my mom thinks I'm crazy...

Archived