Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What Is Your Latest Book Purchase?

On 12/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I recently watched a documentary called "Monty Python: Almost the Truth" on Netflix. It is brilliant! I highly recommend it, if you have not seen it yet. :) 

Thanks for the recommendation, Kiwi. Sounds great. But we don't have Netflix.
I ordered the Monty Python by Monty Python book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:30 AM, LedZed66 said:

Thanks for the recommendation, Kiwi. Sounds great. But we don't have Netflix.
I ordered the Monty Python by Monty Python book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

You're very welcome! Always happy to recommend things for a fellow Python fan! :D 

Oh and do check your forum PMs whenever you can.

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 12/9/2019 at 6:03 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

You're very welcome! Always happy to recommend things for a fellow Python fan! :D 

Oh and do check your forum PMs whenever you can.

Thank you so much, Kiwi. Fantastic, interesting stuff.

Two books to add

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, kipper said:

Two books to add

spacer.png

spacer.png

In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks! 😄

My latest book.

Book Review: Hillbilly Elegy — KATE ROSE COMMUNICATIONS LLC

On 9/14/2020 at 1:53 AM, kipper said:

Two books to add

spacer.png

Garbage. Another nutter. The Kennedys did it.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Garbage. Another nutter. The Kennedys did it.

I know, I know. But I watched the author when he was on the Joe Rogan podcast and I got hooked in. Rogan is sort of like an Alex Jones type, of sorts, and sort of sold me on the book with his enthusiasm.

I read Helter Skelter when it came out, and Bugliosi's tale of the events and the official story in pretty believable. But later on in life I started listening to Vincent Bugliosi and he just go more and more weird, angry, egotistical, and all of that. Now I think Bugliosi could have layered on some extra shit to the story too. Huge ego that man had, I wouldn't put it past him.

I bought the book because there is something there to the whole CIA LSD thing. The CIA tried to destroy all traces of their program, they lied to us, and if not by chance that program was uncovered by a congressional investigation. What remains is if there was any connection to the CIA and free clinic where we now know the CIA was giving LSD to hippies in SF during the time Manson and the girls were living there.

The whole Manson event is so fucked up. These young girls turned into ruthless nazi like killers. But LSD was a big thing with the Manson family, but Manson himself rarely used it. Did he learn how to mind fuck people and control them the same way the CIA was experimenting on soldiers and such with?  That is what bothers me.

I haven't started reading it yet. Still re reading Helter Skelter first as a baseline. I'll post my take on this book after I read it. I do not easily buy conspiracy stuff. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald could have made that shot, and I don't believe in UFOs.

Edited by kipper

On 9/16/2020 at 7:59 AM, JTM said:

Book.jpg

Why do they many of them cry: 'OH, MY GOD!' when the shit hits the fan? 😄

11 hours ago, redrum said:

Because of that little bit of early childhood brainwashing that's ingrained and hard to shake off..

Edited by JTM

20 hours ago, redrum said:

Reality probably.