What songs would be easier to play, especially for drummers

tinaledded

I'm doing some research to find out which songs would not be too difficult to play from a musicians standpoint.

I joined a Jam Club (singer) and it's fantastic. Over 500 great classic wrong songs to choose from. But no Zeppelin? The club owner says that their songs are just too hard, especially for the drummers.

There are some great drummers in the club and they are all about the perfect age to have grown up with this stuff. I've talked to other members and most are keen on trying.

Please suggest some songs for me.

Thanks

Truly Ledded

Tina

I'm doing some research to find out which songs would not be too difficult to play from a musicians standpoint.

I joined a Jam Club (singer) and it's fantastic. Over 500 great classic wrong songs to choose from. But no Zeppelin? The club owner says that their songs are just too hard, especially for the drummers.

There are some great drummers in the club and they are all about the perfect age to have grown up with this stuff. I've talked to other members and most are keen on trying.

Please suggest some songs for me.

Thanks

Truly Ledded

Tina

Zeppelin songs are incredibly hard but with practice and determination some are not too bad. Whole Lotta Love isnt too bad - Id go with that.

Zeppelin songs are incredibly hard but with practice and determination some are not too bad. Whole Lotta Love isnt too bad - Id go with that.

Whole Lotta Love can get pretty tricky in the middle. I've been in bands for years and it is definitely hard to play Zeppelin on the drums...or to sing or play guitar, for that matter. Anyway, some of the easier songs that we used to play were The Rover, Livin' Lovin' Maid, All of My Love and Good Times Bad Times. Of course I used a double pedal to play the bass drum parts that Bonham used only one foot to play! :) There are lots of others too but Bonham is definitely hard to play compared to most Classic Rock drummers. Ah, but that's why he was so great! Let us know what you decide.

Whole Lotta Love can get pretty tricky in the middle. I've been in bands for years and it is definitely hard to play Zeppelin on the drums...or to sing or play guitar, for that matter. Anyway, some of the easier songs that we used to play were The Rover, Livin' Lovin' Maid, All of My Love and Good Times Bad Times. Of course I used a double pedal to play the bass drum parts that Bonham used only one foot to play! :) There are lots of others too but Bonham is definitely hard to play compared to most Classic Rock drummers. Ah, but that's why he was so great! Let us know what you decide.

The middle is hard, when I jammed with a drummer we knda did the Knebworth/TSRTS version and just did a jam in the middle then got back to the riff.

Another idea that you (OP) could do is do a Zeppelin medley, you could play the opening few bars of some songs and then launch into a complete 'easier' song. just a thought.

Anything in 4/4 time and with no poly-rhythmic passages should be fine. You don't have to memorize drum fills exactly, either. There aren't any real difficult Led Zeppelin songs for any instrument, unless you want to play something note for note, that just takes good transcribing skills and time though.

Archived