what song started you on Zeppelin?

walrus15427

For me I can't even remember...my dad used to play me all of his records when I was a little tyke in the early 1980s (The Who, Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, Allman Brothers, Beatles, Stones, etc)...my earliest memories of Zep are listening to Black Dog in our old early 1980s Toyota and going through my dad's vinyl when I was 6 yrs old or so...when the first Led Zeppelin box set came out and he bought it on CD, I made cassette copies of it (to go along with the cassettes I made of his vinyl) to listen to in my room/walkman...

Memories!

Back in the early 70's, when I was a young lad around 9 years old, my friends would say..."Did you hear Led Zeppelin"? I was into The Beatles and Jimmy Hendrix, my first thought was Led Zeppelin was an actual person. I never heard of "him".....all my friends were going crazy over Led Zeppelin, so w/o even hearing LZ...I automatically didn't like "him" because everyone was going nuts over LZ.

The very next day, I'm at my friends house and he throws on LZ 4, unknown to me. I hear Stairway and I said something to the effect of...Holy shit who is this???? My friend said Led Zeppelin. OOOOHHHH, this is Led Zeppelin? Man that dude can play guitar. Later on I found out Led Zeppelin was the name of the group, and Jimmy Page was the one who changed my life forever.

I would say about a month or so later I had every LZ album that was available. :D

At first I really hated Zeppelin.My father is a huge fan and whenever we talked about music(which was pretty often in fact) he would mention them,which annoyed me.Then I heard Down By The Seaside and I was blown by the vocals.It was really different from everything I had listened to till that moment.I remember that I refused to admit I loved them up to the point when I said "I don't need a cd player because all Zep albums we have are on tapes." :rolleyes:

That would probably have 2 be What is and what should never be. My parents were big zep heads, and they said when I was a baby they put headphones on me that were playing that song, and I started nodding to the music. As I grew up, I always loved zeppelin, so thanx mom and dad for introducing them at such a young age!

Back in the early 70's, when I was a young lad around 9 years old, my friends would say..."Did you hear Led Zeppelin"? I was into The Beatles and Jimmy Hendrix, my first thought was Led Zeppelin was an actual person. I never heard of "him".....all my friends were going crazy over Led Zeppelin, so w/o even hearing LZ...I automatically didn't like "him" because everyone was going nuts over LZ.

The very next day, I'm at my friends house and he throws on LZ 4, unknown to me. I hear Stairway and I said something to the effect of...Holy shit who is this???? My friend said Led Zeppelin. OOOOHHHH, this is Led Zeppelin? Man that dude can play guitar. Later on I found out Led Zeppelin was the name of the group, and Jimmy Page was the one who changed my life forever.

I would say about a month or so later I had every LZ album that was available. :D

Like your Avatar. Good one of Jimmy.

I'm in my early thirties so I really didn't "know" about Led Zeppelin until I was about five but my parents let us listen to the radio from birth (no kiddies music!) so I remembered hearing the songs before I knew who wrote them. So, I don't know the first song I ever heard but the first one to stick with me was Black Dog because our DJ on our rock station at the time was obsessed with that song.

My boyfriend in college bought me the Remaster's collection for my birthday. I skipped class all the next day and listened to it over and over while lying in the sun (yes, college freshman with newfound freedom!). FYI -the warm sun on your skin mixes well with the euphoria of the music. :P

Anyway, Trampled Underfoot is my all time favorite. I cannot listen to that song (or any LZ song for that matter) without dancing around and shaking my head violently and playing air guitar (sorry Jimmy). I only do that now when I'm alone, though! :D

Nobody's Fault but Mine, Kashmir, When The Levee Breaks, Rock and Roll, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, and Over The Hills and Far Away are my other favorites.

what song started you on Zeppelin?

mine is immigrant song and black dog

How's it going "walrus15427?" Mine was "Whole Lotta Love." It really is true that most women lost their virginity while listening to LED ZEPPELIN II. One of my ex-girlfriends in high school lost her virginity to me while listening to "Whole Lotta Love." Sounds like that would be a good topic for a new thread. "WHAT LED ZEPPELIN SONG DID YOU LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY TO?" ROCK ON!

Immigrant Song was my introduction to Zep.It was the early 70's on the local AM station,I would've been about 8,but because of older sibs I was weaned on Cocker and CCR.I can remember thinking when hearing Immigrant Song "hey,this is different" and it was !,like nothing I'd ever heard before.Life and other music got in the way for a few years,but I found Led Zeppelin again in the late 70's and they've been a large part of my life ever since. :D

i am a bit vague on the actual song, but it was IV. my older brother had it and PG. i was about 11 or so. i have loved them ever since. i still play zeppelin daily.

My older brother had IV too and I used to "borrow" it from him all the time and play it when he wasn't around :o

B)

Whole lotta love. After I heard that, I wanted more!!! So I also listened Moby Dick, which inspired me to enter in the drumm world at the age of 13.Now i`m 14 . I have the whole discography, concerts, and also learned more about them and about other Gods of Rock like Deep Purple or Pink Floyd etc. Few weeks ago I saw this great book in a store "When Giants walked the earth" But, bloody hell i had no money then. But a nice man stopped me and asked me many things about Zepp. I answered and after ten minutes, on the street he stopped me and told me "Here, Santa came for you" and gave the book to me. It was great.

Hi to all! This is my first post! For me, it was Black Dog. I was eight years old. When I first heard it, it felt so different than anything else I had ever heard. I was hooked right then and there. Till this day I still seem to " come alive " when I hear a Zep song.

Wow nicely said....what other music makes you come alive like ZEPPELIN...I dont think there is any.........................How can you not thank zeppelin for all the wonderful memories embedded in your head.........They are pure talent......

Whole lotta love. After I heard that, I wanted more!!! So I also listened Moby Dick, which inspired me to enter in the drum world at the age of 13.Now i`m 14 . I have the whole discography, concerts, and also learned more about them and about other Gods of Rock like Deep Purple or Pink Floyd etc. Few weeks ago I saw this great book in a store "When Giants walked the earth" But, bloody hell i had no money then. But a nice man stopped me and asked me many things about Zepp. I answered and after ten minutes, on the street he stopped me and told me "Here, Santa came for you" and gave the book to me. It was great.

Cool story. Great to have more young fans into Zeppelin. I guess you were sanctioned by some worldly force. Welcome to the forum. :welcome2: This can be a fun place at times.

We're now at over 12,000 members!

Let's see, I started listening to Good Times Bad Times, Going To California, Thank You, Since I've Been Loving You, and Kashmir, I usually get a handful of songs from a band at one time, pretty soon it was the only band I would listen to and I was reading up on them trying to learn everything I can and it was all that I could talk about, for about a 2 year period I didn't even bother to listen to another song by another band because I was just too interested in Zeppelin.

Archived