Plant honored with CBE

Nech

A CBE is actually higher than an OBE, poortom--not that it really matters.

Hey-Up Aquamarine,

Its very true in what you say, as my now late father became a MBE, & he was asked about 5 weeks in advance, but NOT for his musical talents, but for other lesser know occupations??? :unsure:.

Robert gets his CBE for his quote 200m Album sales, i thought it was nearer 300m!! ?, but didnt Jimmy (Should be SIR) recieve his for his work with the ABC Trust, Children of Brazil??. :notworthy:

For those outside the UK, who don't quite understand the Systen over here :whistling: We dont Either, as these days, it seems that if you have enough money £££/$$$ you can buy a Title, & do nothing to earn it, just a thought!! :sarcastic_hand: .

All the Best to all for the New Year, & WELL DONE ROBERT, I remember our "Chat" at Wembley Arena 22/05/08,(Whyalla will vouch for me..) while you were on stage with Alison.

Hang-man :ph34r:

Hiya Hang-man, I remember your little chat too! (In fact I hear it every time I listen to the boot!)

It's great your Dad got an MBE! Yes, Jimmy got his for his work with the ABC Trust, Robert's was for "services to music."

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/new_y...nours_part1.pdf

Robert Plant has been involved with charitable pursuits also.

That was true in the past in some of the monarchies that titles could be bought and not properly earned. I certainly hope that is no longer the case today.

Robert has supported a number of charities both locally and internationally.

I highly doubt he bought the title assuming that still happens.

Robert has supported a number of charities both locally and internationally.

I highly doubt he bought the title assuming that still happens.

Hey-Up,

Nice ONE Ninelives.

When I said that people buy them, it was said slightly "Tongue in Cheek", :lol:

But you not only hear of our people who are in, but shouldnt be in Government :godfather: , but Football players, or BIG Money Men, who buy BIG Estates that come with Titles :thumbdown: .......Money Hey???

Have a Good 2009- Ninelives,

Rorkes Drift, Natal, 22-23/01/1879.

Where the most VC's were awarded in battle, eleven in all.

Zulu is a great movie with Michael Caine and Stanley Baker.

Yes, sure is. One of my faves. :)

Isandlwana was the battle that took place earlier in the day and some 10 miles to the east of Rorke's Drift. It was a defeat, unlike Rorke's Drift.

Sorry to take this thread off topic.

Hey-Up,

Nice ONE Ninelives.

When I said that people buy them, it was said slightly "Tongue in Cheek", :lol:

But you not only hear of our people who are in, but shouldnt be in Government :godfather: , but Football players, or BIG Money Men, who buy BIG Estates that come with Titles :thumbdown: .......Money Hey???

Have a Good 2009- Ninelives,

Ahhh - gotcha :D

Happy New Year Hangman!

:beer:

Definitely not us! :o

Sir Robert of Kidderminster has a certain air about it.

This is for you Alison.

Not quite knightly but definitely lordly!

planttowersrobertbiggerby7.jpg

Aww c'mon Reggie29...is that beautiful picture for Alison only? It would make such a nice wallpaper on my new MacBook, hint hint.

He's already a Golden God, so CBE doesn't matter all that much! :D

Ain't that the truth. :D Congratulations nevertheless to Robert Anthony Plant on this honor he so well deserves!

Aww c'mon Reggie29...is that beautiful picture for Alison only? It would make such a nice wallpaper on my new MacBook, hint hint.

Ain't that the truth. :D Congratulations nevertheless to Robert Anthony Plant on this honor he so well deserves!

Hey Angel,

How could I have forgotten you!? :blush:

I dedicate it to you and all the girls who love him. :wub:

Knock yourself out but be gentle he's respectable gentry now! :)

Personally I don't know what all you shielas see in him! :o:rolleyes:;)B)

If you can't download it PM me and I'll email it to you.

Hey-Up Angel with a Broken Wing :injured: ,

I just wanted to wish you all the best for 2009,

Shall chat with you soon, & catch up with all the gossip,

Congratulations Robert!

