VH1-Greatest Hard Rock Songs

Melanie_72

How's it going "ninelives?" You're right, TWISTED SISTER is Hard Rock but I don't think that their music was that great to make the Top 20. Maybe the Top 100 but not the Top 20. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF - no I don't think their music is all that but you have to look at it within the context of the list and the fact it's going to lean more towards the predictable. They were pretty popular and the song was one of those everyone seemed to groove on. That's why I don't get too worked up over these things - it's all very subjective.

Hi ZFF - no I don't think their music is all that but you have to look at it within the context of the list and the fact it's going to lean more towards the predictable. They were pretty popular and the song was one of those everyone seemed to groove on. That's why I don't get too worked up over these things - it's all very subjective.

You sound very intelligent "ninelives," now you're starting to sound like me. I guess I shouldn't get so worked up over it. After all, I can't do anything about it. I better get off this computer since the owner of the bar, who is also my friend, is waiting patiently for me to get off of the computer. I'll be talking to you tomorrow when I'm sober. ROCK ON!

How's it going "ms_zeppelin94?" You have to admit, your Mom and I do have a point. Helter Skelter has been voted in some polls as being a pioneer in Hard Rock music. Helter Skelter was released in 1968 shortly before LED ZEPPELIN and BLACK SABBATH came on the music scene in 1968-1969. I am still in shock that TWISTED SISTER made the Top 20 and not THE BEATLES. ROCK ON!

Wassup "ZeppFanForever"? :) I didn't mean that none of The Beatles is hard rock. I agree about the Twisted Sister thing :blink: What were these people thinking? In addition to "Helter Skelter" I think the single release of "Revolution" could be "hard rock"

IUT(Interesting,Useless Tidbit)Paul McCartney said that The Beatles were trying to make a louder racket with “Helter Skelter” than The Who did with “I Can See For Miles.”

Wassup "ZeppFanForever"? :) I didn't mean that none of The Beatles is hard rock. I agree about the Twisted Sister thing :blink: What were these people thinking? In addition to "Helter Skelter" I think the single release of "Revolution" could be "hard rock"

IUT(Interesting,Useless Tidbit)Paul McCartney said that The Beatles were trying to make a louder racket with “Helter Skelter” than The Who did with “I Can See For Miles.”

Wassup "ms_zeppelin94?" Please don't take it that I was getting on your case because I really wasn't. I was just saying that Revolution and Helter Skelter should have made the Top 100 songs list. After all, your Mom and I both agreed and I don't even know her. IUT, that's an interesting term. I'll have to use that at work. ROCK ON!

Wassup "ms_zeppelin94?" Please don't take it that I was getting on your case because I really wasn't. I was just saying that Revolution and Helter Skelter should have made the Top 100 songs list. After all, your Mom and I both agreed and I don't even know her. IUT, that's an interesting term. I'll have to use that at work. ROCK ON!

No-I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were getting on my case. Thanks for the IUT-glad someone else likes it :D

Anybody else notice that The Rolling Stones weren't even on the countdown?

No-I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were getting on my case. Thanks for the IUT-glad someone else likes it :D

Anybody else notice that The Rolling Stones weren't even on the countdown?

Hello "ms_zeppelin94!" AH MY HEAD!!!!!! I just woke up and I have a massive headache. I like that term IUT! As for THE ROLLING STONES, I am surprised that "Can't You hear Me Knocking" or "Midnight Rambler" didn't make the list. ROCK ON!

The only problem I had with the list was that Hells Bells and T.N.T. by AC/DC or other songs from Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath were much more hard rock than Marilyn Manson's The Beautiful and other songs on the list but then the list would be filled with 6 AC/DC songs 5 Black Sabbath songs and so on.

How's it going "Melanie_72?" I'm over here at my local bar down the street and am using my friend's computer in his office. I just saw the Top 20 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs ever on TV here at the bar and I was TOTALLY disappointed! Here are the Top 20 all-time Greatest Hard Rock Songs ever as follows:

(1.) GUNS N' ROSES - Welcome To The Jungle

(2.) AC/DC - Back In Black

(3.) LED ZEPPELIN - Whole Lotta Love

(4.) BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid

(5.) METALLICA - Enter Sandman

(6.) THE WHO - Won't Get Fooled Again

(7.) NIRVANA - Smells Like Teen Spirit

(8.) AEROSMITH - Walk This Way

(9.) VAN HALEN - Runnin' With The Devil

(10.) MOTORHEAD - Ace Of Spades

(11.) DEEP PURPLE - Smoke On The Water

(12.) JUDAS PRIEST - Breaking The Law

(13.) DEF LEPPARD - Photograph

(14.) IRON MAIDEN - Run To The Hills

(15.) MOTLEY CRUE - Dr. Feelgood

(16.) KISS - I Wanna Rock n' Roll All night (And Party Everyday)

(17.) TWISTED SISTER - I Wanna Rock

(18.) SCORPIONS - Rock You Like A Hurricane

(19.) RUSH - Tom Sawyer

(20.) BON JOVI - You Give Love A Bad Name

In my opinion, some of these songs do not deserve to be in the Top 20. However, these bands do deserve a place in the Top 100. Please do not get me wrong, I do love all of these bands and their songs but I truly felt that THE BEATLES' songs such as Revolution and Helter Skelter should have made the Top 3. The Top 3 in my opinion should have been:

(1.) LED ZEPPELIN - Whole Lotta Love

(2.) THE BEATLES - Helter Skelter

(3.) BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid

Thats just my opinion, how do all of you feel? ROCK ON!

