The Breakup

guitarmy

You would be surprised. Some relationships are off and on over a much longer period. But people need room to grow sometimes. You can never really tell what the future will bring. Much of it is a discovery process. But regardless of that he should be seeing other girls as well at this time, even if only on a casual basis.

I personally wouldn't ever suggest to someone to see other girls/guys, until he/she knows the relationship is dead and buried. There is always a chance a couple could get back together after their break, and it could affect their relationship if one of them had been with other people in the interim - even if only 'casually'.

If she decides to return to the relationship - granted, she was only ever platonic with this other chap - she would feel like shit if she knew he'd been with other women whilst he waited for her.

If you only get what you need as opposed to what you want then you could have a very boring life.

What you want may only fulfill you temporarily. What you need will last longer.

Im sure many here, myself included, have been burned in love before. Its a learning experiece. When I look back I say, "how could I ever have let myself get that down?" But there are no magic words that will cure you instantly. It is good to talk about it like you are here. Just realize some people are going to say things that dont make much sense. Some will give you good advice. You will have to have the knowledge to know the differance.

That's true - love and relationships are a learning experience and as much as we do tend to look back and question our reactions or feelings at the time, you feel what you feel given whatever situation you're dealing with and it's part of the healing I think. But as you said, ultimately one has to decide what's best for them.

I did. FINALLY. :lol:

But hey. Honestly, I think it would be wise to step back a while and re-evaluate things. Take a few weeks. I know that's easier said than done, I know firsthand. But it might help to clear your head. Things happen for a reason, even though we may not understand why for a while. :)

I wish you the best of luck, my friend.

One last piece of advice: DON'T LISTEN TO SPATS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!!!

:notworthy: on all counts!

They say if you love something, set it free! if it returns it's yours forever and if it doesn't it wasn't meant to be! :mellow:

I personally wouldn't ever suggest to someone to see other girls/guys, until he/she knows the relationship is dead and buried. There is always a chance a couple could get back together after their break, and it could affect their relationship if one of them had been with other people in the interim - even if only 'casually'.

If she decides to return to the relationship - granted, she was only ever platonic with this other chap - she would feel like shit if she knew he'd been with other women whilst he waited for her.

You could be right about that, and you would not want to see someone else on a serious basis so early in the breakup. But it may help to ease the pain to have a casual social life and have someone to talk to just to ease the burden.

Besides, other girls might have some good advice for him.

If I had a relationship dilemna and was new and started reading here, I wouldnt know whether to laugh or slit my wrists? But for the sake of this guy who is really hurting, and I have been there, lets try and give him some good advice and some strength. After all, you never know if it could be one of us next.

Wise advice there. B)

Proud to say I have not read one page of it and will continue not reading for the next 90 pages :lol:

When I'm down in the dumps, I go to the spats thread. Funny enough I feel so much better about myself afterward. :rolleyes:

ok I said goodbye forever.

I guess I'll be getting to that forever part now :/

Hang in there, man. I know it's hard, but in the long run things will be better. Just give it time, and concentrate on the good things in life. Again, things do happen for a reason. There's someone out there better for you. :)

Archived