VH1-Greatest Hard Rock Songs

Melanie_72

Tonight on VH1, they will start airing the "100 Greatest Songs of Hard Rock" starting at 10pm ET. I know at least "Whole Lotta Love" makes the cut because in the commercial, Ozzy Osborne was making the sound that Jimmy does with his guitar during the song, LOL!! I just wonder how many more Zep songs will make the list because we know they have lots of great ones! Tonight it starts airing songs 100-81, Tues, night 80-61, Wed. 60-41, Thurs., 40-21 and then concludes Friday night with 20-1. I am going to stay tuned that's for sure! B)

Thanks so much for the information! I love these kinds of shows. I can't wait to hear the "O, brother", and hear the sighing, and the rolling of the eyes from my family members every time a Zep tune is introduced. Why does my obsession annoy them so much! B)

But the worst is when the number 1 song is something I can't stand or don't at all deem worth of being number 1. :angry:

How many Zepp songs can you really leave off a list like that? 1 will probably be something like Satisfaction.

I think you might be right. I watched all the way down to number 1 one time and I think it was Satisfaction. Now I like the Rolling Stones, but I just can't stand that song.

Telling from the blimp graphics going all through the program, I assume #1 is by Led Zeppelin.

From what I saw, no Led Zeppelin songs were in the 100-81 section.

On the options for voting on the VH1 website, the only Led Zeppelin songs are Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love. Pretty disappointing, since I would've put Black Dog, Dazed and confused and Achilles up there too.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/rock_honor...08/voting.jhtml

Telling from the blimp graphics going all through the program, I assume #1 is by Led Zeppelin.

On the options for voting on the VH1 website, the only Led Zeppelin songs are Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love. Pretty disappointing, since I would've put Black Dog, Dazed and confused and Achilles up there too.

Thanks for the link. I didn't get to watch the first part last night because I went to bed early, but it will re-air tonight at 9 ET right before the next segment. There are only 2 Zep songs to choose from? Oh well, I bet both will be in the top 10 if not one of them at #1.

As usual, a shit list.

Seven Nation Army?

Eye of the Tiger?

Only one Hendrix and Cream song?

WTF!

I'm surprised The Captain and Tennille didn't have a song on the list.

I agree that Black Dog should of been there, maybe instead of Kashmir.

You could make a case for Immigrant Song, too.

VH1 are wankers and should stick to what they do best. Flavor Flav and Bret Michaels shows, or Celebrity Rehab. I'm sure another Baldwin brother is ready.

There will be Fall out Boy crap, some My chemical Romance shit

I hear ya! I saw FOB on SNL and was not impressed at all. And why the big deal about the bass player? Other than being married to a Simpson, I don't see anything special about the guy. Doesn't even sing lead.

Don't know much about MCR, but are they the group that does that song "Turn the Car Around? When I hear that, I want to stick my finger down my throat and spew. Maroon 5 is another that makes me think "God, what happened to rock & roll music"

You know those cocksuckers at VH1 will put songs that came out last week up there. There will be Fall out Boy crap, some My chemical Romance shit, and of course they will have some horse dung made by Kid Rock up there.

Just the guys that they keep taking commentary from, over and over.... Dee Snyder, etc...

That should tell you somthing right off the bat.....

Any program that has "Hot Blodded" as one of The Greatest Hard Rock songs. already has no credibility with me..... Winger, WASP, and all of the COMMERCIAL rock hits DOES NOT EQUATE to "The Greatest" of anything, in my book.

But this is VH1, what do you expect !!

<------------- likes Eye of the Tiger.... :blush:

All of the Top Twenty should be Zep, though. :)

I like "Eye of the Tiger" too Charlotte Sometimes! I also like "Hot Blooded". Yes, there should certainly be a lotta Zep in the top 20, certainly top 10. :)

Amen!! I don't really know why I'm watching it* - I always get pissed off at Vh1 lists :angry:

*Actually, I do know why I'm watching it- put Led Zeppelin on the comercial & I'm hooked :)

VH1 obviously acknowledges Zeppelin's perimment place in Hard Rack... as their backdrop for many of the interviews, is/are Zeppelins/Blimps...... :D

Alas if it's the same countdown I'm thinking of, Satisfaction by the Stones takes top honors. But I could be mistaken.

This is a whole new countdown. I do however, remember "Satisfaction" being number 1 on I think it was called the the "Greatest Rock Songs". I believe this was done a few years back. Anyways, Zeppelin was named "Greatest Hard Rock Band" by VH1 on the countdown of Hard Rock artists which Carmen Electra hosted back in 2000, so I think it would be fitting if Zeppelin got the #1 spot of the "Greatest Hard Rock Songs". :)

This is a whole new countdown. I do however, remember "Satisfaction" being number 1 on I think it was called the the "Greatest Rock Songs". I believe this was done a few years back. Anyways, Zeppelin was named "Greatest Hard Rock Band" by VH1 on the countdown of Hard Rock artists which Carmen Electra hosted back in 2000, so I think it would be fitting if Zeppelin got the #1 spot of the "Greatest Hard Rock Songs". :)

Oh - interesting. I didn't realise they had done a new version. I'll be interested to see what ends up at number one this time :)

Archived