what song started you on Zeppelin?

walrus15427

• 2 weeks later...

I was stationed in SF in February 1969, we were driving down a big hill when a song called Communication Breakdown blared from the radio. I immediately bought their debut album and have listened to it thousands, maybe tens of thousands, times. It is, by far, my favorite LZ album. If I were stranded on a desert album and could only have three albums, I think it would be this album, On Time by Grand Funk and Never Mind the Bollocks. Hard to leave The Doors debut self-titled off of the list, among a very few others (like Rocket to Russia). Gotta draw the line somewhere :)

The song that started me on Led Zeppelin was Stairway to Heaven. I had to be about 13 years old when I first heard it. However, Stairway was not the first Led Zeppelin song I had ever heard. Whole Lotta Love was the first. I also believe I heard Black Dog before I heard Stairway. The first Led Zeppelin album I ever bought was the untitled album, and it was because of Stairway to Heaven.

I was 12 years old and stole my older brothers Houses of the Holy album. I was totally captivated by all the songs , but mainly The Rain Song and Over The Hills And Far Away. That was 39 years ago and I am still an avid fan.

I actually remember the day pretty well. I was riding with my dad in his truck, and Godsmack's version of Good Times Bad Times came on the radio. I thought it sounded pretty cool and asked my dad who the song was by. Needless to say he told me it was originally Led Zeppelin. He had all the albums including the original TSRTS on CD. And from then on the obsession began. The first song by Zeppelin I actually listened to was Fool in the Rain followed by The Ocean. Never have I been blown away by a band's entire catalog, and I suspect it won't happen again.

Boxed Set 1.

The whole thing 'cause my dad bought the thing when I was a kid and would play it often.

Most memorable songs (some he would skip) were Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker, Ramble On, Communication Breakdown, What is and What Should Never Be (he loved playing this one because of the use of stereo), Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, Dancing Days, Stairway to Heaven

those songs in particular really turned me on to Led Zeppelin. I distinctly remember hearing each when I was a kid/early teen.

I can't remember the song very well. Probably Sick Again, Kashmir or In My Time of Dying. Either way, Physical Graffiti was the first album I heard. I don't remember which was the song I heard first, though.

I agree with TBlacK457. Only some few bands have caused the same effect of liking all their repertory. With LZ it was progressive, and this album was the beginning.

My very first Zeppelin and first rock song was Good Times Bad Times Album 1 My very first kiss with a girl w/ boobs was Stairway to heaven the long version jr high dance.

loved the band ever since. have a streatched out home made tat to prove it

Archived