Strange Food Mixes

Dancin'Days

When I was a kid I used to put potato chips inside sandwiches. It sounds kinda gross, but it was good!

try putting potato salad on a sandwich, less crunch but more potato flavor. my dad and brother do that, i've tried it and its ok, but not a regular thing for me.

Liver and onions and fried okra. Who can eat a pineapple sandwhich? Make the bread all soggy.

A catfish sandwhich with ketchup is great!

i've had fried liver and onions and liked it. my sis in law makes it, but my brother cant eat one bite. my parents grew up with it but never make it.

catfish po boys are great, with mayonaisse w/garlic in it. lettuce/tomato ofcourse and french bread!

I like fried okra. I tried it for the first time ever this summer in Oklahoma.

I like a LOT of strange combinations. Apparently, things that I think are "normal" aren't.

But I will NEVER eat peanut butter and mayo sandwiches! (Sorry, Spalove...)

I like fried okra. I tried it for the first time ever this summer in Oklahoma.

I like a LOT of strange combinations. Apparently, things that I think are "normal" aren't.

But I will NEVER eat peanut butter and mayo sandwiches! (Sorry, Spalove...)

my brother worked with someone from the south and makes fried okra with bacon. no offense, but i love the bacon. nah its not bad, but its just an interesting texture and i saw the whole cooking process, interesting vegatable thats for sure.

i put some bree cheese in canned black bean soup before. just slightly mixing some food from trader joes. oh yeah, i'm crazy.

Wondeful eats aren`t they middlezep and Manders. Almost forgot to add another favorite, fried oysters, but they have have to be battered in cornmeal. No raw for me, its like swallowing a lugie.

YUCK!

Those things can kill you espcially when havested over a sewer pipe.

I even like the canned oysters on a saltine with mustard. I eat them when I need my daily dose of mercury. B)

Wondeful eats aren`t they middlezep and Manders. Almost forgot to add another favorite, fried oysters, but they have have to be battered in cornmeal. No raw for me, its like swallowing a lugie.

YUCK!

Those things can kill you espcially when havested over a sewer pipe.

I even like the canned oysters on a saltine with mustard. I eat them when I need my daily dose of mercury. B)

don't be afraid of seafood. i worked in commercial clamming here on long island for awhile and its totally regulated. if the water is dirty they wont let you clam, same for oystering down there i'm sure.

a fried oyster po boy sandwich is really great. the fried catfish and fried oyster were my favorites.

I like a peanut butter, mayo (Hellmans) and a slice of american cheese sandwich. YUM YUM YUM.

Try some Hellmans on a barbeque sandwich if you do slow cooked pork in Germany,in addition to the usual condiments.Tweaks it up a notch for me.

Fans of okra...ever tried eating a freshly cut pods while you're standing next to the plants? Probably to funky for most,but enjoyable to me.Hell,I wasn't even born in the south!

Absolutely delicious, but since many have never tried it, may be considered to be strange to some:

Smoked fish on a bagel (garlic or onion are my favs) with cream cheese. Either Kippered Salmon, Nova Lox or Smoked Whitefish. Also delicious with lettuce and tomatoe.

reinsbagels.jpg

max_211001S.jpg

Okay, and I thought I was weird....but mayo and PB?? so strange.

to everyone who mentioned fried okra, that is a miraculous invention, not a strange one.

I love love love the Elvis sandwich, which isnt odd imo, honey, pb, banana and grilled....some put bacon on as well, which is also good, just not something i do everytime.

my boyfriend thinks its strange that i dip my fries in my frosty at wendys, but damn its good.

Absolutely delicious, but since many have never tried it, may be considered to be strange to some:

Smoked fish on a bagel (garlic or onion are my favs) with cream cheese. Either Kippered Salmon, Nova Lox or Smoked Whitefish. Also delicious with lettuce and tomatoe.

reinsbagels.jpg

max_211001S.jpg

Goodness - that's not strange. That's Sunday breakfast!! :) Just add onions and capers (and hold the lettuce and tomato).

I used to eat cream cheese and jelly sandwiches as a kid.

If I get a fish sandwich from McDonalds, I always end up putting some french fries on the sandwich. When I was younger, I always put crushed potato chips on a cheese sandwich. I've been known to dip potato chips in cake frosting, and I put Sriracha Hot Sauce on alot of stuff...Pizza, macaroni and cheese, lomein, french fries...It's addictive. :D

untitled.jpg

^I put frank's red hot sauce on mac salad, chicken and sandwiches w/mayo. i substitute cayenne pepper for regular black pepper on some foods too.

i thought of sort of an odd dish that my parents make sometimes. its german/american dish. canned tomato puree in a pot, add a rue to it, a head of shredded cabbage and then pan fry pork chops and then in the pot, to boil rest of the way. usually served with mash potato, very simple meal, but you can't add anything to it, like onions. the simplicity is what makes it good, some like it, some don't.

i think i've discovered something with avocado and franks red hot sauce...on a ham sandwich, mac salad, or whatever. the extra blandness with its own flavor-avacado and the salt,vinegar,spice and tang of franks red hot sauce works really well.

basically, i think i'm going through summer garden tomato withdrawal.

Archived