What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

Jahfin

I got four books recently, 3/4 for summer reading assignments. I got Generation Kill (Iraq War from the perspective of a Rolling Stone journalist who followed a squad during Iraqi Freedom), but haven't read it yet. I also got Flowers For Algernon, The Taming of the Shrew, and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.

I read Flowers for Algernon last year, actually. But I was so impressed that I just wanted to read it again for my own leasure. I am at Act 5 in The Taming of the Shrew. I usually hate Shakespeare, but reading it wasn't so bad once I equated all of the characters with people from The Office. It made it much easier and more entertaining.

...Caged Bird was okay. I was able to appreciate what Maya went through and the barriers she broke, and it was very engrossing. But I could hardly identify at all with her or anyone in the novel, actually.

"The China Study".

Not necessarily an eye-opener to me, but finally a book that brings substantial scientific evidence to the table in order to support the idea that there is a strong link between the most common diseases we suffer from, and the stuff we put into our bodies, typically referred to as "food".

He wrote an autobiography? When?

And the last book I got was Riendelwind The Wizard or something like that.. It's by Terry Prachett. If you like Douglas Adams you should definatly read Terry Pratchett.

I think he meant biography. There's one called No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography of Jim Morrison. Could be that one.

I'm about to embark on Laurel Canyon: The Inside Story of Rock-And-Roll's Legendary Neighborhood by Michael Walker.

Edited by longdistancewinner

39103979.JPG

Wierd.......This is right in front of me now (The UK edition)...My wife has left it by the PC.....I opened it up and coincedently Page 7.... (First Date One) Saturday, October 26 .....Was Her 29th birthday. ....Strange!!!!

• 1 year later...

Found these during the Borders going out of business sale where everything is now 50% off. I picked up the Bob Dylan Scrapbook several years ago in their bargain books section which is very similar to both of these. Nothing particularly hard hitting but they should make for some pleasurable reading.

51bn7LfRFzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51U64u11TYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Found these during the Borders going out of business sale where everything is now 50% off. I picked up the Bob Dylan Scrapbook several years ago in their bargain books section which is very similar to both of these. Nothing particularly hard hitting but they should make for some pleasurable reading.

51bn7LfRFzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51U64u11TYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

aWESOME:):)!!!!!

aWESOME:):)!!!!!

Except for the fact that I didn't notice that someone stole the interview CD from the Grateful Dead book until I got it home and I can't take return or exchange it. Since they're going out of business there are no exchanges allowed.

Except for the fact that I didn't notice that someone stole the interview CD from the Grateful Dead book until I got it home and I can't take return or exchange it. Since they're going out of business there are no exchanges allowed.

Do you think it's possible for you to exchange the Grateful Dead book as a defective book (due to the missing a CD)?

Going out of business or not, it's not the customer's fault that their security system failed to catch a theft, or their inventory people didn't note the book was missing a piece to begin with (whichever the case may be). Just a thought. I hate to see you miss out on what you paid for.

I did get the Led Zep Charles Cross book recently and it's got some nice photography (nothing really new, but some very clear shots)..........:) missy