Strange Food Mixes

Dancin'Days

No, no I should not. I eat what I eat, I don't eat what I don't like and that's that. I've actually seen people booed from Vienna Beef hot dog stands in Chicago for requesting ketchup on their hot dog. I always say, if you're lucky you'll out-run the sauerkraut being thrown at you.

Now THAT'S a hot dog. Mustard and sauerkraut. Probably because of the German influence in the city. Damn, now I want one. :(

Thanks a lot. Now I'M hungry. :lol:

And ketchup on a friggin' hot dog? That's sacrilege. <_<

Sacrilege? C'mon Rock. :lol: It's a freaking hot dog. Do we really know what a weiner is made of. :huh: Hey I love 'em too. I just close my eyes when I'm eating one.

Did I just say that? :unsure:

:burp:

You can be an honorary Chicagoan. Yeah, I think I'm buying some hot dogs and kraut this weekend and having me one. I miss not living there. Make sure you steam the bun, that's the trick.

Edit: Hey, this is my 5,000th post!

You can be an honorary Chicagoan. Yeah, I think I'm buying some hot dogs and kraut this weekend and having me one. I miss not living there. Make sure you steam the bun, that's the trick.

Indeed. The steamed bun makes a big difference. :)

Sacrilege? C'mon Rock. :lol: It's a freaking hot dog. Do we really know what a weiner is made of. :huh: Hey I love 'em too. I just close my eyes when I'm eating one.

Closing your eyes to eat a hot dog is okay, pushing the back of your own head while eating one is not.....sorry I just had to say that.

:D

if people did know they would never eat one. :D

I'm sorry to say that I do know what they are made of. :blink:

I worked at This place and made over 25,000 a day. I didn't eat a hotdog for 15 years after that....and now only certain brands. The stories I could tell.... :(

Made blood-tongue sausage and head cheese too.

No, no I should not. I eat what I eat, I don't eat what I don't like and that's that. I've actually seen people booed from Vienna Beef hot dog stands in Chicago for requesting ketchup on their hot dog. I always say, if you're lucky you'll out-run the sauerkraut being thrown at you.

Now THAT'S a hot dog. Mustard and sauerkraut. Probably because of the German influence in the city. Damn, now I want one. :(

And I can't stand hot dogs; I haven't had one since the 80s. :lol: I'm a real PITA at family barbecues; I have to bring my own burger sometimes :unsure: You know how sometimes you bite into something you can't bite through...ugh. Just thinking about it makes my teeth hurt. :(

I worked at This place and made over 25,000 a day. I didn't eat a hotdog for 15 years after that....and now only certain brands. The stories I could tell.... :(

Blood sausage is illegal now! Head Cheese mmmm! :D

Ketchup on hotdogs mmmm!

Egg salad mmmm!

Ketchup on eggs :burp::thumbdown:

In middle school we watched a movie on how they make hot dogs. Well that ended my consumption of them :lol:

No issues with sharing opinions as food is a personal preference, but you presented it as it was the only way which is why I asked.

In my mind it is the only way. In your mind it's not. That's the kind of the point here. At no point was I trying to impress upon people that I was a culinary genius. Chicagoans are very particular (and peculiar) when it comes to food. We have a specific way of making ribs, pizza, hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches along with a host of other ethnically-centered foods. Just like New Yorkers, we think our way is the only way.

Wow, congrats on the 5,000, that's a nice big number. :D Off topic, but do you post on other forums too?

how about a Steak Pie on a barmcake....( bap, bread roll, cob, etc... depending on what you call it wherever you are!) mmmmmmmmmm..... I guess this is why people call people from Wigan pie eaters, they just taste too good!!!!

Archived