Zep w/o Robert?

I think what I meant was that, even though they wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin officially, I would still think it odd for them to play Zeppelin songs.

For some reason, I find it more normal for Jimmy to play with the Black Crowes and do Zeppelin songs than for Jimmy/John Paul Jones/Jason Bonham to do Zeppelin songs without Robert.

Why is that?

Ok, this sort of jumps around but I hope it helps. Plant did all kinds of Zep songs solo, Including "Ramble On" which Led Zeppelin never played (I believe), although I did see it during the Page/Plant tour. JPJ was missed on that tour I can tell you that. Page also did Zep songs solo. One or the other playing songs seems ok. It's like The Who without Moon. That was ok, but now that "The Ox" has passed it just wouldn't be right.

I do have to say that the vocalist (Plant) missing sort of has an impact as to whether I would see them or not. I saw Roger Waters on the DSOTM tour. It took 3 guys to replace Gilmour but they did pull it off. I saw VH recently with Roth, and it was like being transported back in time. Wolfgang did well, but Michael Anthony was missed. I never got tto see Led Zeppelin live. The band as is although not Led Zeppelin is closer than the Page/Plant band I saw. I thought it was as close as we would ever see. This line up is as close as you can possibly get. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I wish I could be there for it. The three remaining members of the band are reuniting. I think they are calling themselves "The Knobs". :D

I definitely think that Jimmy Page should continue Led Zeppelin even if Robert Plant doesn't want to be oh so bothered! Adios loser! The rest of the world would KILL for your spot! LEAVE ungrateful one! There are many great singers and performers for Page and whomever to work with! I am not closed minded at all! You would think it were haters of Zeppelin who come up with creative ideologies for them to not continue! Go Led Zeppelin!

That's pretty ridiculous. Why can't he form a band with a different name?!?

• 1 month later...
I definitely think that Jimmy Page should continue Led Zeppelin even if Robert Plant doesn't want to be oh so bothered! Adios loser! The rest of the world would KILL for your spot!

You are so correct! If Page had never invited Plant along in the first place we may never have heard of him. Yes, he was around.........and may have done ok, but Page put him on the map and made him the super star that he is. Talk about silly looking, just watch Percy now serenading around with a lady young enough to be his daughter. Be prepared AlexKx.......the Led Zeppelin sheriff is probably now going to send you rank E mails full of F bombs and call you a troll because you gave your opinion about Plant.

You are so correct! If Page had never invited Plant along in the first place we may never have heard of him. Yes, he was around.........and may have done ok, but Page put him on the map and made him the super star that he is. Talk about silly looking, just watch Percy now serenading around with a lady young enough to be his daughter. Be prepared AlexKx.......the Led Zeppelin sheriff is probably now going to send you rank E mails full of F bombs and call you a troll because you gave your opinion about Plant.

You seem to have become a one trick pony in your posts steve. I've read tgis one so many times now.

What is it about Plant singing witha younger woman? There aren't many older than him to sing with after all.

You seem to have become a one trick pony in your posts steve. I've read tgis one so many times now.

What is it about Plant singing witha younger woman? There aren't many older than him to sing with after all.

Its not that he is singing with a younger lady, its the way he "acts" around her in the videos. This is not just a younger lady, but a lady almost half his age. IMHO he looks silly "acting" like this, a old man with a beard serenading a lady half his age.

Its not that he is singing with a younger lady, its the way he "acts" around her in the videos. This is not just a younger lady, but a lady almost half his age. IMHO he looks silly "acting" like this, a old man with a beard serenading a lady half his age.

He's not "serenading" her in the video. They're singing the song and having fun with it. Isn't that what music is about? Should they act like they're attending a funeral? Who cares if she's 36 or 86? She's hardly some fly by night ditsy but a well respected, talented singer/fiddle player. :rolleyes:

Steve51....you really don't have better things to write on the board, right? the same things, the same "opinions" on Robert, the same shit about he being "discovered" by Jimmy, the same attacks to Alison....

your posts remain the same

And they suck.

Like you say, I have given my opinion. But with no cursing and without blinders on. I have said nothing negative about Alison, she proved herself long ago. To answer the original question asked at this thread.......Yes I would go see LZ without Plant. The reason that I enjoyed the Black Crows with Page is because Chris seemed to respect the LZ body of work so much. Like everyone else, I would rather see Plant singing but Page, JPJ, and Bonham Jr. would be fine without him. If they could find someone like Chris, they might even be better.

It's becoming clear that Robert wants a true "One Night Stand" with Zep and then he will move on...to whatever project he chooses.

IF Jimmy decides to continue Zep, minus Robert, and move on with another singer - who would see the New Zep?

I, for one, would. No Doubt about it.

I would see them play but not if they called themselves Led Zeppelin, that would be a total slap in the face to Robert and I doubt the other guyz would do that to him anyway.

RjK

I would see them play but not if they called themselves Led Zeppelin, that would be a total slap in the face to Robert and I doubt the other guyz would do that to him anyway.

RjK

Given their history together and apart, why would anyone assume they would ever call themselves LZ without Plant? They didn't without JPJ. Why start now? Of course I would go see them without Plant, why wouldn't I? They dont owe me shit for an explanation, whatever they want to call themselves.

Given their history together and apart, why would anyone assume they would ever call themselves LZ without Plant? They didn't without JPJ. Why start now? Of course I would go see them without Plant, why wouldn't I? They dont owe me shit for an explanation, whatever they want to call themselves.

There's no way they would call it Led Zeppelin without Plant. If Robert isnt interested in doing anything else, I do hope Jonesy and Jimmy continue working something up together - if Robert agrees to anything, I'd imagine it would be something like one night at MSG and one somewhere in Europe - a full scale tour would seem very unlikely to me

why not get plant's son logan(?) - then the dna will be somewhat complete...with jason bonham. it'd be more meaningful...that is, if his son wants to do it. they should just get the great white singer to do it. he sounds like plant but is a bit crass otherwise

Besides Americans would never pronounce Lead LEED. They are smarter than that for goodness sake, lol.

I say LEED all the time... next time I want to say "He's in the lead." I'll remember that I'm smarter than that. "He's in the LED."

Page/Jones/Bonham...interesting idea...

a few singers come to mind. Chris Cornell, Chris Robinson, Jack White, hell even Dave Grohl. Put together a cd's worth of new material and go out on the road...Robert's gonna do what Robert's gonna do, and he's earned the right.

Jimmy Page knows better than tarnish the legacy of the greatest rock band of all time by calling whatever project he may embark on "Led Zeppelin".

The answer to both is no.

Plant claims he DID play some guitar on some Zeppelin stuff. I dug the quote out for this last year on the old site - if anyone can remember it please chime in. Otherwise I'll try to find it again - in my memory and in the paperwork.............

Archived