New Years Eve Thread

Yukon Cornelius

Fresh swimps anytime :D I used to shrimp commercially in Barataria Bay with a 30ft

Lafitte skiff.

How about Crawfish? I love them in gumbo...yum. One place that's very popular (i believe they have two locations) in New Orleans, that makes a really tasty gumbo (i'm sure you know the place, i can't think of it).

Edit: a quick internet search and a pic of the place, pretty sure it's "The Gumbo Shop"

How about Crawfish? I love them in gumbo...yum. One place that's very popular (i believe they have two locations) in New Orleans, that makes a really tasty gumbo (i'm sure you know the place, i can't think of it).

Edit: a quick internet search and a pic of the place, pretty sure it's "The Gumbo Shop"

They're ok but not even :rolleyes: Ya gotta know B)

ohmy.gif I don't eat any kinda seafood frozen! I just walk across the street and cast a net, if

it rains hard enough I just open my back door and throw out the net! Bwaaahhah biggrin.gif

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't wanna hear it, Gulf Seafood boy!

I don't have a meal planned, (which perhaps I should start thinking about that one), but we may not drink at all tonight--I'll keep you posted. B)

Staying home. I'm just thrilled 2008 is over.

A few people may drop in, but nothing special.

I heard on the news the wind-chill in NYC will be -2* in Times Square at midnight. :freezing:

brrrrrrr......

My daughter is having a kiddie party-sleepover, so parents can stay out all night. AND making some great cash for it. B)

I used to like Oyster stew. Im sure I still do but havent had it in years. Love all seafood. Only thing I wont eat is snails. I am having a small steak, king crab leg and lobster tail. Good enough. Ill bet you have better choices in Vancouver? the best fish Ive ever tasted is alaskan Halibut. But its real expensive.

I have a great fish monger that I go to. The Alaskan Halibut we get fresh here from spring to about Sept.And like you say Yuke, it's expensive but beautiful.Happy New Year and enjoy your crab legs.

I will be getting totally obliterated tonight. New Years Eve is my night to do it all, beer, wine, hard liquor, maybe some drugs. VERY LOUD MUSIC. I don't care. The final couple of minutes leading up to midnight I will be screaming at the top of my lungs YEAAAAHHHH HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! At midnight I'm tongue kissing anybody and everybody within reach.

I will be getting totally obliterated tonight. New Years Eve is my night to do it all, beer, wine, hard liquor, maybe some drugs. VERY LOUD MUSIC. I don't care. The final couple of minutes leading up to midnight I will be screaming at the top of my lungs YEAAAAHHHH HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! At midnight I'm tongue kissing anybody and everybody within reach.

Here's to new traditions :drunk: I wish you and the Missus all the best.

Opps wrong post but same sentiment.

What do you do? Dip them in melted butter? Sounds good.

I have done that and it's not bad but I really love dipping them in Texas Pete cocktail sauce.It's better than any cocktail sauce that I've ever had.

I like mine almost raw and the Mrs likes them done well. :o We do alittle of both :D

D'oh! I should have thought of that!

I could use some cash--ANY cash!

:lol: Don't do it Mandy ! We did that once for some friends and it was a night from hell <_<

Believe me when I say, those kids wanted to go home damn quick once they realized they couldn't act like spoiled little brats at our house. No price would get me to do it again :D

Well, what is the amazing Reswati planning to do.....

also quite a lotta things to begin with the consumption of Absinthe and weed....

some friends will come and visit my little family, they can eat Oliebollen (a dutch blend of baked stuff thingy) and they can choose to drink Whisky, Rum, Wine or stuff that they bring themself.

At midnight I will crank up the volume of my stereo and open the doors and play a NASTY and LOUD Theremin solo inspired by my drunkenness and stonedness for the entire street to be heard!

^ IF you can stand a house full of kids. lol.

Hey, there's still time to call around and announce the offer.

opps...too slow, reply for Mandy.

Of course I can stand that many kids---maybe. :unsure:

(Who am I kidding? I have the teacher voice and the teacher LOOK mastered!)

Ally--most of the kids I know wouldn't DARE act like that--they've already had me as a babysitter more than a time or two.

Of course I can stand that many kids---maybe. :unsure:

(Who am I kidding? I have the teacher voice and the teacher LOOK mastered!)

Ally--most of the kids I know wouldn't DARE act like that--they've already had me as a babysitter more than a time or two.

:D OK

Archived