THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going 'Jahfin?" THE EAGLES also had their moments when they reunited for the "Hell Freezes Over Tour" in 1994. I know because I attended one of their shows at the Shoreline Amphitheater in California. Between them and THE STONES, the ticket prices just skyrocketed. I've been known to spend well over $500.00 for a single ROLLING STONES ticket. I spent well over $1000.00 for two ROLLING STONES' tickets but it was worth it to me. ROCK ON!

Quite honestly of the hundreds of concerts I've gone to, the most I ever paid was for Page/Plant and that was $42.00.

I've seen many of the big ticket bands, but WAY before they started charging exorbonent prices. This past year I paid $10-$25 for my tickets to a few of the best bands in my world.

Quite honestly of the hundreds of concerts I've gone to, the most I ever paid was for Page/Plant and that was $42.00.

I've seen many of the big ticket bands, but WAY before they started charging exorbonent prices. This past year I paid $10-$25 for my tickets to a few of the best bands in my world.

How's it going "gadgetguru?" Good to hear from you. We were all so lucky to see all of the big bands back in the day before the ticket prices started blooming enormously. $42.00 is a pretty descent price for a Page/Plant show. ROCK ON!

How's it going "gadgetguru?" Good to hear from you. We were all so lucky to see all of the big bands back in the day before the ticket prices started blooming enormously. $42.00 is a pretty descent price for a Page/Plant show. ROCK ON!

Well that was 1998, and of all the shows I've seen since then (and before), I haven't paid more than that.

I think the most I've paid is $90 (including service charges) to see The Police on their reunion tour last year. I'm glad I got to see them since I never got to see them back in the day but I'm not so sure I'd do it again, especially considering our seats were in the nosebleed section which reduced everyone on stage to a mere dot. By contrast I paid over $80 a ticket to see R.E.M. on their most recent tour but those were front row seats through their fanclub. Those tickets were worth every fucking penny.

I think the most I've paid is $90 (including service charges) to see The Police on their reunion tour last year. I'm glad I got to see them since I never got to see them back in the day but I'm not so sure I'd do it again, especially considering our seats were in the nosebleed section which reduced everyone on stage to a mere dot. By contrast I paid over $80 a ticket to see R.E.M. on their most recent tour but those were front row seats through their fanclub. Those tickets were worth every fucking penny.

How's it going "Jahfin?" Thats the way to think, LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL! ROCK ON!

Well that was 1998, and of all the shows I've seen since then (and before), I haven't paid more than that.

How's it going "gadgetguru?" You have really lucked out, I think that I need to spend more time with you here on the Forum and get some of your luck. How bout it? ROCK ON!

How's it going "gadgetguru?" You have really lucked out, I think that I need to spend more time with you here on the Forum and get some of your luck. How bout it? ROCK ON!

Ok Buddy !

As one of Jeff Beck's songs,

Head for Backstage Pass !!

uhhh...I didn't quite mean it that way, but you get it I'm sure. B)

COOL "gadgetguru!" Give me some of your luck so I can buy concert tickets really cheap! ROCK ON!

Sometimes the "Looking for a miracle" produces a cheap/free ticket for me, but really for the most part it's just that the shows I'm interested in aren't the big priced one's nowadays. I'm not in for most of these reunion gigs, my attractions are more intimate and often the special favors are my inroad. See, I stop and am friendly with many rockstars and it's worked to my benefit as friends. You may notice how I feel about approaching them in the "Rock Star stalking" thread. I've never been shunned away.

I've worked in record stores, music distribution centers, been on the road with various bands, and done remote live recording to be offered tickets on occasion. I also have some radio friends that always get tickets for giveaway and that has come my way a few times too.

So, spread the cheer around and smiles will come back to you. :D

Sometimes the "Looking for a miracle" produces a cheap/free ticket for me, but really for the most part it's just that the shows I'm interested in aren't the big priced one's nowadays. I'm not in for most of these reunion gigs, my attractions are more intimate and often the special favors are my inroad. See, I stop and am friendly with many rockstars and it's worked to my benefit as friends. You may notice how I feel about approaching them in the "Rock Star stalking" thread. I've never been shunned away.

I've worked in record stores, music distribution centers, been on the road with various bands, and done remote live recording to be offered tickets on occasion. I also have some radio friends that always get tickets for giveaway and that has come my way a few times too.

So, spread the cheer around and smiles will come back to you. :D

How's it going "gadgetguru?" I worked at Tower Records in L.A. and Sacramento, California for quite some time during my youth and it did help me in getting tickets real cheap so I can relate to you on that one. I was also a D.J. at many Night Clubs around the L.A. and Sacramento area in the 1980's which also had its advantages in getting free tickets. Damn, I miss those days. ROCK ON!

How's it going "gadgetguru?" I worked at Tower Records in L.A. and Sacramento, California for quite some time during my youth and it did help me in getting tickets real cheap so I can relate to you on that one. I was also a D.J. at many Night Clubs around the L.A. and Sacramento area in the 1980's which also had its advantages in getting free tickets. Damn, I miss those days. ROCK ON!

I miss 'em too buddy, I miss 'em too.

To keep in context,

I miss 'em two.

How's it going all? Have we forgotten about THE EDGAR WINTER GROUP? Has anyone other than ones that commented on this thread heard "Frankenstein" or "Free Ride?" If you haven't heard these two songs, please check them out. You will be blown away by both of these songs. ROCK ON!
DON'T FORGET "Autumn"...One of the most beautiful songs in rock n roll

Definitely one of my favorite renditions of Highway 61 Revisited. A few years back when Charlie Sexton was playing with Dylan he ripped it a new one as well. I'm sure Johnny would've been proud.

Charlie can rip anything a new one. Really too bad about the Arc Angels as well. They had incredible promise...

As for the vid, i am alway's in awe of JW's effortless "feel" for the blues. His body of work is underappreciated in the genre, imo. He is brilliant.

Charlie can rip anything a new one. Really too bad about the Arc Angels as well. They had incredible promise...

It doesn't look like the Arc Angels are over. I just saw a partial list of bands scheduled to perform at SXSW in Austin this year and their name was on there. You can read the list here.

As for the vid, i am alway's in awe of JW's effortless "feel" for the blues. His body of work is underappreciated in the genre, imo. He is brilliant.

He was definitely appreciated back in the day but I agree, he's not someone featured prominently on "classic rock" radio so he's kind of been lost to time. Thank goodness XM's Deep Tracks channel plays lots of his stuff (both old and new).

It doesn't look like the Arc Angels are over. I just saw a partial list of bands scheduled to perform at SXSW in Austin this year and their name was on there. You can read the list here.

WOW! Original members? Bramhall and Charlie?

He was definitely appreciated back in the day but I agree, he's not someone featured prominently on "classic rock" radio so he's kind of been lost to time. Thank goodness XM's Deep Tracks channel plays lots of his stuff (both old and new).

Thanks for the info...methinks i'll be subscribing to XM a.s.a.p.

WOW! Original members? Bramhall and Charlie?

Judging from their MySpace site, I'd say yes.

Thanks for the info...methinks i'll be subscribing to XM a.s.a.p.

There have been some very drastic changes since the merger with Sirius, even with the Deep Tracks channel but it's still one of the main ones I listen to. You can always do the free trial thing online first to be sure it's something you'd be happy with. Other than college radio and a few stations I tune into online, it's my primary listening choice.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Edgar Winter is playing a little dinner club in April by my house. I wish I could talk the hubby into going. I would love to hear Frankenstein played live.

Check out Jonny Winter Live at The Albert Hall 1970. I posted a link in "What are you listening to" last week. Fantastic

Archived