Hey ZFF! Thanks for typing the top 20 list. Oh well, Zep didn't get the top spot but at least they had 2 songs on the countdown! I do agree about the Beatles song "Revolution" or "Helter Skelter" should've made the cut although they aren't considered hard rock, but those are some hard rocking songs. B)

this is Hard Rock countdown, what they define that as, I dont know but when I think of hard rock I dont think of Zeppelin, I think of AC/DC, Sabbath, Metallica, etc. None of which I like even close to as much as Zeppelin, many of these songs were considered metal. I dont think any of it is easily defined. And remember, people voted.

I think its appropriate.

:huh: How would you define them? I consider Zep definetly hard rock.

This list was Laughable!!! A Led Zeppelin song should have definitely been number 1. How in the hell was Kashmir only 21?? While Bon Jovi, twisted sister, KISS, where in the top 20. Where is Baba O'Reilly, Sympathy for the Devil, Black Dog, Helter Skelter, Revolution, Brick in the Wall, Money, War Pigs, Roadhouse Blues, LA Women, Bohemian Rhapsody, That's just off the top of my head.

Its a complete joke to think that "Welcome to the Jungle" is the #1 Hard Rock song of all time. Give me a break.

Yep, you are probably right, LOL.

VH1 has become the Brett Michaels channel. By the end of the countdown I was muting his voice and that lame ass song off his new album was very bad. Most of the list was laughable with the inclusion of a lot of loser hair bands.

This list was Laughable!!! A Led Zeppelin song should have definitely been number 1. How in the hell was Kashmir only 21?? While Bon Jovi, twisted sister, KISS, where in the top 20. Where is Baba O'Reilly, Sympathy for the Devil, Black Dog, Helter Skelter, Revolution, Brick in the Wall, Money, War Pigs, Roadhouse Blues, LA Women, Bohemian Rhapsody, That's just off the top of my head.

Its a complete joke to think that "Welcome to the Jungle" is the #1 Hard Rock song of all time. Give me a break.

How's it going "TheHunter1188?" THATS WHAT I WAS SAYING! Helter Skelter should have been number 2. My Top 3 would have been:

(2.) THE BEATLES - Helter Skelter (This was a Hard Rock song for its time in 1968.)

Again, that's just my opinion. ROCK ON!

I also couldn't believe "Welcome to the Jungle" made #1. Please!!

(2.) THE BEATLES - Helter Skelter (This was a Hard Rock song for its time in 1968.)

I agree...the top 3 definitely should've been those songs.

Hilarious list. Any list where painful garbage like Bon phony places ahead of KASMHIR cannot be taken seriously. Let's face it, they're a bunch of over-rewarded Jersey hacks that evoke nothing but NAUSEA with their cheeseball ballads and corny cliche fake rockers. Ugggh!!

Rush's Tom Sawyer should have been in top 5. Outside of Zep, Rush has more great riffs and songs that you can count. Of course, this is outside of fact that Zep should really hold the first 30 slots as they have an unlimited amount of all the best riffs, all slicker, tighter, and tastier than all other wannabes' on the list put together, but I understand they can't give it all to Zep. Judas Priest is another band with tons of great riffs too, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Point of Entry, Hell Bent For Leather...all classic killer albums.

All in all, another generic useless list by clueless brain-damaged simpletons who need to put down the pipe and get the shit outta their ears.

re: Welcome to the Jungle being #1...

I'm not a big GnR fan. Hell, I'm not even a small one either. But I say give the song some credit. It was HUGE when it came out. And to their credit, GnR effectively killed the glam rock hair band movement with this song. For that, I say congratulations GnR.

How's it going "TheHunter1188?" THATS WHAT I WAS SAYING! Helter Skelter should have been number 2. My Top 3 would have been:

Again, that's just my opinion. ROCK ON!

I consider Helter Skelter the first ever metal song.

Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath pretty much created heavy metal with a little help from a few other bands like The Beatles(Helter Skelter and Revolution and maybe I Want You), Steppenwolf(Born to be Wild), Stones helped also.

Good way to desribe it!!

Hello "ms_zeppelin94!" AH MY HEAD!!!!!! I just woke up and I have a massive headache. I like that term IUT! As for THE ROLLING STONES, I am surprised that "Can't You hear Me Knocking" or "Midnight Rambler" didn't make the list. ROCK ON!

Sastifaction?? Hello stupid VH1 People!

Hey ZFF! Thanks for typing the top 20 list. Oh well, Zep didn't get the top spot but at least they had 2 songs on the countdown! I do agree about the Beatles song "Revolution" or "Helter Skelter" should've made the cut although they aren't considered hard rock, but those are some hard rocking songs. B)

How's it going "Melanie_72?" No problem, you are very welcome. True, THE BEATLES are not considered Hard Rock but they did contribute some great Hard Rockers such as "Paperback Writer," "Revolution," "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey" and "Helter Skelter." Believe it or not, "Birthday" may be on the borderline of a Hard Rock song too. What do you think? What do all of you think? ROCK ON!

Archived