what the longest time you've been single?

shesjustawoman

ive been single for 4 years now and i think im starting to go insane. i just want a girl that i can hold hands, kiss, hug and talk to regularly. i think im pretty good at talking to girls. i have 2 friends that are girls and they seem to enjoy talking to me and they hang out with me outside of college. but they dont want to be anything more than friends with me. maybe they can tell that im really shy and low on confidence, even when i do my best to act confident they must just see right through it. so anyway what is the longest time been single for?

age 7 to age 26 = 19 years

I got hit by a car at 7 and moved to another province after the accident

ya i was extremely shy as far getting a girlfriend goes

I wrote a lot of poetry

devoted at least 5 hours a day to drumming and karate from age 18 to 26 and 2 hours a day of working out from age 7 to 18

other than that PARTY ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVTzLiXdXFQ...re=channel_page

i know i should feel lucky that ive gotten to experience what its like be in a relationship. im 21 and i know people who are older than me who have nether had a girlfriend. but the desire just wont go away

Quite often you end up meeting someone when you least expect it. I know it's hard when you very much want to be in a relationship but maybe try to not focus on it as much. Wish you lots of luck!

Quite often you end up meeting someone when you least expect it. I know it's hard when you very much want to be in a relationship but maybe try to not focus on it as much. Wish you lots of luck!

That is indeed so very true, the less you seek the more surprised you will be!

i know i should feel lucky that ive gotten to experience what its like be in a relationship. im 21 and i know people who are older than me who have nether had a girlfriend. but the desire just wont go away

:huh: So, how long were you married?

My longest period of being single 29years 5months 24days and 12hrs

Then married 20years 6months 4days 22hrs and counting... half of which, have and continue to be my worst nightmare! :angry: Com'on 4th of July :yes2: , any more questions?

ive been single for 4 years now and i think im starting to go insane. i just want a girl that i can hold hands, kiss, hug and talk to regularly. i think im pretty good at talking to girls. i have 2 friends that are girls and they seem to enjoy talking to me and they hang out with me outside of college. but they dont want to be anything more than friends with me. maybe they can tell that im really shy and low on confidence, even when i do my best to act confident they must just see right through it. so anyway what is the longest time been single for?

Well most women are not into shy guys. If a guy is shy then he is going to have problems with women because most women want men to be Mr.Macho aggressor. Most women are not going to be making the first move. I think a problem that may have happened with you're female friends is that they put you in the friend zone.

I have been single since 2006. I had a short relationship that year. My friends joke that they don't think that i should qualify it as a relationship though. it might not be officially what one would call a relationship.

Yeah, why is the second half of your marriage so bad?

I believe I've givin' my rant! about this before :rolleyes:

But to make a long story short and in all fairness, we grew further apart each day until

we could no longer agree on anything! :( So it became unbearable to cohabitate any longer.

Well most women are not into shy guys. If a guy is shy then he is going to have problems with women because most women want men to be Mr.Macho aggressor. Most women are not going to be making the first move. I think a problem that may have happened with you're female friends is that they put you in the friend zone.

i'll try to not be shy. do i have to not be nice aswell? do i have to be a jerk? i know the whole nice guys finish last thing but its just not in my nature to be mean. and once your in that friend zone is it actually possible to get out of it?

and by the way i was single until i was 18 so i guess 18 years is the longest ive been single. but that doesnt count im talking about 18 years onwards in this topic, adulthood.

i'll try to not be shy. do i have to not be nice aswell? do i have to be a jerk? i know the whole nice guys finish last thing but its just not in my nature to be mean. and once your in that friend zone is it actually possible to get out of it?

and by the way i was single until i was 18 so i guess 18 years is the longest ive been single. but that doesnt count im talking about 18 years onwards in this topic, adulthood.

um? you also didn't answer the question~How long were you married?

Having a "Girlfriend" doesn't make you not! single. That would be when you walk down the isle and say "I Do!" and hand over half of your worldly posessions <_<

You should be proud of being a nice person. I don't buy the nice guys finish last theory because it advocates being a jerk and I can't be that way either.

Very often some of the best relationships start off with people being friends first.

You should be proud of being a nice person. I don't buy the nice guys finish last theory because it advocates being a jerk and I can't be that way either.

Very often some of the best relationships start off with people being friends first.

Absolutely true. And sometimes it's love at first sight. Either way, I've never seen anyone happy in a relationship when they can't be themselves.

I believe I've givin' my rant! about this before :rolleyes:

But to make a long story short and in all fairness, we grew further apart each day until

we could no longer agree on anything! :( So it became unbearable to cohabitate any longer.

Oh well I haven't read you saying anything about this before, but then I don't trawl through every thread on this forum, so I've probably missed it. You'll have to forgive me, my level of enthusiasm for every thread on this forum is not very high

Archived