acdc

ACDC

16 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Share with us what you remember? I love hearing stories about Bon

It was a long time ago. What I do recall was it was a week long procession of gigs. I think culminating in a UFO show

First night at AC/DC was down the front. Bang in front of Angus - if you could hold him down. Remember Bad Bay Boogie with Angus on Bon's shoulders and he appeared at the back of the hall and me thinking if they do that tomorrow I'll be right there. Sure enough they wandered pass me on the 2nd night. 

Both shows were fantastic. Loud as fuck. You tube has both shows in audio ( good recordings to be fair) and to be honest I didn't realise at the time they came on with Riff Raff on the 2nd night with Live Wire opening the first.

One enduring memory from the 2nd night was the parents of young fans waiting for the show to finish. In those days they were allowed in to stand at the back. The look on their faces as the band thrashed "Let there be rock" to a sea of hair and denim was priceless !

School was tough the mornings after though.

The gigs are right up there from my teenage years. What a year that must have been for me. 18 years old and the summer just gone being at Knebworth for the first Zeppelin show ( I was 17 at that time)

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

It was a long time ago. What I do recall was it was a week long procession of gigs. I think culminating in a UFO show

First night at AC/DC was down the front. Bang in front of Angus - if you could hold him down. Remember Bad Bay Boogie with Angus on Bon's shoulders and he appeared at the back of the hall and me thinking if they do that tomorrow I'll be right there. Sure enough they wandered pass me on the 2nd night. 

Both shows were fantastic. Loud as fuck. You tube has both shows in audio ( good recordings to be fair) and to be honest I didn't realise at the time they came on with Riff Raff on the 2nd night with Live Wire opening the first.

One enduring memory from the 2nd night was the parents of young fans waiting for the show to finish. In those days they were allowed in to stand at the back. The look on their faces as the band thrashed "Let there be rock" to a sea of hair and denim was priceless !

School was tough the mornings after though.

The gigs are right up there from my teenage years. What a year that must have been for me. 18 years old and the summer just gone being at Knebworth for the first Zeppelin show ( I was 17 at that time)

Chill is THE MAN!!! I love his stories, he is the best

Sitting in airports and on airplanes this past year, I came across this which was one of those "Fuck Me Moments":

Question: “Who wrote the lyrics on that song, and the others on ‘Back in Black’? Bon or Brian or both?

Angus Young: “Bon wrote a little of the stuff” page 25 Aug 17 1991 Kerrang Magazine

Link here: http://acdc-archives.fr/country/u/united kingdom/K0891/K0891.PDF

It's interesting to me when Brian is one of, if not THE the most powerful voice in rock & roll as far as the last 40 years go, and yet his musical thoughts and ideas have been silent; I don't understand why not a single lyric written by Brian Johnson has appeared on any AC/DC studio album since Jan 1988. His last lyrics for AC/DC were written in the summer of 1987...decades ago...The last 5 studio albums have not had a single lyric penned by Brian Johnson...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was out with friends and there may have been adult beverages involved. We had an impromptu AC/DC singalong (Cause I'm TNT, I'm DYN-O-MITE!). The next day, I was in the car with Mr. EaglesOfOneNest, using the GPS on my phone. I said, "That little singalong was fun last night". The GPS interrupted the direction-giving to say, "I'm sorry, I can't help you with an AC/DC singalong". I swear that the words "AC and DC" were not uttered while we were in the car! Creepy! 

AC/DC is always great, but I guess it depends on what you listen, to. I love the Brian era slightly more than Bon, but decided to stop after Black Ice. "Rock or Bust" could be a good album, but the band seems to be grasping for straws without Phil, Malcolm and Cliff. 

If Angus wants to keep touring, more power to him, but who the fuck is Axl Rose?

:P

Edited by paul carruthers

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 11:48 AM, paul carruthers said:

AC/DC is always great, but I guess it depends on what you listen, to. I love the Brian era slightly more than Bon, but decided to stop after Black Ice. "Rock or Bust" could be a good album, but the band seems to be grasping for straws without Phil, Malcolm and Cliff. 

If Angus wants to keep touring, more power to him, but who the fuck is Axl Rose?

:P

The world's most expensive cover band!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...