What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

Jahfin

I'm not sure off the top of my head when the lady married Fred Smith,but all the shots are confined to the 1969 -'76 period.There are certainly none of them together in the book.It's virtually all Patti at home alongside some photo's of her with Robert Mapplethorpe, Sam Shepard and one each with Tom Verlaine and Richard Sohl.As I've said,some terrific images among them.I saw her and the band just the once,during '78 in Cardiff,and she was fantastic,one of the best gigs I ever went to.

I remember her gig in Rome with the American flag turned upside down and the music blasting our ears amidst a HUGE cloud of pot smoke :):):)

Edited by spidersandsnakes

I found 'Bloody Sam' at Goodwill a while back and now can't put it down. It's the life and times of Sam Peckinpah.

He was quite an asshole to work for. B)

hogue.jpg

Ballad Of Cable Hogue

Stella Stevens can give me a bath any day.

:)

• 3 months later...

BUMP

This is not a purchase actually, but this happens to be a gift from a very special friend! :D

0013ded3_medium.jpeg

If you like Economic Thought and Politics, then this book will be a very intersting read! B)

I like the pic of Cromwell, another boyhood hero of mine, beatbo put me on to this book.

51X1B48A5WL._SS500_.jpg

I know i'm gonna enjoy it. :D

Very Kind Regards, Danny

I haven't been buying books much because I've got a HUGE pile of "To-Read" books.

I have a penchant for historical fiction. I bought this one a few months ago and finished it this afternoon:

TeaRosejacket.jpg

Since I finished the one above today, I felt the urge to go out and get the sequel. I bought this one today and I'm on p. 15(?)

winter-rose-jennifer-donnelly-paperback-cover-art.jpg

So far, so good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got it for a cheap price at Borders!:D

61646468_b.jpg

Bought that today at Borders! I walked in and there was an pretty bad cover of Stairway playing...and that book was sitting on a table where it wasn't supposed to be. So I figured it was fate :)

Also bought

51mLPYxW41L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

and

51%2BzjPehVuL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Another Borders going out of business find.

51P7DJcs2GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That has to be one of my favorite photos of the band.

I am really enjoying Borders going out of sale. Right now, the sale is at 60-80 %.

Over the weekend, I bought "The Lost Beatles Photographs" by Larry Marion. Photos from their tours, including a few from Houston in 65.

I never realized how little they toured. In the U.S., in 64, they toured from August 19- September 20. In 65, they toured from August 15-31. In 66, they toured from August 12-30. Not much considering how extensive Zeppelin toured.

I am really enjoying Borders going out of sale. Right now, the sale is at 60-80 %.

Even though they're considered by many to be a "big box" store, I actually hate to see them go. I don't use Kindle or any of the other e-readers on the market so at I least I know I haven't helped contribute to their demise. I'm not sure if it's the case at your local Borders but at mine, the Josh Groban and Sting CDs sure are going begging. There's tons of them still left.

Even though they're considered by many to be a "big box" store, I actually hate to see them go. I don't use Kindle or any of the other e-readers on the market so at I least I know I haven't helped contribute to their demise. I'm not sure if it's the case at your local Borders but at mine, the Josh Groban and Sting CDs sure are going begging. There's tons of them still left.

It was the huge business mistakes that Borders is going out of sale. They were a day late and a dollar short getting their version of Kindle on the market and then they partnered with Amazon to sell books but why buy from Borders online when you can just buy from Amazon. I much prefer Barnes and Noble and Half Price Books. My husband has the Nook, from Barnes and Noble, and loves it. B&N makes money from it since what you purchase, you purchase from B&N and not iTunes.

We have a ton of W's books and Palin's books that are going untouched...even at 60% off. The cds and dvds are pretty much picked over at this point. I did find "American Psycho" and "Get Him to the Greek".

I like Barnes and Noble too but one of the closed Borders locations here was the only place that stocked IDN (a graphic design magazine) that I nearly always purchased. From what I understand, B & N also isn't too far from the chopping block which will leave only the local Mom & Pop bookstores as options. Which, is maybe how it should be.

• 4 weeks later...

Got 2 new books for my BD today. I love reading Janet Evanovich's Plum series.

Smoking Seventeen and Plum Spooky.

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? :book: I think I will read the Spooky one since Halloween is coming up. Fits the season.

• 1 month later...