:P:hysterical::P

I really dig----Commander Robert!! yoo-hoo :shifty:

But seriously, Congratulations Robert! :)

Heh. Hotplant, funny you should say that because, to me, Jimmy was always a "Commander". :shifty:

I realize that Robert won't don chain mail for the ceremony but what will he wear? Will he genuflect in front of the Queen? Kiss her ring? Kneel on a pillow and bow his head while she taps him on the shoulder with a sword? Does the Queen ever do what our American Presidents do after presenting an award: shake hands, hug, pat on the back, kiss on the check (if the recipient is a woman)?

When it comes to seeing performances at venues such as RAH, does a person with a CBE have better seats in the Royal Box than a person with an OBE?

I realize that Robert won't don chain mail for the ceremony but what will he wear? Will he genuflect in front of the Queen? Kiss her ring? Kneel on a pillow and bow his head while she taps him on the shoulder with a sword? Does the Queen ever do what our American Presidents do after presenting an award: shake hands, hug, pat on the back, kiss on the check (if the recipient is a woman)?

I expect him to charm her. Someone will probably brief him on the protocol. Maybe he will bow his head or shake hands.

HOW DO I WRITE TO THE QUEEN OR A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY, OR BEHAVE WHEN I MEET THEM?

Lots of people ask this question. There are no obligatory codes of behaviour - simply courtesy.

For more formal correspondence, people write to The Queen with the formal opening 'Madam' and close the letter with the form 'I have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's humble and obedient servant'.

For other members of the Royal Family the formal opening is 'Sir' or 'Madam'. Other people prefer to open their letter with 'Your Majesty' or 'Your Royal Highness' and end it with 'Yours sincerely'.

There are also no obligatory codes of behaviour when meeting The Queen or a member of the Royal Family, but many people wish to observe the traditional forms.

For men this is a neck bow (from the head only) whilst women do a small curtsy. Other people prefer simply to shake hands in the usual way.

On presentation to The Queen, the correct formal address is 'Your Majesty' and subsequently 'Ma'am'.

For male members of the Royal Family the same rules apply, with the title used in the first instance being 'Your Royal Highness' and subsequently 'Sir'.

For other female members of the Royal Family the first address is conventionally 'Your Royal Highness' followed by 'Ma'am' in later conversation.

http://www.royalinsight.gov.uk/output/page236.asp

Thank you for posting this news. I hope that he is genuinely pleased with this honor.

How's it going "eternal light" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I heard about Robert Plant being Knighted for his accomplishments and achievements as a member of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. In fact, Plant should be so pleased with this honor that he should reunite with LED ZEPPELIN once again and tour the whole world even if it is for one last time. I hope that it happens. ROCK ON!

How's it going "eternal light" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I heard about Robert Plant being Knighted for his accomplishments and achievements as a member of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. In fact, Plant should be so pleased with this honor that he should reunite with LED ZEPPELIN once again and tour the whole world even if it is for one last time. I hope that it happens. ROCK ON!

You may wish the queen will command him to do that...

Not knighted, ZFF, just awarded a CBE. Which is a great honor in itself. :) The announcement doesn't specify Zeppelin, it's for "services to music" in general.

Not knighted, ZFF, just awarded a CBE. Which is a great honor in itself. :) The announcement doesn't specify Zeppelin, it's for "services to music" in general.

Does the Queen still get to whack him on the noggin with a sword? ;)

It may cause an unexpected epiphany. :P

Some of his services to music have been in support of charity. I wonder if this will be his first time meeting her.

Robert Anthony PLANT Singer and Songwriter. For services

to Music.

http://www.honours.gov.uk/media/12441/queens_list2009.pdf

CBE

Awarded for:

a prominent national role of a lesser degree; or

a conspicuous leading role in regional affairs, through achievement or service to the community; or

making a highly distinguished, innovative contribution in his or her area of activity.

http://www.honours.gov.uk/honours/types.aspx

If Plant doesn't feel it's right to regroup even for small or modest joint Zep efforts ( I don't understand what's forcing them to do monster tours or nothing at all), I'm getting more and more urge to start harrasing this year's Nobel Peace Prize winner Martti Ahtisaari (or maybe I should start with his son Marko) to look into the LZ. :P

Well, seriously... Robert & other Zeps are the only ones who know enough to decide, but if he doesn't join the group again, well maybe we should start getting used to the idea that Shakira or even Anette Olzon will sing his songs before long.

Archived